• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Door (605)

Visit the Episode GuideGAME OF THRONES - SEASON SIX
    THE DOOR
    EPISODE NUMBER - 605
    After receiving news from Littlefinger, Sansa tries to rally an alliance in the North. Arya gets a second chance to prove herself, while the ironborn choose their new leader. As Tyrion turns to a Red Priestess for support in Meereen, in the North Bran's location is betrayed to the enemy.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 26 May 2016, 11:47 PM.

and we learn the backstory of Hodor in the very same episode they kill him off

Quite the death toll this week. I mean, nothing too new on GOT but a lot of secondary characters bit the dust.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hodor's death really got to me....I was just crying at the end. It was very hard. And do they really have to kill off the wolves? I guess there are maybe just two now....Jon's and perhaps Arya's. I don't remember what happened with Arya's.

On the other hand -- the looks that Tormund kept giving Brienne was pretty hilarious.
      Last edited by Booklover; 23 May 2016, 02:01 AM.

Comment

Nice to find out Hodors backstory finally!

Comment

We start off with Sansa & Little Finger, & she makes it clear she does not believe or trust him, so why Tell Jon what little Finger told her as being true? I wonder how it will affect the story down the track? And will Tormund & Brianne end up an item?

Arya does not seem like her heart is in her work of killing, I wonder where this is going.

If the Children created the White Walkers why would the White Walkers want to kill them. Plus my theory of Bran somehow leading the White Walkers & strengthening Jon/Sansa'a army is not going to work I don't think.
          I know Bran is an accomplished warg now, but how will he physically get around without Hodor, maybe he will have to find somewhere safe, close-by, to make his base. I can not see the girl getting too far dragging him around.

(Booklover, Arya's wolf, Nymeria was turned loose & sent away by Arya after it attacked Joffrey. I presune it is still wandering around Westeros, & yes it & Ghost should be the last 2 left)

Going to take the Ironborn a bit of time to play any useful part in the scheme of things after Theon & his sister took the boats/ships, but where is Theon going now?
          Daenerys has got her army, but she too needs ships to get to Kings Landing after the Harpy burned all hers, & where are her dragons.

All will be revealed next week no doubt, or most of it, or some anyway.
          http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Nymeria hasn't been seen since what? Book one?

If Rickon can show back up, who knows maybe the wolf can too.

I'm glad Sansa told Littlefinger to bugger off, but yeah, can't trust him any further than you can throw him. She does need to learn patience tho. She gets impatient and she can push Jon to make mistakes.

I'm not sure of Arya's heart isn't in killing (although I do think she's not nearly as vicious as the girl that trains her), but I think she was also in shock learning all that happened since she left Westeros. That assignment was no accident, it was a definite test.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
              We start off with Sansa & Little Finger, & she makes it clear she does not believe or trust him, so why Tell Jon what little Finger told her as being true? I wonder how it will affect the story down the track? And will Tormund & Brianne end up an item?

Arya does not seem like her heart is in her work of killing, I wonder where this is going.

If the Children created the White Walkers why would the White Walkers want to kill them. Plus my theory of Bran somehow leading the White Walkers & strengthening Jon/Sansa'a army is not going to work I don't think.
              I know Bran is an accomplished warg now, but how will he physically get around without Hodor, maybe he will have to find somewhere safe, close-by, to make his base. I can not see the girl getting too far dragging him around.

(Booklover, Arya's wolf, Nymeria was turned loose & sent away by Arya after it attacked Joffrey. I presune it is still wandering around Westeros, & yes it & Ghost should be the last 2 left)

Going to take the Ironborn a bit of time to play any useful part in the scheme of things after Theon & his sister took the boats/ships, but where is Theon going now?
              Daenerys has got her army, but she too needs ships to get to Kings Landing after the Harpy burned all hers, & where are her dragons.

All will be revealed next week no doubt, or most of it, or some anyway.
              it seems like they must have lost control of the white walkers at some point, anytime anyone in sci fi and fantasy creates any sort of slave army it happens, the cylons, the geth etc

as for danys ships, was it the sons of the harpy, uncle euron has clearly been to slavers bay recently, and if his plan was to seduce her with his fleet, destroying her existing fleet would make her desperate

so for most of his life hodor knew exactly how his death was going to play out, can see why he was traumatised. thats a pretty crazy power bran has then the power to change the past possibly

Comment

AMAZING episode 10/10

amazing episode, loved everything about it, from *reenactment* to the ending all of it, just amazing well done
                Last Movie Watched
                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by Booklover View Post
                  And do they really have to kill off the wolves?
                  My thoughts exactly. I actually kinda shouted at the screen as I was watching (don't we all do that) and said, "Why are they killing off all the wolves?"
                  sigpic

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."
                  ~ Supreme Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious

Comment

The wolves are basically the protectors of the Stark children. Of course they are going to die.

I don't think Shaggydog is dead though because that head was too small for him unless the prop department made a major mistake.

Nymeria will probably be the last to die.
                    Last edited by Gen. Chris; 24 May 2016, 12:49 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Cutting down on CGI costs for the rest of the season? I mean we've only seen the dragons in one episode so far too...

Comment

I have this vision of the last scene of the last episode
                        Spoiler:
                        whomever will be crowned king/queen and 'win' and the camera will pull back to two people, standing over that spiny thing from the open and a game board.
                        they'll exchange comments about who won, etc, then 'do you want to play again?' As they make the thingie spin, it's their equivalent of a spinner and we see that the last few years have been us watching basically a live action dungeons and dragons type game

sigpic

Comment

That would lead to riots, Skydiver.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X