Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could the show survive without Rick?

G'day,

I watched a youtube video the other day suggesting that The Walking Dead was now on a very limited time span, because of the rate of decay of a human body... basically - we've seen that the Walkers are decaying, and as such eventually their brains should just be a puddle, and they should thus cease to function.

Well, all that got me thinking... What if Andrew Lincoln was made an offer too good to refuse... or simply tired of the role... Could the show go on without him?

I think the universe of the Walking Dead is certainly large enough to find new and exciting plotlines, even if the Walker population suddenly drastically drops off as the "original" Walkers all die off... But could it survive a loss of the main character?

Cheers

cosmic
    back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
    and lots more!

I think if they build up another character the way they built up Rick and slowly started to phase out Rick's importance to the group it could work.
    sigpic

Comment

While im not always a fan of Rick Grimes, i think he is central to the story as a pov character, and i do love Andrew Lincoln's portrayal of Rick its like he was meant to play Rick, however in saying that if Andrew Lincoln wanted out and or they wanted to shake things up within the TV show universe of the walking dead if they got a really good actor to replace him im sure they could easily just create a new character like they did for Norman Reedus

Just make the new character as strong as Rick so he can be the POV character, don't make him like Tara (who also isnt in the comics) where she could just end up walker food at any given time lol
      Last Movie Watched
      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
      Life is Strange

Comment

Unless they stop with the episodes where a character feels sorry for themselves and does something stupid, they probably won't get much further.

Comment

I think it could survive without Rick but maybe not for long. Rick may have lost some of his marbles along the way but he is still the bond that is keeping the group together. Now, can it survive without Daryl? The general consensus is that folks will go ballistic if the show killed him off. If I had to chose I'd rather see Daryl go.
          sigpic

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."
          ~ Supreme Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious

Comment

Daryl is a great character, but by this point, I'd have no issues with him being killed off. He's had a pretty good run, he's done a lot of things, but really I haven't felt like he's "done much" since his drinking session with Beth... (character wise)

Certainly, if the showrunner/s had to choose between Daryl or Rick - it's Rick all the way.
            back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
            "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
            "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
            and lots more!

Comment

Rick and Carl are the core POV characters of both the comic and the show--the face of the old world adjusting to the new, and the POV of Carl growing up in a world very different form his father's. I would be very, very surprised if the show tried to go on without either of them.

Fear the Walking Dead, on the other hand. I can honestly I say I would not care even the slightest if every single one of the idiots on that show were killed off. It might even improve things.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                Fear the Walking Dead, on the other hand. I can honestly I say I would not care even the slightest if every single one of the idiots on that show were killed off. It might even improve things.
                That bad huh? I had no interest in it as TWD is enough for me as far as zombies go. Z Nation is another one that didn't interest me either.
                sigpic

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."
                ~ Supreme Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious

Comment

Working...
                X