• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Race of His Life (223)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE FLASH - SEASON TWO
    THE RACE OF HIS LIFE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 223
    Zoom challenges the Flash to a race, revealing his plan to destroy the multiverse. But when an emotional Barry threatens to put everyone at risk, his friends take drastic measures to try and stop the evil speedster on their own.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 26 May 2016, 05:57 PM.

Good finally. Gonna be interesting next season. How could Barry do that I understand he's broken but I wonder how different things will be next season. Also do you think that it was Barry's plan all along to use the copy of himself? Having the time wraiths take Zoom was a good ending Barry didn't have to kill him. Having the actual Jay Gerrick be from Earth 3 was a good idea I wonder if he'll show up on super girl.
    Last edited by Jeffer; 25 May 2016, 06:31 AM.
    Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffer View Post
      Good finally. Gonna be interesting next season. How could Barry do that I understand he's broken but I wonder how different things will be next season. Also do you think that it was Barry's plan all along to use the copy of himself? Having the time wraiths take Zoom was a good ending Barry didn't have to kill him. Having the actual Jay Gerrick be from Earth 3 was a good idea I wonder if he'll show up on super girl.
      As far as I know Supergirl is not from the same Earth as Garrick. She would have heard of "a" Flash before if she had.

This was a great finale. And a lot of hints of what is to come.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
        As far as I know Supergirl is not from the same Earth as Garrick. She would have heard of "a" Flash before if she had.

This was a great finale. And a lot of hints of what is to come.
        Was she not from Earth 3? Maybe Hunter took him before she was around or maybe she's from a different city than he is. After all Barry has never heard of Batman or Superman. But I was mainly going off of I thought she was from Earth 3.
        Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
        sigpic

Comment

Was she not from Earth 3? Maybe Hunter took him before she was around or maybe she's from a different city than he is. After all Barry has never heard of Batman or Superman. But I was mainly going off of I thought she was from Earth 3.
          We don't have a number for her Earth. I think people were just calling it Earth 3 because it was the third one Barry went to. Of course, depending on timing, that might not have been known at the time this episode was scripted.

Comment

I agree. It was fun seeing him use the time wraith's to take care of zoom.
            BUT i wonder. Did his going back in time to save mom, erase HIM from being the flash?? Since his 'other' that was there did fade from view like it was being erased (similar to Back to the future)..??

Comment

They've obviously completely given up on establishing consistency regarding how the rules of the Speedforce work. Before whenever Barry traveled back in time his time remnant automatically disappeared. Hell they even did that again in this episode.

They also didn't even really establish the Time Wraiths were even related to the Speedforce before now, so that felt like it came completely out of nowhere. Especially since they made no attempt to come after Zoom before.

Although I guess this episode does explain why they designed his costume so similar to the Black Flash.

Between this and all the other related shows lately, I guess this episode is trying to tell me to just go into any one of these CW DC shows expecting that logic is a complete no factor in everything. For example, Barry's desire to race Zoom is not really explained properly.
              "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

The animation movie of flash made a trip back to save he's mother and when he returned to future he was ordinary guy without powers.
                So it will be interesting to see what will happen in the future then.
                sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

Comment

Could this reset be something to do with Supergirl coming to the CW? i.e. when Barry returns she has arrived on Earth 1 and not Earth ?

Oh this is brain melting, because it screws up the stories in all the shows if he deleted his older self, he wasn't there to deal with Vandal Savage, Oliver Queen would only know him as as a CSI and would likely have been killed by Damien Dahrk in that botched warehouse raid (when Barry swept in to save him), Canary Knight not be dead...

Urgh I hope they've thought this one through....
                  Last edited by Ian-S; 25 May 2016, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Great finale

Cya guys im gonna run 5 months into the future so i can start watching season 3
                    Last Movie Watched
                    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                    Life is Strange

Comment

One of the criticzims i see elsewhere on this ep, is their plan of kicking Zoom back to earth 2 and nothing else.. Being they already know E2 is populated with good folk just scared of zoom, many seem to feel that was very un hero like, cause they are effectively condemning those people.
                      Additionally since we have seen zoom open his own portals up, how is kicking him home doing anything to defeat him?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        One of the criticzims i see elsewhere on this ep, is their plan of kicking Zoom back to earth 2 and nothing else.. Being they already know E2 is populated with good folk just scared of zoom, many seem to feel that was very un hero like, cause they are effectively condemning those people.
                        Additionally since we have seen zoom open his own portals up, how is kicking him home doing anything to defeat him?
                        I think because it didn't have the input of Barry it didnt need to be a hero's plan. Also the plan was more so to prevent zoom from using the device. Condem 1 world while saving literally countless others.

Completely agree they did a terrible job explaining how Zoom opened his own portal and why he couldn't just do it again. The only thing I can think of is when Cisco opened the portal in the hospital he accidentally opened more than that 1 (not totally inconvenienceable given it was his first time doing it). When Barry got his powers back he went around and closed all the ones that got opened accidentally thus when Zoom got pushed back he was stuck again. This is obviously just my idea it would have been nice if they explained it
                        sigpic

Comment

Given what they did, they're going to have to dedicate a whole episode to explaining it all next season, or just ignore it completely.

Comment

Knowing them, it will more than likely be the latter.

Comment

Since Jay Garrick is the same actor from the 90s Flash series.. Does that mean Earth 3 is 90s Flash's world?

It would explain Mark Hamill's character appearing in both series..

Comment

Working...
                              X