• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beacon of Hope (417)

Visit the Episode GuideARROW - SEASON FOUR
    BEACON OF HOPE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 417
    Bee drone maven Brie Larvan escapes from prison and comes after Felicity, demanding the cutting-edge chip that is implanted in her spine and putting Palmer Tech on lockdown. Team Arrow gets help from a new ally in their efforts to rescue Felicity, Thea, and Donna from the building.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 13 April 2016, 09:47 PM.

Ok first off.. Since Brei had supposedly been done for her hacking before, Why in gods name was she allowed Computer access in jail????

Secondly, i LOVED seeing Curtis and his reaction when he found the "arrow cave", and the interactions, and actually agreed with Oli's going off on him. Also loved how he was later compared to Felicity. So one is left to wonder Will he become more permanent?? A replacement for Felicity??

I also loved the fight scene in the intro with oli taking on all 3 of the others.. Pure awesomeness, compared to the latter fight with buggzy malone (bee man), which was crud..

I was also surprised with all that was going on, that Fel's mom didn't finally twig as to what both her and Thea were on about with how often arrow shows up and their chatter about oli and the 'team'...

Comment

God I hope Curtis is the replacement, if only temporarily. He has better chemistry with the team and he's actually fun to watch.

This was the best episode of the season in a while, possibly as far back as the Constantine episode.
      sigpic

Comment

Ollie is getting as scary as Batman.

Comment

Well, he has had the most combat experience of them all.. especially in hand to hand.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            Well, he has had the most combat experience of them all.. especially in hand to hand.
            You wouldn't know it from some of the fight scenes this season...Beats Ra's, Deathstroke, and Merlyn, yet has trouble with Anarky (while being assisted, no less) and street cops with slightly more training in dealing with vigilante fighters. And Merlyn was beaten TWICE...Oliver basically made him his ***** in the duel they had this season.
            Last edited by Gen. Chris; 01 April 2016, 08:27 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

What in the green hell was this episode? It was insane. The tone was all over the place, and all of a sudden people were using ridiculous puns like they were in Batman and Robin. The show suddenly turns into a complete comedy followed by Oliver rebelling and telling Curtis to be serious. It was the most bizarre episode ever on the show. Plus they seemed to really keep hammering home the phrase "Beacon of Hope." I think the characters said that expression five times. It felt like they were all of a sudden writing for 5 year olds and wanted to make sure they didn't forget what this episode was about.

Also: ROBOT BEE MAN! WHAT!?
              "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

I'd rather have more of that episode than what we have been getting recently.
                sigpic

Comment

Much MUCH better episode than last weeks, but then thats not hard, i think last weeks might be the worst episode from the entire show, it was just so boring, apart from the island stuff

+ loved the training session at the start of the episode that was cool, i did think oliver should have been missing a shirt tho... just saying

+ Beth beehaving badly

+ that funky lol nope jump from Curtis was hilarious

+ Not having too much Olicity this week was great

- The beehive man, just another bee grade villain

- Oliver coming down way to hard on Curtis, i mean WTH

i think Malcolm and Dark will eventually butt heads once again before the season finishes, wouldnt surprise me if Malcolm ends up being the one to kill Dark once and for all

Whats with the Harry Potter references? Both Flash & Arrow in the same week, Greg Berlanti must have binge watched the movies or something
                  Last Movie Watched
                  X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                  Life is Strange

Comment

I actually think Oliver was right to be pissed at Curtis. He was totally right about Felicity and Thea still being trapped. That's not really the time for jokes.
                    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Agreed. Curtis seemed to be stopping what he was doing to try and make those jokes, not realizing that any delay could have spelled doom.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy
                        Whats with the Harry Potter references? Both Flash & Arrow in the same week, Greg Berlanti must have binge watched the movies or something
                        Personally...I loved the HP references! It was cool to see the queen Bee back at it...and her new Bee-man!
                        sigpic

Comment

Sadly the show has become too stupid for me. This is the first episode I didn't finish watching. I enjoyed the first two seasons but it's slowly become more and more ridiculous. With Legends of Tomorrow being even worse and The Flash slowly going downhill it's a pity the whole superhero style shows have degraded in quality.
                          Last edited by Dumper; 08 April 2017, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X