• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worlds Finest (118)

Visit the Episode GuideSUPERGIRL - SEASON ONE
    WORLDS FINEST
    EPISODE NUMBER - 118
    Kara gains a new ally when The Flash, a super-fast speedster from a parallel universe, arrives and asks for her help getting home. But first the two must team up to stop Siobhan -- a.k.a. "Silver Banshee" -- when she breaks Livewire out of the D.E.O. and goes after Cat.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 30 March 2016, 10:26 PM.

I loved this ep. I hope to heck they at least have barry mentioning it in later Flash episodes.

Loved Kat's snipe at the CW, and how she nonshalantly put 2 and 2 together on Barry-flash..
    I loved his bromancing with both Win and Kara, though hated that Olsen had to get jealous to realize what he was missing with Kara..

And i loved the reaction from the people in the Anti-alien task force...

Comment

Yeah, this was one of if not the best ep. they've done yet.

Comment

This episode made me realize just how vital Gran Gustin is to The Flash. For me, he kinda stole the episode. I felt the love side plot between Olsen and Kara was a bit...out of place. I blame Gustin's magnetic performance for that.

I really liked this episode. I liked the Flash's entrance and Supergirl's interaction with him. I found it interesting how he was kinda confused as to the lack of a plan and Supergirl's comment of "Eighty percent chance of punching." I've been reading Supergirl stuff lately, and it really did fit with the comics version of her. But...I really wish they had Hank and Alex in this episode. I think it was a bad choice to make them go their separate path.

Overall, this was a fun episode.
        By Nolamom
        sigpic

Comment

I totally agree, this was one of the best so far, not to mention it really was fun.

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
            But...I really wish they had Hank and Alex in this episode. I think it was a bad choice to make them go their separate path.

Overall, this was a fun episode.
            Since they are currently 'persona non grata' they had to stay absent..

Comment

Hmm, if the Flash can routinely run between dimensions I hope he can come back to Supergirl's Earth, it would also be interesting to see what other shows he could sneak into.

Comment

Wonder what NCIS or Criminal minds would think having him on it!

Comment

I did like how Flash just seemed to handle the whole episode like he was on Holiday. Just like "Hey this isn't my Earth, I don't really care what happens here but there's aliens and crap, this is awesome!"
                  Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                    I did like how Flash just seemed to handle the whole episode like he was on Holiday. Just like "Hey this isn't my Earth, I don't really care what happens here but there's aliens and crap, this is awesome!"
                    yeah, that was just funny how they both just calmly exposed their secret identities and didn't give it a second thought. I bet he didn't mind the fact that super girl was cute too.

Comment

Originally posted by epg20 View Post
                      yeah, that was just funny how they both just calmly exposed their secret identities and didn't give it a second thought. I bet he didn't mind the fact that super girl was cute too.
                      Maybe its a budding romance??
                      But it's gonna ahve to be REAL long distance!!

Comment

They might as well just post everyone secret identities on billboards for this show.

Comment

First episode of Supergirl I've watched, I'm afraid to say only because Grant Gustin was in it, I don't know if the show is generally so pun filled, but it was good to see they kept the same writing style for Flash.

I may well watch some more, but are they sure this show is aimed at a young female audience? There's so many female leads you'd be forgiven for thinking it was aimed at teenage boys...

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                            First episode of Supergirl I've watched, I'm afraid to say only because Grant Gustin was in it, I don't know if the show is generally so pun filled, but it was good to see they kept the same writing style for Flash.

I may well watch some more, but are they sure this show is aimed at a young female audience? There's so many female leads you'd be forgiven for thinking it was aimed at teenage boys...
                            Trust me, it is aimed at a young female audience. Don't forget that Star Wars: A New Hope was aimed at a young male audience and had only one woman on screen.

But since you mentioned the target audience, does that hurt ratings? I mean, women have been subjected to entertainment aimed at men for like ever. So their viewership tends to be taken for granted. Women would just watch that sausage fest of a Star Wars movie. But what about men? Would more watch Supergirl if it was was more balanced between the female cast and male cast as well as elements of the story? Would it even make a difference?

I mean, there is a clear difference between The Flash and Supergirl that doesn't just include the ability of the cast, directing, and writing of the shows. I like both, but I can see how The Flash would attract more men than Supergirl. Just random thoughts....don't mind me...
                            By Nolamom
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                              Trust me, it is aimed at a young female audience. Don't forget that Star Wars: A New Hope was aimed at a young male audience and had only one woman on screen.

But since you mentioned the target audience, does that hurt ratings? I mean, women have been subjected to entertainment aimed at men for like ever. So their viewership tends to be taken for granted. Women would just watch that sausage fest of a Star Wars movie. But what about men? Would more watch Supergirl if it was was more balanced between the female cast and male cast as well as elements of the story? Would it even make a difference?

I mean, there is a clear difference between The Flash and Supergirl that doesn't just include the ability of the cast, directing, and writing of the shows. I like both, but I can see how The Flash would attract more men than Supergirl. Just random thoughts....don't mind me...
                              Does it matter if it deals mainly with female issues in the first place? I mean men and women are still human whichever way round you are. Personally I don't even look at supergirl as a female orientated show. I simply see it as a good, fun superhero show.
                              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Working...
                              X