Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need a race...

Hi.

Maybe one of you clever people can help me.

For a game I once had a setting in mind, where an expedition of humans would land on a planet that is in matters of organisms highly volatile. Like, things can mutate at whim. The scientists explore, and sometimes replicate traits of organisms they meet. Like, if they'd meet something like a beholder, they could grow an eye-stalk. They'd have somewhat control over that, in so far as they can attempt to prevent that or force it, but if they try neither it happens at random.

Now, the problem with that was, that it was restricted to a single setting, and I wasn't sure if that was fun enough. If I'd not have the environment as a cause for that, but the explorers themselves, that would allow more settings.

But why would humans copy randomly other organisms? So it can't be humans. But what then? What race of beings could exist, that for some reasn copy traits of other organisms while having limited control over that skill?

Maybe shapechangers? But they should have control over that. So dormant shapechangers? Young shapechangers? People who had recently turned into shapechangers? It shouldn't be too complicated.

Maybe something like the borg: cyborgs that can replicate stuff. But then again: why shouldn't they entirely control it?

Then maybe humans who have been afflicted with something? Maybe after some sort of catastrophe spreading a virus that gives people that ability (sounds a bit very cliché though).

Anyone got any better ideas?

Thanks.

what you are describing sounds like the mutator from displaced paranormals 7

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/mutator/4005-29295/

Comment

Working...
    X