• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

East (615)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE WALKING DEAD - SEASON SIX
    EAST
    EPISODE NUMBER - 615
    Glenn, Rosita, and Michonne go in search of Daryl when he leaves the town looking for vengeance. Elsewhere, Rick and Morgan attempt to track a member of the community who has decided to leave for good.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 05 April 2016, 05:53 PM.

Holy crap did they just kill off Daryl?

Comment

"He'll be all right." --> was that Daryl's voice? Tell me it was Daryl who said it!

Just after the gunshot, when the screen went black, someone said, "He'll be all right."

<-- freaking out

Comment

It was Dwight - I think....

I guess this could be their way to give Redus some time off without actually killing off his character, just have him laid up at the Hilltop for a few months recovering off screen (so he can film his new show), that gun was point blank aimed at his head, but perspective is everything and it could instead be pointed at his shoulder.

If they have killed him off then it's a shame, but qudos to them, and to think we haven't even seen Lucile yet....

Comment

Woah, what just happened?

Comment

I was freaked out when the episode ended. A night of sleep bestowed perspective. Here are two reasons for us to anticipate that Daryl is okay.

1) The last line of the episode was, "He'll be all right."

2) The showrunners have a habit of giving special send-offs to main characters who die:

a) an emotionally resonant exploration of the character precedes the death;
            b) or the character attains a triumph soon before the death;
            c) or he suffers a memorably gruesome death;
            d) or some combination of a, b, and c.

Denise wasn't a main character, yet even she was granted the triumph of her first foraging journey, and her first Walker kill, before a surprise arrow through the eye.

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
            that gun was point blank aimed at his head, but perspective is everything and it could instead be pointed at his shoulder.
            Which is where fiction will part ways with actual physics. Suppose it's his shoulder. At point blank, the shoulder is likely damaged beyond hope of full recovery. Permant loss of some function would likely ensue. But TWD isn't real (it isn't, I swear), and Daryl can reasonably hope for full rehabilitation and no infection!
            Last edited by Brother Freyr; 28 March 2016, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Yeah, having watched it again I suspect he shot him in the shoulder.

Considering the way the story went throughout this episode, I have a horrible feeling they may well keep to the comic storyline, I think..

Spoiler:
              Daryl is going to be used as bait to capture Rick and Abraham (who have gone out looking for them, perhaps as a result of Rosita being let go or escaping in the havoc so she can go back to Alexandria and tell them what has happened), all of them will be taken back to Alexandria (perhaps via Negan's compound) where Negan will execute Glenn in front of everybody.

That will play out over the entire 90 minutes and then the credits will roll.

I haven't yet watched Talking Dead, so maybe a clue to Daryl's fate is in there, it was with Glenn earlier in the season (by not being included in the remembrance section).

Edit: Yup Talking Dead virtually guaranteed

Spoiler:
              Daryl isn't dead
              Last edited by Ian-S; 28 March 2016, 03:54 PM.

Comment

If you saw the promo for next week:

Spoiler:
                it looks like Rick, Carl, Eugene, Aaron and Abraham are getting out of the camper and trying to deal with some of the saviors. It also looks like those guys are trying to run and carry someone, Daryl maybe ?? When they show the back of Negan it looks like he is standing on front of the camper. comic
                Spoiler:
                Negan lines a bunch of our guys up and plays eennie - meenie before taking one out with Lucille.

The last time I was this anxious about a season finale was when "claimed" group had Rick, Carl and Michonne.......I had to leave the room and have my husband call me back!!

Comment

Yes I saw the camper in the background.

I've been trying to work out who is laying on the road
                  Spoiler:
                  I thought at first it was Morgan or Daryl, but now I'm not so sure as it seemed too fat in one of the shots, could even be Negan himself

I've seen a photo online that claims to be of Lucille's victim in makeup, and if right it's

Spoiler:
                  Are you sure you want to know?
                  Spoiler:
                  last chance to avoid potentially big spoiler
                  Spoiler:
                  don't blame me....
                  Spoiler:
                  Glenn, head all smashed in like in the comics

I hope it's fake.

Comment

Mouth agape!

Ok, that's not really a sentence.

My mouth was agape as I sat here watching the climax to this episode!

Holy ****!

Yes, that's a much better affirmation.

When we saw Glenn's view of Maggie in the rear-view, slowly getting smaller and smaller, I figured that pretty much signs one of their deaths. I'd rather it be Maggie than Glenn... Besides which, looks like her baby is turning walker inside her or something.

I presume from everyone's discussions, that season 7 will exclusively be dealing with Negan and... Lucille? much like season errr 4? was all about the Gov'nor... I look forward to it. Can feel the suspense already.
                    back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                    and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
                      Mouth agape!

Ok, that's not really a sentence.

My mouth was agape as I sat here watching the climax to this episode!

Holy ****!
                      Now imagine that you believed it was the season finale. That's what happened to me.

Four stages of a misinformed TWD fan:
                      1. Shock. Did they kill Daryl? Must I wait a year to learn the answser?!
                      2. Relief Daryl will survive.
                      3. Disappointment. Damn, that the episode kinda bites as a season-ender.
                      4. Equilibrium. One more episode to go.

Comment

It's unrepeatable what I said, but it went along the lines of what I first post, although it took about 12 seconds longer to say.

Comment

I liked how Rick admitted to Morgan that he was wrong to cast Carol out of the group when she killed a couple of the sick back in s3, because he was wrong she was doing that to protect her group from further infection, it was in vain but it was still a nice try that she was protecting her group because thats what Carol does how she thinks and also why she wants out
                          Last Movie Watched
                          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                          Life is Strange

Comment

I think Carol's characterisation story arc has probably been one of the best of the show. I do think coincidence has been a bit too big at times, but - it is a tv show, so - creative licence n all that.

I loved how she helped the gang escape Terminus... But am not wanting or expecting her to save the day again this time. Nor however do I want her dead...
                            back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                            "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                            "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                            and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
                              I loved how she helped the gang escape Terminus... But am not wanting or expecting her to save the day again this time. Nor however do I want her dead...
                              Maybe she'll save the group -- again -- but die in the process.
                              It would be too much for her to save the day a second time and emerge unscathed.

Comment

Working...
                              X