• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Myriad (119)

Visit the Episode GuideSUPERGIRL - SEASON ONE
    MYRIAD
    EPISODE NUMBER - 119
    When Non and Indigo subject the city's entire population to mind control, Supergirl must rely on Cat and Maxwell Lord for help in stopping them from seizing control of the entire planet. J'onn and Alex determine to return to National City to help.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 13 April 2016, 10:49 PM.

Nice episode// Loved how Maxwell seemed to be the savior here.. And initially i thought Ms Grant was immune cause of her being so 'egotistically *****y'.. But it was just those earings Max gave her..

Man i felt bad for Kara seeing 3 of her work mates plung, and only getting to save 2...
    Nice reaction from mommy after seeing Jo'hn..

Comment

You know I often hear stories about how people liked this show more after seeing how dark Batman vs Superman is.

For me it's the exact opposite. The goofy cheesiness made me appreciate an attempt at a serious story like Batman vs Superman much more than I originally did. I mean, please tell me there's more to Kara's plan than "sending a message of hope and love."

I thought it was pretty hilarious how Alex's plan to come help Kara backfired immediately, almost as if it were a stupid idea to begin with.

Also, I think this episode proves that there is no point in making Superman a part of the setting if you have to pretend he doesn't exist all the time. They should have either made him a real character or just made this a universe without him. I know that might feel like it's either breaking tradition or undermining the central heroine, but it's kind of impossible to take seriously at this point.
      Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 18 April 2016, 01:16 AM.
      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Did anyone else have a Grey's Anatomy flashback (of Lexie Grey) when you saw Alex with long blonde hair??

Comment

Originally posted by Cmdr Sean Coll View Post
          Did anyone else have a Grey's Anatomy flashback (of Lexie Grey) when you saw Alex with long blonde hair??
          Yes...so I've been told
          By Nolamom
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cmdr Sean Coll View Post
            Yes that was the first thing that I thought of when I saw her with blonde hair.

Comment

And so it begins... Myriad...

People of National City are turned into drones, into a giant think tank. Actually, in retrospect, that is a pretty fascinating idea to think about. Use every brain available to come up with solutions to every problem in existence. It's a utopia, but fascinating nonetheless. Of course, every person now a drone with no free will is not exactly something to aspire but without that...

Anyhow, Cat Grant and Maxwell Lord are unaffected by Myriad because Max came up with a nifty piece of technology to stop the brain from being taken over. I, too, thought Cat was unaffected because of her charming personality but in the end her brain is no different from any of the other people so it was a long shot at best. However, she is wearing Max's earrings so what is it between those two?

Nan puts Kara to the test, which costs colleague Kelly her life when Supergirl is unable to catch and Jimmy and Winn and Kelly mid-air. Defines the seriousness of the situation and I can understand why Max would choose to bomb the enemy even if Kara is not on board with it, or not entirely on board with it.
              Lord's human losses are in some way comparable to Kara not being able to save all three of the jumpers.

Good thing though that Hank and Alex decided to make a stop at Midvale, even if their plan backfires big time when they return to National City. I loved Mrs. Danvers reaction to J'onn when he changes from the kid into Hank. (Err yeah, him ... that's harder to explain." )

Minor random sidenote: I didn't see Alex in the wideshot when Hank has thrown Indigo in the shed and it goes boom.
              Safety first, no need to have anyone close to an explosion (well done, VFX team) but still, I lost sight of her there and it bugs me.

Anyway, Indigo takes Alex on a trip and Nan turns her into his personal fighting robot. I mean, prop-team, well done on the exo-skeleton but no way that was comfortable to wear. No matter what it was made of and who was wearing it the most. It did look terribly cool though and it would make a really cool costume one day.

Kara forced to fight her sister, and Alex the drone forced to fight Supergirl -- that'll be fascinating.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
              X