• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fallen (310)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE 100 - SEASON THREE
    FALLEN
    EPISODE NUMBER - 310
    As Raven fights to be free of Alie's control, Jaha shows the A.I. a new way to sway the people of Arkadia. Monty must flee the city, while elsewhere Ontari makes use of Murphy's counsel as she struggles to gain control of the alliance in the absence of the Fire.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 28 May 2016, 09:34 PM.

Wow.. How the F did Abby join. It was not HER killing raven, and giving in like that, just makes her now complicit. Here is hoping this can get reversed, since it seems like ALL of arcadia has been taken over.

On the Kane/Bellamy/Pike angle, i actually liked how it played out.

And the whole new Heda and Murphy. I didn't see that ending coming... (part of me wants an R rated version as she actually looks rather hot)..

Comment

Abby took the ALIE chip so that she could save Raven. She's a doctor she couldn't stand by and watch Raven die while there was a chance to save her. I think it makes sense for her character to react like that to the situation, even though now she's one of the brainwashed masses and encouraging others to follow ALIE. Loved Raven, I thought Lindsey Morgan (Raven) did a great job in this episode.

Loved Octavia and her scenes with Bellamy. Bellamy deserved to get beat up a bit, I felt bad for him though. I also felt really bad for Octavia, I hope she is able to forgive Bellamy eventually.

Loved Kane, I'm kind of worried about him again, now that he's going to meet with the new Commander.

Loved that Bellamy tricked Pike and turned him over to the Grounders. I wonder what's going to happen next with him. I hope he dies, and doesn't somehow end up causing more trouble.

Ontari seems really unstable, but, at times kind of vulnerable too. I almost felt bad for her when she mentioned being taken away from her parents by the Ice Queen and having to live with her, and that why she deserves to be Commander.

I don't know what to make of that Ontari and Murphy scene. She pretty much coerced him into having sex with her. He at first said no, that he had someone else. And he only submitted after she reminded him that she was a Commander and could have him killed. I know he'd do whatever it takes to survive and she's an attractive woman, but it was a kind of weird uncomfortable scene for me because consent was pretty much forced out of Murphy. He couldn't really say no to her because of who she was and the situation that he was in. I'm really curious to see how all this plays out, and what his feelings are about Ontari.

I pretty much loved this episode and can't wait until the next one.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
        Abby took the ALIE chip so that she could save Raven. She's a doctor she couldn't stand by and watch Raven die while there was a chance to save her. I think it makes sense for her character to react like that to the situation, even though now she's one of the brainwashed masses and encouraging others to follow ALIE. Loved Raven, I thought Lindsey Morgan (Raven) did a great job in this episode.
        But since she had SEEN first hand what 'being part of the "Collective" meant, how would she 'save Raven by joining it? Especially when it seemed Eli was more than willing to let her die to prove a point?

Loved Octavia and her scenes with Bellamy. Bellamy deserved to get beat up a bit, I felt bad for him though. I also felt really bad for Octavia, I hope she is able to forgive Bellamy eventually.
        True, he did deserve all he got, and i was SHOCKED to heck when she said "You are dead to me"..

Loved Kane, I'm kind of worried about him again, now that he's going to meet with the new Commander.
        More and more, Kane is proving HE is the true leader of the sky clan.. Though with all the rest now being 'borgized', i wonder if there is any point in being a leader when there's no one left to lead?!?

Loved that Bellamy tricked Pike and turned him over to the Grounders. I wonder what's going to happen next with him. I hope he dies, and doesn't somehow end up causing more trouble.
        So do i. He deserves to die a horrid death!

Ontari seems really unstable, but, at times kind of vulnerable too. I almost felt bad for her when she mentioned being taken away from her parents by the Ice Queen and having to live with her, and that why she deserves to be Commander.
        Especially since she still looks so young, and seems to be getting manipulated by her "King"..

I don't know what to make of that Ontari and Murphy scene. She pretty much coerced him into having sex with her. He at first said no, that he had someone else. And he only submitted after she reminded him that she was a Commander and could have him killed. I know he'd do whatever it takes to survive and she's an attractive woman, but it was a kind of weird uncomfortable scene for me because consent was pretty much forced out of Murphy. He couldn't really say no to her because of who she was and the situation that he was in. I'm really curious to see how all this plays out, and what his feelings are about Ontari.
        True. Part of me wonders, had it been the reverse (male commander, female 'slave') whether there would be a big uproar about 'RAPE!!!'

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          But since she had SEEN first hand what 'being part of the "Collective" meant, how would she 'save Raven by joining it? Especially when it seemed Eli was more than willing to let her die to prove a point?
          Raven would've bled out and died if she didn't help her by stopping the bleeding, the only way she was allowed to help was if she took the chip.

More and more, Kane is proving HE is the true leader of the sky clan.. Though with all the rest now being 'borgized', i wonder if there is any point in being a leader when there's no one left to lead?!?
          Yeah, but I'm guessing that they'll find a away to help those people.

Especially since she still looks so young, and seems to be getting manipulated by her "King"..
          Roan doesn't seem to be manipulating her to me, he seems to be going along with whatever she says since she's pretending to be the actual Commander and she could order his death. I think his mother may have abused her or treated her harshly though, in order to make her loyal, strong and lethal. For some reason the Ice Queen didn't seem like the loving, motherly type. Who knows though.

True. Part of me wonders, had it been the reverse (male commander, female 'slave') whether there would be a big uproar about 'RAPE!!!'
          Yeah, I think if it Murphy had been female, more people would be calling it rape and I think more people would be making a big deal about it.
          sigpic

Comment

Raven would've bled out and died if she didn't help her by stopping the bleeding, the only way she was allowed to help was if she took the chip.
            Yea, its kind of a catch 22 situation. If she takes it, she is now part of the braindead collective and doesn't care about what she was doing. If she resists, raven dies...

Part of me thinks so but it will drag into S4. Heck that might wind up being the 'big bad' for that entire season. BUT other than setting off a nuke to cause an EMP, i can't see how. Unless it might have something to do with "elli 2.0"..

Roan doesn't seem to be manipulating her to me, he seems to be going along with whatever she says since she's pretending to be the actual Commander and she could order his death. I think his mother may have abused her or treated her harshly though, in order to make her loyal, strong and lethal. For some reason the Ice Queen didn't seem like the loving, motherly type. Who knows though.
            True. He does seem to have ulterior motives.. Though who doesn't seem to have them on this show...

Yeah, I think if it Murphy had been female, more people would be calling it rape and I think more people would be making a big deal about it.
            Just like there was not as much outrage for either of the episodes Brief candle (Forced marriage between Oneill and that gal) or in Hathor (both oneill and daniel effectively raped)..

Comment

I was thinking about the same thing. It sure seemed Murphy was raped they way the new commander pretty much said do this or I kill you
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Yea, its kind of a catch 22 situation. If she takes it, she is now part of the braindead collective and doesn't care about what she was doing. If she resists, raven dies...

Part of me thinks so but it will drag into S4. Heck that might wind up being the 'big bad' for that entire season. BUT other than setting off a nuke to cause an EMP, i can't see how. Unless it might have something to do with "elli 2.0"..
                I can see them dragging the AI/brainwashing thing into season 4, but I think it'll end up mostly resolved. I just don't want there to be a time jump between the seasons like there was at the start of this season, or if there is I hope no important character development during that time, and if something important happened I hope there are flashbacks lol.

True. He does seem to have ulterior motives.. Though who doesn't seem to have them on this show...
                Yeah, everyone seems to have ulterior motives lol. I think that Roan just doesn't like/trust Ontari very much, and with good reason, she doesn't seem like the most stable person (IMO).

Just like there was not as much outrage for either of the episodes Brief candle (Forced marriage between Oneill and that gal) or in Hathor (both oneill and daniel effectively raped)..
                Yeah, O'Neill was drugged by the marriage cake, otherwise I don't think he would have slept with Kynthia (however it's spelled) while on a mission. And Daniel was drugged and forced to be the daddy of Hathor's babies, and all he basically got was an "eww" moment. It wasn't really treated like rape or a traumatizing event.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                I was thinking about the same thing. It sure seemed Murphy was raped they way the new commander pretty much said do this or I kill you
                Yeah, it really looked like rape to me. I wonder if the show will treat it like rape though, or whether they'll have Murphy enjoying himself. I don't mind there being rape in shows, as long as it's treated as rape (and it rarely is for male characters), and if it's not meant to be rape don't write in a scene where someone with no free will is forced to have sex (under the threat of death in this case) in order to be provocative or whatever.
                sigpic

Comment

They gotta move this show to an earlier timeslot. 10 PM is too late for a worknight.

I'm not buying that as "rape". Murphy was almost licking his chops as he moved towards her. Chained or not, the look on his face said he was going to enjoy this.

The AI storyline may very well carry into next year as the dominant arc. The Grounder political structure is getting old, and Pike has apparently come to the end of his reign of terror. With the majority of the Ark survivors under control of the AI, they are probably going to go after the Grounders next, and there is clearly some connection between the chips the Ark residents swallow and the implanted device the Grounder Commanders have implanted? I think that's where they're going next year.

I'm also starting to have a believability issue with the constant wounding and such, with now permanent effects unless the writers want them, as is the case with Raven's leg. For example, when what's her name dug that guy's eyeballs out of his skull, or Raven's body sliced her arm up, or any of the other hundreds of non-fatal but highly invasive wounds people have suffered.
                  The environment they inhabit is filthy, and has to be a pretty good breeding ground for biological organisms. No one seems to suffer from infections and other aftereffects.

Comment

Murphy smirked and made a sarcastic remark about "the things I have to do to survive". He sneers and makes sarcastic remarks all the time, even when he's getting tortured. It didn't really seem like he was into it, especially since he didn't go along with her until she reminded him that she could have him killed and then she tugged him towards her with the chain. Murphy will probably use Ontari's interest in him to his advantage, because he's Murphy and he's a survivor, but it doesn't mean that the way the scene played out wasn't rape, since he was forced into it under the threat of death. If it wasn't meant to be rape they shouldn't have had him chained and threatened with death if he didn't comply.

Overall, I think the characters recover too fast from their injuries . If people are getting their wounds cleaned and are getting medical attenton, like Raven most likely did after she was tortured by the Grounders, they probably wouldn't get an infection. I wish someone would get an infection at some point when they are unable to get medical attention though, and I wish chatacters had scars from their injuries.
                    Last edited by VampyreWraith; 09 April 2016, 12:32 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

I wonder if the show will treat it like rape though, or whether they'll have Murphy enjoying himself. I don't mind there being rape in shows, as long as it's treated as rape (and it rarely is for male characters), and if it's not meant to be rape don't write in a scene where someone with no free will is forced to have sex (under the threat of death in this case) in order to be provocative or whatever.
                      IMO most likely they will play that angle, that 'he wanted it, so as not to touch on the whole rape issue'. Heck in many threads i have seen elsewhere going on about female teachers 'having sex with their underage male students' many posters do seem to be of the mindset of "Good on him!! great job:, though when the shoe's on the other foot (Male teacher female student) they are "Kill the kiddy diddler"!!

Its part of society imo that makes it seem men are not ever victims of rape, or if they are, they discount it...

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                      They gotta move this show to an earlier timeslot. 10 PM is too late for a worknight.

I'm not buying that as "rape". Murphy was almost licking his chops as he moved towards her. Chained or not, the look on his face said he was going to enjoy this.
                      The same sort of thing has happened in reverse, where a powerful male compelled sex from a submissive female, who did seem to 'enjoy it afterwards'. BUT it still was considered rape as the consent was forced/compelled...
                      Just cause it was a guy being forced into it, does not mean it was no less "rape" than had it been a gal in the chains and a male commander..

I'm also starting to have a believability issue with the constant wounding and such, with now permanent effects unless the writers want them, as is the case with Raven's leg. For example, when what's her name dug that guy's eyeballs out of his skull, or Raven's body sliced her arm up, or any of the other hundreds of non-fatal but highly invasive wounds people have suffered.
                      The environment they inhabit is filthy, and has to be a pretty good breeding ground for biological organisms. No one seems to suffer from infections and other aftereffects.
                      I will agree there. They do seem to never suffer from an infection..

Comment

This reminds of the old days of Stargate where a character get injured severely in one episode but is back to normal the next day. I think its one of those suspend your disbelief. The reality is most of these characters would be incapacitated the whole season if we are being realistic with the injuries.
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Murphy smirked and made a sarcastic remark about "the things I have to do to survive". He sneers and makes sarcastic remarks all the time, even when he's getting tortured. It didn't really seem like he was into it, especially since he didn't go along with her until she reminded him that she could have him killed and then she tugged him towards her with the chain.
                          The upcoming activity puts both parties at a very vulnerable position. It might have been her way of saying "If I trust you to do this, you better not betray that trust".

Comment

IMO most likely they will play that angle, that 'he wanted it, so as not to touch on the whole rape issue'. Heck in many threads i have seen elsewhere going on about female teachers 'having sex with their underage male students' many posters do seem to be of the mindset of "Good on him!! great job:, though when the shoe's on the other foot (Male teacher female student) they are "Kill the kiddy diddler"!!

Its part of society imo that makes it seem men are not ever victims of rape, or if they are, they discount it...
                            They probably will, or they'll skip ahead a day or so and ignore the whole situation.

I've seen posts/comments like that. It's the people that say that boys/men can't be raped, especially by an attractive woman that make them (the male victims of rape) feel ashamed or think there is something wrong with them if they don't enjoy sexual encounters that they've been coerced/forced into. They end up being ashamed of admitting that they were raped just because they are a guy.

The upcoming activity puts both parties at a very vulnerable position. It might have been her way of saying "If I trust you to do this, you better not betray that trust".
                            He was chained and there are certain um...positions were she wouldn't be as vulnerable. Besides, if anything happened to her or she cried out for help I think the guards or whoever might kill Murphy first and ask questions later. And Ontari seems like she can take care of herself.
                            Last edited by VampyreWraith; 09 April 2016, 03:08 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              This reminds of the old days of Stargate where a character get injured severely in one episode but is back to normal the next day. I think its one of those suspend your disbelief. The reality is most of these characters would be incapacitated the whole season if we are being realistic with the injuries.
                              And not just a physical injury either. Some of the emotional ones they have suffered on SG1/SGA should have made a basket case out of them for several months..

They probably will, or they'll skip ahead a day or so and ignore the whole situation.

I've seen posts/comments like that. It's the people that say that boys/men can't be raped, especially by an attractive woman that make them (the male victims of rape) feel ashamed or think there is something wrong with them if they don't enjoy sexual encounters that they've been coerced/forced into. They end up being ashamed of admitting that they were raped just because they are a guy.
                              Too true. Even now days, there are still cops who 'wont believe a man/boy was raped or 'spousal abused'..

Comment

Working...
                              X