What do you think of it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you think of it?

I recently discovered on (IMDB) that they plan to a Flash movie with Ezra Miller playing Barry Allen in 2018.
    It hasn't been updated since 6 October 2015, so I don't know any other news.
    IMDB has posted some movies that got cancelled later, but given the popularity of the Flash series it isn't completely unimaginable that this film might just happen.

Anyway. I have mixed feelings about it. I want a Flash movie, I am just not sure that Ezra Miller should/could do it. Plus as usually it likely won't tie in with the TV series, which in the case of the Batman and Superman movies was OK, but not in the case of the flash.
    Grant gustin is just such a loveable dummy. I say this as a totally heterosexual guy, which makes it quite a statement in my case.
    I totally could see him on the big screen despite him not being as famous as that Ezra guy. That film, Perks of being a wallflower wouldn't even got that much attention if it wasn't for the Watson girl. Emma pulled half of the film and Miller only got attention because he was playing a gay character. That's not fame. That's just attention grab. They know the pop culture will eat it up due to the popularity of famous actors 'coming out' novadays.

OK, enough Miller bashing.

I want to hear some opinions!
    sigpicHallowed are the Ori.

Personally i hate that they are doing this. Much like how the new SG films will ignore canon established by all the tv shows, this is going to imo slap in the face of all us flash fans..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      Personally i hate that they are doing this. Much like how the new SG films will ignore canon established by all the tv shows, this is going to imo slap in the face of all us flash fans..
      The up side is that the TV shows won't be tied down to the plots of the movies. Of course, that SHOULD mean that there can be versions of the same characters in the shows and movies, but we saw how that worked out with Deadshot and Waller

Comment

Well either of those versions is better than what Marvel is doing with their "main show" Agents of S.H.I.EL.D. I honestly can say that I only keep watching it because I want to find out what kind of horrific mess of a "story" they will concoct next time.
        That show is basicly a filler between the major Marvel AAA titles. I just wonder how the writers are unable to see that there is no AAA title that could possibly clean up the mess that the show did or pull it out of the deep hole it fell into.

I hope that if they go ahead and make the movie they at least put it into a different universe. And also make it clear that universe is not accessable for TV Flash and whatever happens in it won't affect any other parallel universes or have maybe only a limited effect.

I also wonder if they plan to do the Flashpoint story arc in the film or they leave it to the TV show.
        sigpicHallowed are the Ori.

Comment

Working...
        X