mixed feelings about this show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mixed feelings about this show

while I find it diverting, they seem to have some difficulty with the science fiction and a few other things.

the head guys call them selves the TIME MASTERS, could that BE a bigger rip off of THE TIME LORDS.

the ship they travel in is supposed to be highly technological, but they seem to be lacking a basic defense, they have a cloaking device, but they don't have any shields, they have energy weapons, but they can't even fix a 12 inch breach in the hull.

the main guy is supposed to be a former time master, but he seems to be lacking the most basic understanding of time travel or how to change time.

all in all I find it light entertainment at best.

The latest episode was the most ridiculous thing I've seen in a long time...since I stopped watching Sleepy Hollow at least. I'm hanging in just to see Jewel Staite in Ep.10. If her appearance is a one-off, I'm done with this show, and I'm leaning that way with Flash and Arrow too.

Comment

It's not very good. I watch it because it's part of the broader Arrow-verse, but it has so many cringe moments. I'm honestly shocked it got renewed for a second season.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I really enjoy it. Yeah it doesn't handle time travel that brilliantly, but no show does. It's not meant to be a serious sci-fi show, it's a comic book show. I find all the characters fun and engaging so it's fine for me.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Some shows or stories manage time travel ok-ish, this is one of the worst.
          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Its at least a decent action show. BUT a good sci-fi show, its not.

Comment

I think it's a fun show. Things may not always make sense, but I find it entertaining and I really like some of the characters and character interactions. Right now, I actually like it a lot more than Arrow.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by epg20 View Post

the head guys call them selves the TIME MASTERS, could that BE a bigger rip off of THE TIME LORDS.
                Contrary to popular belief, Dr. Who does not hold a monopoly on all things related to time travel. Rip Hunter was created as a DC character 4-5 years before Who even existed.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                  Contrary to popular belief, Dr. Who does not hold a monopoly on all things related to time travel. Rip Hunter was created as a DC character 4-5 years before Who even existed.
                  it seems you are right, rip hunter first appeared in 1959, the doctor appeared some years later.

Comment

Working...
                  X