Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spoiler alert? Telford / Young - who is in charge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler alert? Telford / Young - who is in charge?

Hi my name is Jim and I just joined thank you. BTW I'm a moderator of a large boating site.

Not sure if SG-U is new or old so no idea if this is a spoiler alert ... guessing not.

I don't watch much TV but watched a little of SG where they were in the ship under water and they were always fighting the (w)rath.

Then last w/e I stumbled on SG-U on Comet TV. Saw last w/e they were on a planet being attacked and they left on Destiny and the planet blew up most likely destroying the invaders. Then they made it to another planet and got lime to purify the air. Then last night they finally lost most of their power and went by the giant gas planet. From a military stand point who is more in charge Telford or Way? I've done a little research and I think they are both Lt Colonels. At one point wondered if they were one in the same person. Both are injured and using a cane. Then in last night episode Way went back to visit his wife and while Way was looking at the glass on the SUV he saw the reflection of Telford. Then it got a little weird when Telford was talking to the folks on the shuttle. Then Way is back on the ship talking to the folks sitting in the shuttle and Telford is gone. My best guess is they are 2 different people. But is either one of them in charge? Maybe Telford? Thanks!!

Ugh, I meant Young vs Telford. Moderators can you change my title? Thanks!!

Comment

Telford or Young in charge? That would be Colonel Young.

Telford is the Marine Colonel who was originally supposed to command the mission to Destiny, Colonel Young was in command of the Icarus base.

Telford was left behind as he commanded the F302 squadron in defence of the Icarus base. He could no longer be considered the commander of the Destiny mission, even though he felt it was still his command. He tried to re-assert that when using the communication stones and permanently take over Colonel Young's body.

Telford would have been in charge had he made it to Destiny.

I too found it all a bit confusing when I first watched SGU. I found it made more sense when I got the series on DVD and could watch it at my own pace instead of waiting for it to air and having the gaps.

Comment

Thanks Krisz.

Yes I'm a bit confused ... so you're saying he really isn't on Destiny? To me it seems like he is at times and but then at times I've been wondering if it is an illusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxerdog View Post
          Thanks Krisz.

Yes I'm a bit confused ... so you're saying he really isn't on Destiny? To me it seems like he is at times and but then at times I've been wondering if it is an illusion.
          In the episodes you have been watching, Young is leading the expedition and is onboard Destiny. Telford is on Earth. They use communication stones which essentially puts you in the other persons body. So if either Telford or Young are seen on Destiny, they are likely in Youngs body, and vice-versa on Earth.

Comment

The stargate series spans 1 Movie, 3 Shows, 2 Made to dvd movies And a Cult following.

You have Stargate SG-1 Seasons 1-10
            Stargate Atlantis Seasons 1-5
            Stargate Universe Seasons 1-2

Movies
            Stargate Continuum
            Stargate The Ark of truth

I would recommend you start at the beginning you can find the order in which it would make sense to you http://www.gateworld.net/news/2009/0...-viewing-order

Comment

Working...
            X