Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    I like that. I can agree with that.

I think I'll not dismiss my theory.... The bugs did it.
    why not! Sounds good to me.
    Originally posted by jelgate
    This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
      why not! Sounds good to me.

Thank you.
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

If the Eidelons kidnapped humans from Earth and created the Sebaceans that later became the Peacekeepers, what about other worlds? I'm wondering if the people in the episode I ET are related to humans as well?

Odd that they seem very earthlike in their development and yet I'm not sure if that was ever addressed later on ever in the show.

Comment

This is a review thread. We haven't done PKW yet
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

If the Eidelons kidnapped humans from Earth and created the Sebaceans that later became the Peacekeepers, what about other worlds? I'm wondering if the people in the episode I ET are related to humans as well?

Odd that they seem very earthlike in their development and yet I'm not sure if that was ever addressed later on ever in the show.
            I think in s4ep2&3 "What Was Lost - Parts I & II" You have them touching on the possible link between Peacekeepers (Sebaceans) and Earthlings...but it was never mentioned again...not really. I have a feeling this was a story strand that maybe they wanted to further develop but was dropped because the show was cancelled and they had to just move to sum up the main story lines. I think you can make alot of theories about how and why the Sebaceans and Earthlings were related, because to me it's just too coincidental that they are so similar physiologically, so there has to be some connection IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              This is a review thread. We haven't done PKW yet

OK...... Is speculation allowed?

Comment

I think in s4ep2&3 "What Was Lost - Parts I & II" You have them touching on the possible link between Peacekeepers (Sebaceans) and Earthlings...but it was never mentioned again...not really. I have a feeling this was a story strand that maybe they wanted to further develop but was dropped because the show was cancelled and they had to just move to sum up the main story lines. I think you can make alot of theories about how and why the Sebaceans and Earthlings were related, because to me it's just too coincidental that they are so similar physiologically, so there has to be some connection IMO.

Yeah I vaguely remember season 4 so I'll eventually get to that in my rewatch. Just watching I ET I got the impression those people could also be some kind of offshoot or link to Earthlings, even their technology is very close to present Day Earth where John left. I mean the clothing, the guns, well kind of, definitely the vehicles and stuff like the radio antennas and fixings. Very earthlike.

Comment

Yeah I vaguely remember season 4 so I'll eventually get to that in my rewatch. Just watching I ET I got the impression those people could also be some kind of offshoot or link to Earthlings, even their technology is very close to present Day Earth where John left. I mean the clothing, the guns, well kind of, definitely the vehicles and stuff like the radio antennas and fixings. Very earthlike.
                  well join us! LOL at this rate you may actually catch up before we finish our rewatch. *snort* we sort of fell off the rewatch bandwagon... I will finish my reviews of s4 then PKW's shortly....I had something come up at work and so it got me off schedule. Not sure what happened to everyone else.

Comment

I'm working 7 days a week lately
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      I'm working 7 days a week lately
                      oh .....in that case jelgate is buying us all a round since he's obviously rolling in dough!

Comment

well join us! LOL at this rate you may actually catch up before we finish our rewatch. *snort* we sort of fell off the rewatch bandwagon... I will finish my reviews of s4 then PKW's shortly....I had something come up at work and so it got me off schedule. Not sure what happened to everyone else.

OMG the Eidelons face opening... That freaked me out a bit the very first time. It looked like a little pee pee inside his head.

Comment

OMG the Eidelons face opening... That freaked me out a bit the very first time. It looked like a little pee pee inside his head.
                          alot of the creatures of Farscape freak me out

Comment

Wow ok it's been a while. And even if I'm talking to myself here... I still wanted to finish this re-watch. Because I hate when things go unfinished....and actually it was quite ironic listening to the Bonus Features there was the Hard Wrap speech by David Kemper to the cast after they finished shooting. They had just got the word that Farscape would not be renewed for a 5th season and it motivated me even more to carry the torch on to completion. At this point as David Kemper said in his speech ... they did nothing wrong....they put on a great show, but for whatever reason it was canceled and the house was 80% painted and the story wasn't finished. It was only the outcry of the fans through Save Farscape that actually got the show properly finished with the mini series at the end and I'm so grateful for it. So when I finish the series, I do plan on watching the Mini Series (ending) again so if anyone is reading this can and wants to jump on the band wagon, PLEASE DO! I would be open to a watch schedule if you want to send me a message. Ok so on with the review.....

Prayer

First off what struck me initially is even though it's been awhile, I felt drawn right back into the story and these characters like I never put it on ice. That speaks to just how attached you can get to them, or at least I did!

So now with Prayer...we have the "love story" sort of shifting to Scorpy and John. LOL I mean their scenes were quite intimate, from that blood brother pact to the close quarters ride in John's module...sort of like their first date all over again. I did have some science issues with how easily they seemed to tolerate the spinning around of the module. It was obvious it was merely the camera spinning as there were no physical effects to their bodies. I mean I actually rode in a Flight Simulator with my son at the Smithsonian Space Museum this summer, and there were pictures of us and I'll say that you can definitely see a distortion in your face and neck and strain on your body as you are pulling those G forces. Simulated, but still it was no stroll in the park. But I digress.

The episode was very dark....actually I will post the companion book comments in a moment and I have not read them yet, but I sort of remember them getting flack for the "abortion" scene in this ep. Even though it sort of turns out to be a fake or staged event in order to try to force Aeryn into talking that was really hard to watch and I'm sure the network may have gotten some feedback on it. But that is why I love Farscape so much. They were not afraid to push the envelope and do the unthinkable things. I mean to me that is what makes it real and relate-able.

So we have Aeryn in shackles being tortured. Sort of like the mirror of when John was in the Aurora chair. It's interesting to note here that Strong Aeryn, the character that we have known as the cold soldier who can usually get her way out of any situation seems quite vulnerable here. So much so that she is praying....to her ?god? Not sure who/what she was praying to, but just when it seems that she has all but given up on trying to get herself out of this situation and you have resigned yourself to the fact that she has to pray and hope for rescue, she actually does have a plan in the end. It was nice that while they did show that she was very vulnerable in this state and in need of rescue (which is quite rare for Aeryn) she came off in the end with one last punch. I loved the question..."Did you ever have any children" ....."No" ....*SNAP* "Good! Then I orphan no one". Nice!!

OK so then cut back to John and Scorpy. They have their great scene too. They both find their way back to the whacked in time Moya to where they are having to kill people to get the twisted "Stark" to give them the Katrotski location and well we have that poignant scene where John has to try to kill the Aeryn/Chi version and tears well up and as he is pointing the gun at her staring down the sights...his face turns even more remorseful at the pleading Aeryn/Chi when he finally backs down and says... "I can't!" and immediately Scorpy grabs the gun and shoots while saying...."I CAN!" .....I think I giggle cried in that scene it was heartbreaking but funny all at the same time!

All in all I thought this episode was great, it gave some good screen time to our villain turned tour guide and we could have some fun watching the boys interact. It was very light with D'Argo and some of the other main characters so that was a bummer. It also was hard to watch the Aeryn torture scenes, but I thought Claudia did a fantastic job with those.

Comment

For the record, due to personal stuff happening we stopped watching but we are planning to continue so I will be back with reviews.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

YAY! Welcome back!

Comment

Working...
                                X