X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capaldi's Future Unsure

G'day,

So Peter The Second (Peter The First obviously being Davison) will appear in Moffat's last season in 2017... But, whilst the BBC have asked him to stay on beyond that (at least until 2018), at this point Capaldi has not committed himself...

I for one want to see him acting for another Showrunner...

Cheers

cosmic
    back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
    and lots more!

I'm all for Capaldi under Chibnall. We haven't seen a Doctor under multiple showrunners since the days of Tom Baker and I sincerely hope that 2016 will "regenerate" Capaldi enough for him to want to stay for Series 11 at the very least, if not even more.
    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Hmmm...........

I like P.C., but some of the stuff written is very much written with "P.C. as the Doctor" kinda feel. by which I mean, some of the stories of the M.S./D.T. era you could happily swap portrayals and make no difference to the story, they were just "Doctor Who" stories. If Chibnall can write for "P.C.'s Doctor", then I hope he stays on, but if not, I do think it is fair for Peter to leave if he wants to.
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I'm realllllly unsure about Chib, because the 5 stories he's written mean nothing to me. Under the radar, or dozers. So, I'm hoping he's a better showrunner than writer...

And given that Moffat, IMO, was a better writer than showrunner, who knows... maybe that will work! Certainly, just because someone has a great idea, doesn't mean they can write it. Terry Nation I guess is half an example of that... Every script editor said they had to flesh his stories out because they just were too light on... Yet of course... Um... Oh yes - Daleks!

I get the horrible feeling that Peter will go... I can only hope that he realises he's not getting any younger, and in all probability, this IS IT... This is as good as it gets! He's playing his dream gig! So stick with it! Please....
        "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
        and lots more!

Comment

This is the story every time an actor is cast as the Doctor, and again at the end of every season. Which is to say: stories like this mean less than nothing.

Just be patient, and what will be, will be.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Indeed. To be fair though, Capaldi's really grown on me. I really liked him in his second season, even if his first one was a bit of a hit and miss.
            sigpic

Comment

Yes, his first season had some nice stories, had some crap stories, and equally had good and bad Doctor moments... Through all, I could see the greatness of Capaldi, but the stories' badness could still destroy that enjoyment cold dead. Second season, much better, even if the last episode totally failed in all ways and aspects.
              and lots more!

Comment

Working...
              X