• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Book of the Stranger (604)

Visit the Episode GuideGAME OF THRONES - SEASON SIX
    BOOK OF THE STRANGER
    EPISODE NUMBER - 604
    With Daenerys's fate in the hands of the assembly of khals, Jorah and Daario attempt to infiltrate the city of Vaes Dothrak -- while back in Mereen Tyrion sues for peace with the Old Masters. John and Sansa are reunited, and in King's Landing Cersei and Jaime attempt to rally the Tyrells against the High Sparrow. Elsewhere, Theon returns home to the Iron Islands.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 19 May 2016, 03:57 PM.

The Starks are on the rise... Sansa totally reminded me of Catlyn too. Meanwhile the scenes where Jaime and Cersei were making their plan with their Uncle and old lady Tyrell really reminded me of Tywin too.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I thought last episode, when Jon handed over his cloak he walked out the gate to head south, so I am glad he stayed & he & Sansa got together. Whether they will get Arya & Bran back, & save Rickon will be interesting to see.
      Last time Daenerys walked through flames was the end of season 1, so to have her do it in the middle of a season was unexpected, & her hair still does not get burnt off. (Strange that) But it would appear she has her army & can finally get to the Iron Throne, but this happened when she married Karl Drogo, & it didn't work out as expected.
      The High Sparrow is just a poor misunderstood man who is trying to do his best for the poor, or so he believes. But if everybody knows everything about everybody, why does he not know of Margaery & her good work for the poor?
      I liked Osha, & was sad to see her killed, also confirmation it was Shaggy Dog's head. How many Direwolves do we have left, & where are they? We know Jon still has Ghost, Bran's should still be around, & Arya's too.
      http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Just an addendum. The title of the episode "Book of the Stranger" has me beat.
        All the past title throughout the past episodes for all the seasons I have understood, but this one....
        I did not see a book (apart from the ones the High Sparrow & the Septa used) & I did not see any stranger carrying a book around, so anybody have any theories or answers?

​ ​

Comment

Ruthless Ramsay, the guy you love to hate but leaves you wondering what will his despicable mind think of next. I knew Osha's fate as soon as she walked in the door as he was peeling the apple.
          Daenerys firing up that place like a incinerator was pretty epic!!
          Sansa...Jon....time to take back the North!
          sigpic

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."
          ~ Supreme Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious

Comment

The Book of the Stranger is what Margaery cited to the High Sparrow when he started telling her his story (the Stranger being one of the Seven gods). Thematically it seems to have something to do with casting aside one's old life and becoming a stranger to one's self -- i.e. rebirth, as experienced in various ways by the High Sparrow (as a younger man), Margaery (now willing to make atonement?), Loras (who is broken and a shell of his former self), John (walking away from the Night's Watch), Sansa (stepping up and taking charge), and especially Daenerys.

Comment

The Book of the Stranger is what Margaery cited to the High Sparrow when he started telling her his story (the Stranger being one of the Seven gods).
              Well, this is a possibility, but it was such a minor thing in the scheme of things (IMHO) that I would not have thought it merited being a title. Also, I sort of thought that such a Book would have had a title "Faith of the Seven" or "The Seven Gods", with 'The Stranger' warranting a chapter, not a whole book.

Thematically it seems to have something to do with casting aside one's old life and becoming a stranger to one's self -- i.e. rebirth, Margaery (now willing to make atonement?)
              I do not think Margaery feels she needs to atone, she told Loras the High Sparrow is trying to break them & they must remain strong.

Loras is weak, afraid & prepared to say or do anything to make it stop, make it go away, I do not think he has any thoughts of 'rebirth' or changing his ways.

John has lost faith in himself because he knows the Wildlings are not the enemy, they are only after self-preservation (Get somewhere safe away from the White Walkers, and get food). But the Night Watch did not see it that way, they tried to murder him. He thought they were his friends, his companions, so he is disillusioned and wants to get away from it all.

Sansa has been through the 'school of hard knocks' & this has changed her to the point she wants what is hers & her family's (And she looks on Jon as a Stark) Jon's attitude has forced her to step up and take charge.

Daenerys is still the same as she has been all along since the death of Karl Drogo. After she was captured she was still 'unbowed, unbent and unbroken' standing up for herself to all the Dothraki, she was just bidding her time till she could plan her escape & the arrival of Jorah & Darrio gave her the support that would help her find her way back.

This is just my thoughts on your answer, and it could be you have the correct answer, so I do thank you for your reply.

​ ​

Comment

Working...
              X