• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last Day on Earth (616)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE WALKING DEAD - SEASON SIX
    LAST DAY ON EARTH
    EPISODE NUMBER - 616
    Desperate to get Maggie medical help at Hilltop, Rick ventures out with a group in the RV only to find themselves blocked by the Saviors at every turn -- drawing them into a face-to-face confrontation with Negan himself. Elsewhere, Morgan tries to convince Carol to return to her friends in Alexandria.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 05 April 2016, 05:56 PM.

Well, well, I guess we should have known they'd leave it like that (think I predicted it a while ago somewhere).

This is what I posted on another forum about the ending, so sorry for spoiler tags...

About the episode itself:
    Spoiler:
    There were some clues as to who's identity it was, they said so in the Talking Dead so it's legit, right? LOL

1) Well, when Negan says to cut the kids (Carl's) other eye out and feed it to his dad if anybody moves, he uses his right hand to point, as if Carl and Rick are sat on Negan's right hand side, also at about the same time he turns to the right, something you probably wouldn't do if stood on the left side of the group (Negan's right) as you'd be talking to the trees, not the group.

2) When Abraham sits upright, Negan laughs, as if to say 'respect', then after the first hit, Negan says something like 'yeah, taking it like a man', this could mean two things, Abraham indicated he was prepared for a beating (by sitting up) then when it actually happens, whoever it was sits up again, like he did, but this could also just as easily apply to a woman.

So who was on the left side of the group as Negan looked at them?, iirc it went Glenn, Rosetta (or was it the other one?), , Michone, Daryll, Abraham, Maggie, Rick etc.

Yup, I think it was Abraham, he was spared the arrow a few episodes ago while out looking for the bullet factory like what happened in the comics, so to avoid a Darryl type scenario with a recurring character, and to avoid the potential backlash from the fans (something they seem to care about), it seems easier to kill off Abraham at this point, and spare Glenn, both Glenn and Maggie can still run the Hilltop like she does in the comics, and it saves a lot of potential grief of having to write for yet another character already killed off in the comics, as opposed to completely alienating the most vocal of your fanbase.

However, the producers have also said that Andrea's storyline from the comics will be split across several characters, not just one, so who knows, could it be Michone? Whoever it is, even the cast don't know at this point....

One thing that made me laugh in Talking Dead was
    Spoiler:
    this viewer asked about who everybody though Judith would grow up to be like, the guests all answered then Kirkman just kind of casually dropped 'what makes you think she'll get to grow up?' haha, I know he's the worlds best troll, but it made me laugh...

Comment

Well, that was a "tune in next season to find out who..." moment lol.

Pretty tense last 15 minutes though, Negan is definately what he we was hypd up to be... (non comic reader)

Comment

I thought they did a good job of ramping up the tension as they were getting blocked at every turn. Very reminiscent of Terminus when they were getting herded towards the train cars. Even though I had read a spoiler about the ending, I still got so nervous watching I had to leave the room. I still think it's going to end up being Glenn that got the bat. It was so painful to watch Rick as he realized how screwed they are, great acting. I've been reading some pretty bad opinions about the cliff hanger, but I have no problem with it. I'm not sure if my heart could of taken it anyway!

Comment

I really liked the majority of the episode, but I really disliked the cliffhanger ending. I found it (the cliffhanger) pretty disappointing and cheap after all the build-up. This has probably been my least favorite season of the show.

I hope it's a major death and that we don't have to wait until Oct just to find out that Aaron was the one killed (I think that's the Alexandrian guy's name lol). I hope it's Glenn, I think that death would have a lot of impact, since he's been a major character for so long and he's expecting a baby (and I've wanted him to die ever since his fake death/implausible survival without so much as a bite even though parts of his body, like his head, were fully exposed to a horde of Walkers earlier in the season). I wouldn't really care if it was Abraham, Eugene, or Rosita (though, part of me hope's it's Abraham, since I find the character annoying). I just really hope it's not Aaron.
          sigpic

Comment

I think Abraham met Lucille, but if there gonna kill a woman off then maybe Sasha or Maggie
            Last edited by mr_kennedy; 04 April 2016, 03:55 PM.
            Last Movie Watched
            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
            Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
              I think Abraham met Lucille, but if there gonna kill a woman off then maybe Sasha or Maggie
              I agree with you, I think it was Abraham too.

Didn't they say on the Talking Dead that there were clues? I thought I heard that somewhere, I just don't remember where. Abraham kneeled up straight and tall and looked at Negan while everyone else was cowering. He's been around long enough to know not to do that as Negan isn't going to want to deal with an Alfpha male that he can't control. Plus at the end, Negan complimented on how well the victim took the first hit, can't remember his exact words. I don't think anyone else could have been that well prepared emotionally. And that scene with him and Eugene saying goodbye was emotional and sad.

I enjoyed how they told the story, even though they drugged it out, they kept the suspense going all along. The only thing I was disappoint in was I felt strongly that fans should have been allowed to see who was killed, instead of letting it go on to Season 7.
              sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Aaron was sitting next to Carl iirc (or very close by) so it won't be him. I think it's Abraham or Michone for the reasons I posted above (obviously that's if it's not Glenn). They said they deliberately switched around the enie meanie minie part (presumable the order in which they showed faces compared to the actual order), but they did say there were clues yes, I think the biggest one is the direction Negan walks, looks and waves his hand in just before hitting whoever it is.

It was the first episode my wife ever watched and she asked why was there no theme music on the credits (her in the UK it was silent), I said that there normally was but they usually run it silent when they've killed off a main cast member - is that correct?

I noticed a lot of the anger towards the cliffhanger is from the younger fans, the older ones should be used to it since every series ended like that back in the 80's and 90's.

Comment

I don't think most people were upset that there was a cliffhanger, since at least half the seasons of this show have ended in some sort of cliffhanger, but they were upset about the way this one was done. The whole episode was all build-up with no pay off (IMO). The episode is called Last Day on Earth, that guy kept telling Rick that it would be "the last day on Earth for him or someone he loved", to "take care of the people in the RV since it could be the last day on Earth for one of them". They were herded to the place where they were supposed to be. Negan comes out and lines everyone up, talks for 10 mins about killing one of them, does eeny, meeny, miny, moe and picks someone, then bam...the camera changes pov, and someone gets killed but "haha you'll have to wait til next season to find out who it was" lol.

Personally, I thought that ending was disappointing, anticlimactic, and cheap, and after the whole thing with Glenn earlier in the season, I really don't have much faith that they won't kill the least developed and most disposible character there - Aaron. I'm hoping that they'll kill a character that will have more impact than that though. I like character deaths to have/leave an impact on the other characters and the show, especially if we have to wait for it lol.
                  sigpic

Comment

Yeah - really not thrilled by the cliff hanger!! I don't care who shot JR - I just want to know who Lucille was kissing!

Looks like Morgan and Carol may have just found either a resistance pocket against Negan... or maybe just some of his other "workers" from another camp...?

What the hell is the point of keeping it from us??????? Ok - say it's Glenn... Would his death - or any single character's death - be enough alone to turn a large % of viewers away from returning next season??? No. Will fans be stalking the actors to see who is no longer going to work each day when filming for the next season starts? Possibly... Will we all know who died as soon as they show a trailer for the next season? Probably...

Yes, my vote is Abraham...

I know that the world just came tumbling down around Rick again... But... Last season ending we had Rick smothered in blood, shooting a guy dead in front of a crowd of horrified onlookers - "What?" And now, he's back looking like he's about to see his dead wife again or something...

I think Rick should have been shown much stronger at the beginning of the kneeling scene, but crumbling as it ended (if he had to at all). Negan doesn't want to kill the leader - he wants the group to see the leader as his slave - thus they didn't need to show Rick as weak at that point. (Abraham on the other hand - out of that line up, was simply the strongest male of the group, and thus the most obvious choice to liquidate.)
                    Last edited by cosmichobo; 05 April 2016, 07:21 AM.
                    back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                    and lots more!

Comment

I don't think it will be a woman, women are too useful for OTHER things, that goodbye was touching, and powerful, but I think it is Eugene or Aaron, I am leaning more towards Eugene, because, he was becoming more and more useful to the group and he handed that bullet recipe to rick, so more and more I am thinking, yeah, Eugene.

Comment

Yeah I don't think it will be a woman either. Especially Maggie. To have this new character Neegan come on the show and kill a pregnant Maggie would just be character assassination for that character IMO. I think they are wanting people to sort of be charmed by Neegan by his creepy yet oh so confident demeanor...and killing a woman out of the gate would I think be just too much.
                        If you watched Talking Dead... Kirkman did let it slip that ... I'll spoiler it in case anyone here hasn't seen Talking Dead yet....
                        Spoiler:
                        it was someone who was beloved by all (meaning beloved by all fans) plus Scott Gimple said ....once back the pay off will be worth the wait. In other words I don't think it's gonna be a secondary string player. While I like Eugene and Abraham and Aaron I still sort of consider them more second string players. And I don't think they are beloved by fans as much as some of the others in the line up. Therefore, I think it's going to be either Glenn or Daryl. My money is on Glenn as he was the one to go in the comics and it just makes sense after his scream after Maggie incident and the whole build up this season with his near death and all that. He's on borrowed time IMO. *sniff*
                        Originally posted by jelgate
                        This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

I would still rather see Daryl be killed off then Glenn
                          Last Movie Watched
                          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                          Life is Strange

Comment

I think Glenn has pretty much done what Glenn had to do... And he's had far too many close calls now... I do like the character, but I'd be ok seeing him gone - though from the footage, I don't believe it was him.

Daryl... Abraham may have it over all physically, but Daryl (sans bullet to the shoulder) would be the most dangerous of the group... That said... I don't think it was him either...
                            back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                            "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                            "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                            and lots more!

Comment

then who do you think it is? LOL
                              Originally posted by jelgate
                              This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Working...
                              X