Who is the most interesting Character?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is the most interesting Character?

I love B5, I think its up there in my top 3 favourite Sci Fi series. It is full of so many wonderful and interesting characters, but for me LONDO is the most interesting. He is a walking contradiction, similar to Rush in SGU, you never know which side he is on. He is a tragic character, yet he can be funny, caring but also can turn into bad Londo very quickly.

Not only was he responsible for the Narn's misery, but he also saved them in the end. I still found him very likable, and was saddened how he ended up after becoming Emperor. I guess karma has a way of sorting out the ills of the universe. Who would be your most interesting character?

I pretty much agree with you Starrtom. Londo certainly had an amazing character arc.

That said, the character I'm probably most curious about is Valen, I would love to know more about the early years of the Minbari renaissance.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
      I pretty much agree with you Starrtom. Londo certainly had an amazing character arc.

That said, the character I'm probably most curious about is Valen, I would love to know more about the early years of the Minbari renaissance.
      That would be very interesting I agree, I wonder if JMS has written a history of the Minbari during Valens time somewhere?

Another character I also find interesting is Bester, I know he is a bad dude, but when I see him I always wish for a glimmer of hope that he will do the right thing. Even when he makes out that he is doing the right thing, you know there is a hidden agenda behind it.

Comment

Bester in my opinion is one of those personalities who in the end actually tried to do the right thing, I think the sad situation with his wife pushed him into that glimmer of morality
        sigpic

Comment

G'Kar, Londo, Bester, and Lyta are my top four most interesting. Some may question me for putting Lyta, but I feel like she was a person who was forced to be who she was and not actually be herself, if that makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
            G'Kar, Londo, Bester, and Lyta are my top four most interesting. Some may question me for putting Lyta, but I feel like she was a person who was forced to be who she was and not actually be herself, if that makes sense.
            I think Lyta was hard done by in many ways. There are a few times where she certainly saved the day during the shadow war.

Comment

Yeah, I think that Lyta was the most conflicted of the women we got to know. Certainly there were tragedies in other peoples' pasts too, like Ivanova's mother and Lochley's battles with addiction, not to mention Delenn and the start of the Earth-Minbari war...
              sigpic

Comment

I think what makes Lyta one of the most interesting characters is the fact that she was basically forced to do so many things and yet was so under appreciated. When she believed the others were her friends, and to a degree they thought they were her friends, there was always a negative undertone toward her. Even Zack had feelings of fear and mistrust about her that conflicted with his feelings of attraction. Her abilities created a bias toward her she could not escape even by saving the day.

Comment

B5 is also one of my favorite TV series. I think that Londo and G'Kar (and their complex relationship) were the most interesting to me.
                  sigpic

Comment

Yeah B5 is one of my favourite shows due to the amazing story line, not much of a fan of season 5 but the ending was good made be cry. Now for the most interesting character tough one. I would have to say lyta alexander.
                    Lose it. It means go crazy. Nuts. Insane. Bonzo. No longer in possession of one's faculties. Three fries short of a happy meal...WACKO!

Comment

Originally posted by Starrtom View Post
                      Another character I also find interesting is Bester, I know he is a bad dude, but when I see him I always wish for a glimmer of hope that he will do the right thing. Even when he makes out that he is doing the right thing, you know there is a hidden agenda behind it.
                      I decided to revisit this thread and I realized I never responded to this part. I think the most interesting part about Bester is he actually thinks he is a hero. In his mind he IS doing the right thing with all of his actions. The difference is he is a bigot who thinks Telepaths are above everyone else. He believes all of his actions are for the good of Telepaths and everyone else doesn't matter. His actions with regard to his lover, Carolyn Sanderson, are VERY interesting because he believes the Corps is above everything else, but then learns there are those in the Corps with agendas he doesn't know about.

Comment

Working...
                      X