Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Watchdogs (314)

  1. #1
    Site Admin GateWorld's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,848

    Post Watchdogs (314)

    Visit the Episode GuideAGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. - SEASON THREE
    WATCHDOGS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 314
    S.H.I.E.L.D. tracks a radical anti-alien group calling themselves the Watchdogs, who are being led by one of their own former agents. Mack's visit home with his brother doesn't go as planned, and Luke must prove himself to Coulson to earn a spot on the team.

    VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; April 9th, 2016 at 08:55 PM.

  2. #2
    Chief Master Sergeant Cmdr Sean Coll's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    129

    Default Re: Watchdogs (314)

    Who else thinks the warhead that was stolen form the ATCU is going to become the terrigen bomb???

  3. #3
    First Lieutenant meredithchandler73's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    872

    Default Re: Watchdogs (314)

    Quote Originally Posted by Cmdr Sean Coll View Post
    Who else thinks the warhead that was stolen form the ATCU is going to become the terrigen bomb???
    That would be something that could be very useful for Malick and Hive. Some percentage of people would most definitely transform, and then Hive could control them.

    Does anyone know whether Hive can control Inhumans who have not transformed yet? I mean, it seems a little strange - why control people who don't have any powers (yet)? But maybe Hive could start "collecting" the Inhumans and then force them to go through the change. (Bringing up the Daisy/Lincoln argument about becoming Inhuman being a birthright or a choice.)

    My other thoughts on the episode:
    --Really enjoyed this episode overall. Lots of great philosophical discussion. I’m sure this is all good lead-up to Civil War. I know in my heart of hearts that AoS won’t have a presence in the film, but the film is sure to have big ramifications on the series – just like Winter Soldier did in season 1. And I’m very excited about that!
    --Cool to see different pairings this week: Coulson and Lincoln, Daisy and Fitz, May and Simmons.
    --NITRAMENE! Love the Agent Carter callback!
    --Fitz and Mack are the “nerd herd” – love it.
    --Love getting to see Mack’s backstory and his brother. I worried through the whole episode that the brother would end up joining the Watchdogs or possibly getting hurt or killed by them. I’m glad that neither of those things happened AND he learned what his brother is really doing AND he is proud of him. The guy doesn’t have a job right now. Maybe Ruben should join SHIELD…
    --Daisy was scaring me a little in this episode with the lengths she is willing to go to get the job done for SHIELD. I suppose everyone’s moral compass has changed over the course of this show.
    --Very cool to bring back Agent Felix Blake. He had great arguments for Coulson. And when he fired back, “You never killed anyone just because you hated them?” Ouch.
    --But poor Blake, he is so angry that he was working for the bad guys the whole time he was in SHIELD…and now it’s happening again! But will he ever find out that he is a pawn in Hydra/Malick’s game? I was thinking that Giyera was going to kill Blake when he called Inhumans freaks. I’m so convinced Blake is going to die. (I just don’t see him being taken by SHIELD an incarcerated.) I just wonder whether he will be taken out by SHIELD or Hydra, and whether he will know what part he was really playing.
    --Blake is a good spy – he was smart enough to be ruling “from afar” – using holograms. (He was in a wheelchair at the end of the episode, so it must have been a hologram instructing the Watchdog soldiers in the barn.) Also, he knew someone might end up finding one of his safe houses which is why he had the hologram there.
    --But Coulson is a good spy, too. He realized there was a lag in response and that Blake was stalling. And he used the opportunity to really test Lincoln’s resolve for following orders. Like Coulson, I was glad that Lincoln had some reservations, voiced his objections, but ultimately did what he was ordered to do.
    --I loved the May/Simmons interaction. Interesting to see May trying to counsel Jemma. When May tells Jemma not to give her hope, that just broke my heart. Because May never thought she deserved love and happiness, but Andrew made her believe she did and could have it. Then that was taken away. No, I wouldn’t want to hope either, May.
    --And finally – SHOTGUN-AX!!!

    Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

  4. #4
    Colonel P-90_177's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Traveling through Time and Space
    Posts
    7,043

    Default Re: Watchdogs (314)

    You know, I quite liked Lincoln before, but after this ep I've really warmed to him. And how Coulson measures up someone on his team is great; gives a differing opinion but will still follow orders when it comes to crunch time.

    Also, Fitz and Mack about moving the building LOL!
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

  5. #5
    Lieutenant Colonel Gen. Chris's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Wall
    Posts
    3,171

    Default Re: Watchdogs (314)

    Quote Originally Posted by Cmdr Sean Coll View Post
    Who else thinks the warhead that was stolen form the ATCU is going to become the terrigen bomb???
    The problem with that is if they end up using it it would HAVE to be mentioned in Civil War. There's no way an event like that could go unmentioned. And there is absolutely no guarantee that the writers of Civil War had something like that in mind when they started shooting a year ago.

  6. #6
    First Lieutenant Starsaber's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    878

    Default Re: Watchdogs (314)

    Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    The problem with that is if they end up using it it would HAVE to be mentioned in Civil War. There's no way an event like that could go unmentioned. And there is absolutely no guarantee that the writers of Civil War had something like that in mind when they started shooting a year ago.
    Unless the bomb doesn't get used until after the movie. I haven't checked the schedule, but the first couple seasons had a few episodes left after the spring movie release.

  7. #7
    Major General
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    13,249

    Default Re: Watchdogs (314)

    Quote Originally Posted by Cmdr Sean Coll View Post
    Who else thinks the warhead that was stolen form the ATCU is going to become the terrigen bomb???
    What "Terragen bomb'?? I don't remember the ATCU making one..

    Quote Originally Posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
    My other thoughts on the episode:
    --Really enjoyed this episode overall. Lots of great philosophical discussion. I’m sure this is all good lead-up to Civil War. I know in my heart of hearts that AoS won’t have a presence in the film, but the film is sure to have big ramifications on the series – just like Winter Soldier did in season 1. And I’m very excited about that!
    True, the discussions were very well done, especially May-Simmons on lash. But as to the whole AoS - Civil war thing. I really hope we get SOME sort of Pre-impact lead in from the series to the film, not the usual "film happens, now the show deals with the aftermath"..

    Quote Originally Posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
    --Cool to see different pairings this week: Coulson and Lincoln, Daisy and Fitz, May and Simmons.
    I agree. The Switching around of the group ups was very well handled, as well as the reasoning for some of them (well just one, the lincoln/phil one)..

    Quote Originally Posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
    --NITRAMENE! Love the Agent Carter callback!
    Haven't we had several other call backs already? heck i would love it if someone had compiled a list of them!

    Quote Originally Posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
    --Love getting to see Mack’s backstory and his brother. I worried through the whole episode that the brother would end up joining the Watchdogs or possibly getting hurt or killed by them. I’m glad that neither of those things happened AND he learned what his brother is really doing AND he is proud of him. The guy doesn’t have a job right now. Maybe Ruben should join SHIELD…
    It did seemed a little hammed up about how lill bro seemed a sure bet to join the dawgs, but might be a new agent.. However HOW he handled himself was rather well played/acted..

    Quote Originally Posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
    --Daisy was scaring me a little in this episode with the lengths she is willing to go to get the job done for SHIELD. I suppose everyone’s moral compass has changed over the course of this show.
    WE have seen it in countless shows/films, the lengths people will go to, to protect their own. IMO this was just Daisy finally coming to grips with that mantra, and doing what she needs to, to protect her own kind (inhumans) as well as do her job at shield.

    Quote Originally Posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
    -But poor Blake, he is so angry that he was working for the bad guys the whole time he was in SHIELD…and now it’s happening again! But will he ever find out that he is a pawn in Hydra/Malick’s game? I was thinking that Giyera was going to kill Blake when he called Inhumans freaks. I’m so convinced Blake is going to die. (I just don’t see him being taken by SHIELD an incarcerated.) I just wonder whether he will be taken out by SHIELD or Hydra, and whether he will know what part he was really playing.
    He does seem like a bit of a hypocrite going off on Phil for his devotion to shield, when he knows (or should have known) he is now working for Hydra after his long rant...

    Quote Originally Posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
    And he used the opportunity to really test Lincoln’s resolve for following orders. Like Coulson, I was glad that Lincoln had some reservations, voiced his objections, but ultimately did what he was ordered to do.
    Yes.. Lincon really shined in that scene. SHowing he was willing to not only do what's needed, but voice concerns for WHY it was needed, and still held back when the time came to 'follow orders'..

    Quote Originally Posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
    --And finally – SHOTGUN-AX!!!
    With all the quips Mac has made, i am still surprised he has not made a full on version!

    Also i loved the whole "mini-mac" banter between the kid brother and Daisy at the end...

  8. #8
    Lieutenant Colonel Gen. Chris's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Wall
    Posts
    3,171

    Default Re: Watchdogs (314)

    Quote Originally Posted by Starsaber View Post
    Unless the bomb doesn't get used until after the movie. I haven't checked the schedule, but the first couple seasons had a few episodes left after the spring movie release.
    It would still need to be mentioned in the movies eventually. The next closest is Dr. Strange and I doubt they would bother to include a line about that.

    I doubt it will be used...it would be too complicated. This would be something more likely to be used in the actual Inhumans movie, I think.

  9. #9
    Captain
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,440

    Default Re: Watchdogs (314)

    Was it just me or has the show taken a rather argumentative approach within the team, Daisey wanted to go all out, Fitz was rather less keen to do so, Colson/Lincoln being a tad off with one another, is this the writers trying to mirror the Civil War storyline a bit?

  10. #10
    Major General
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    13,249

    Default Re: Watchdogs (314)

    With seeing how Daisy has seen First hand what humans want to do to her kind all though out S1 and 2, first wanting to find, "Inventory" and index all supers they could locate, then not only wanting to do the same to her fellow Inhumans, and do so forcefully if needed, along with how the general population has show an outright hatred (Kill the monster) approach to them is it any wonder she is a little "Hot under the collar" towards these watchdogs?

  11. #11
    Lieutenant Colonel Gen. Chris's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Wall
    Posts
    3,171

    Default Re: Watchdogs (314)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian-S View Post
    is this the writers trying to mirror the Civil War storyline a bit?

    Absolutely. Not even a question at this point. Civil War was a huge event in the comics, so it will not be easy to adequately show its effect in just a two hour movie. The full effects I hope will be explored in this show, just like what happened in Winter Soldier.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •