Original Stargate movie and origin of goauld parasite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Original Stargate movie and origin of goauld parasite

I have read different theories about the origin of the goauld parasite one such theory being that in the movie before taking a human host it was inside an Asgard body. Here is something I just recently thought of because of the Independence Day movie coming out in the first movie when they operate on the alien Will smiths character brings in to Area 51 the alien looks a lot like an Asgard or the general little gray/green description UFO abductees describe, seeing that both films were written by Roland Emmerich and Dean Devlin does anyone else think that maybe the alien we see in the flashback scene could not be an Asgard as some have thought but instead be a member of the alien race that attacked earth in the first Independence Day movie and the new one being released. Just a thought and any feedback and thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Originally posted by Jonny_0387 View Post
    I have read different theories about the origin of the goauld parasite one such theory being that in the movie before taking a human host it was inside an Asgard body. Here is something I just recently thought of because of the Independence Day movie coming out in the first movie when they operate on the alien Will smiths character brings in to Area 51 the alien looks a lot like an Asgard or the general little gray/green description UFO abductees describe, seeing that both films were written by Roland Emmerich and Dean Devlin does anyone else think that maybe the alien we see in the flashback scene could not be an Asgard as some have thought but instead be a member of the alien race that attacked earth in the first Independence Day movie and the new one being released. Just a thought and any feedback and thoughts would be greatly appreciated
    It's possible; I'm not sure on the theory but I guess it is...
    Hi, I'm currently working on a new Thread called...
    Stargate SG-1 Season 11 and Onwards

Come and take a look in the Fan Fiction section if you are interested!
    Current Episode - 11x08 - "Abduction"

Comment

It would be interesting if it were and it sounds like a good biases for a work of fanfiction, though I highly doubt it. I am just going to guess that it is just an artistic coincidence because of the vision they had in their heads about what the Aliens/Asgard look like.
      sigpic

Comment

To me the version you see of RA when hes just about to get blown up by the Naquadah enhanced Bomb looks like an Asgard. Like Kalyov above, I think the whole Grey Alien thing and the look of Ra in that form was an artistic reference shot.. as in it was based on a Grey Alien.

That was taken to a different level with the actual Introduction of the Asgard. THe use of the Grey Aliens comes up a lot in many different scifi shows and themed episodes.

Personally I prefer the SG-1 version of the origin of the Go'auld Parasite. THat they evolved in the waters of the planet they were found on P3X-888 (this is an assumption but holds some validity) . THen they used the Unas whole also evolved there as a carrier vessel to leave their world.

Comment

I prefer the TV show version too.

Actually a lot of people want to see an Asgard into Ra's other form. The problem is that if it was an Asgard then how could he appeared human or why? Was Ra a parasithic symbiote inside an Asgard body that was inside a human body?
          Besides that alien form in the movie looked more like a human/cat hybrid than an Asgard to me.
          Anyway I always viewed the movie as just a reference point of how the show started and just visualized a symbiote and glowing eyes in the place of that alien form.

Maybe that new film will expand on the version of the alien species of Ra, but I bet those wouldn't be called Goa'uld since those schmucks (Emmerich and Devlin) hate our beloved SG TV shows. I think they're just jealous because they sold it and was unable to make money on it when the show became a success.

The parasite was entirely an idea developed by the creators of the TV franchise. They wanted it that way because this new form allowed more application and it eventually proved to be the best decision. I bet if they had more money at the start they would've redid the origin movie with the symbiote.
          But let's not dwell on the past and just accept that it is how it is.
          sigpicHallowed are the Ori.

Comment

Images of the alien form inside the human that this thread refers to in the original Stargate movie.
            Image 1
            Image 2
            Image 3

I even cut out a video clip of Daniel Jackson explaining Ra's origins from the movie itself.
            Youtube Clip

Comment

Working...
            X