Page 7 of 9788 FirstFirst ... 4567891017571075071007 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 195758
  1. #121
    Captain Merlin7's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,763

    Default Re: Shep Whumping

    Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes
    Oh, I've been whumping him on livejournal. Two stories posted in the sga_flashfic community under the user name history_gurl. My Sheppard muse just begs to be whumped.


    Oh oh..I read and replied. I'm clarkangel on LJ. You broke me. ::sobs::

  2. #122
    Chief Master Sergeant Zelazny's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The GateWorld Forum...
    Posts
    225

    Default Re: Shep Whumping

    Quote Originally Posted by joescookiem
    The latest episode, LFP, was a definite emotional whump. He was so upset over watching the culling and having Teyla getting on his back about saving Oren and his family.
    Just thought I'd add that it shocked me when Teyla told Sheppard:

    "I consider Orin as family, Major. I am sorry if you do not understand what that means."

    OUCH. That was below the belt.

  3. #123
    Captain Merlin7's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,763

    Default Re: Shep Whumping

    Quote Originally Posted by Zelazny
    Just thought I'd add that it shocked me when Teyla told Sheppard:

    "I consider Orin as family, Major. I am sorry if you do not understand what that means."

    OUCH. That was below the belt.
    Very below the belt. Nice thing to say to the guy that SAVED YOUR BUTT Teyla. Saved YOUR people from the Wraith on the ship. But her attitude could have got her people killed.

    I don't begrudge Teyla wanted to save her friends. IT's HOW she did it and what she said. She's lucky Shep's so forgiving. I'd have kicked her butt off my team in Shep's place.

  4. #124
    Colonel FoolishPleasure's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Don't know as I'm shrill and ill-informed
    Posts
    6,594

    Default Re: Shep Whumping

    Quote Originally Posted by Zelazny
    Just thought I'd add that it shocked me when Teyla told Sheppard:

    "I consider Orin as family, Major. I am sorry if you do not understand what that means."

    OUCH. That was below the belt.
    This episode really lost me as a possible Teyla fan. I can't quite fathom why TPTB would have one character tear into another so badly - there was quite a bit of "lay on the guilt trip" going on that was unsettling - in other threads some have called it emotional blackmail. She came across as very selfish/self-centered. Her attitude was no better in "The Gift" - in fact my 12 year old son wanted to duct tape her mouth (until she was possessed by the Wraith - he liked that part).

    TPTB are going to have to do a lot of damage control to get me to half-way like her in any way, shape, or form in the future.

    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65/joesmom1/Kitty.bmp

    When all else fails, change channels.

  5. #125

    Default Re: Shep Whumping

    Quote Originally Posted by Zelazny
    Just thought I'd add that it shocked me when Teyla told Sheppard:

    "I consider Orin as family, Major. I am sorry if you do not understand what that means."

    OUCH. That was below the belt.
    Oooh... nasty... No wonder he was giving her the evil eye the whole time...
    Snarkiness doesn't become you,Teyla... and I'm sorry if you do not understand what that means...

    So she's only part Wraith, is she?

    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

  6. #126
    Captain Merlin7's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,763

    Default Re: Shep Whumping

    Quote Originally Posted by FoolishPleasure
    This episode really lost me as a possible Teyla fan. I can't quite fathom why TPTB would have one character tear into another so badly - there was quite a bit of "lay on the guilt trip" going on that was unsettling - in other threads some have called it emotional blackmail. She came across as very selfish/self-centered. Her attitude was no better in "The Gift" - in fact my 12 year old son wanted to duct tape her mouth (until she was possessed by the Wraith - he liked that part).

    TPTB are going to have to do a lot of damage control to get me to half-way like her in any way, shape, or form in the future.
    I have to agree. I don't dislike Teyla per se...but she lost lots of points with me. She was PMSing all over the guy who saved her more than once. She told him he was wrong for undermining WEir's authority in HZ but was fine with doing it herself. She's been very hypocritical towards Shep and that's what really rubs me the wrong way. He did nothing to deserve it.

    She whumped him but good. :macks Teyla::
    Ahh..I feel better now. I like your sons idea too. Duct tape her mouth.

  7. #127
    Second Lieutenant smallgirl's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Derbyshire,England.
    Posts
    301

    Default Re: Shep Whumping

    Quote Originally Posted by FoolishPleasure
    This episode really lost me as a possible Teyla fan. I can't quite fathom why TPTB would have one character tear into another so badly - there was quite a bit of "lay on the guilt trip" going on that was unsettling - in other threads some have called it emotional blackmail. She came across as very selfish/self-centered. Her attitude was no better in "The Gift" - in fact my 12 year old son wanted to duct tape her mouth (until she was possessed by the Wraith - he liked that part).

    TPTB are going to have to do a lot of damage control to get me to half-way like her in any way, shape, or form in the future.
    I am fortunate that as I found her unengaging before LFP and the TG, I wasn't particularly bothered by her behaviour in those episodes from the P.O.V of liking her character. I don't like or dislike her, I just feel don't feel anything. My only reaction came from how it effected Sheppard. It definitely came across as emotional blackmail. She's picked up on the fact that Sheppard doesn't seem to have any family and friends back home and she hit him over the head with it. It was like because 'you don't have anyone to care about you can't understand how I feel because I do'. I am not sure if it's me but I think she was annoyed because when she attempted to push his buttons it didn't work. He was cool with her, he explained his reasons, he wanted the matter to be closed. He did capitulate to an extent in LFP but he never really let her get under his skin. It was the same in TG, he was firm and in control. When you attack someone, especially on an emotional level you expect a reaction from them. For them to get defensive and aggressive. He didn't. His 'fight' with Weir in HZ was totally different. She did get under his skin. In that office scene at the end, she looked like she was gaining the upper hand. Teyla's behaviour was interesting in how it revealed more of Sheppard's character. He's extremely hard to reach. He is emotional and we have seen him lose it but it is not usually because someone else manages to get at his feelings but because circumstances effect him. Teyla doesn't understand him and in LFP she realised it. Watching that episode, despite not caring about Teyla, made me angry with her. Myself, in Sheppard's shoes, would have been tempted to give her a real slap down and call her on her selfishness and probably be a bit shirty with her in the next episode. What was interesting to me was that he didn't. He let it slide because it wasn't important enough for him to waste further energy on it. He's got a wall around his inner self and Teyla isn't even close to finding so much as a crack in it. He fools people with his charming outside personna into thinking that's who he is and if that isn't always completely successful, the barrier goes up.
    ~ Esther~ My Live Journal
    FBI - Body Preservation Division

    http://www.boomspeed.com/smallgirl/SGA_JF2

  8. #128
    First Lieutenant
    Member Since
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    524

    Default Re: Shep Whumping

    A quick question: In The Gift - at the end, did Shep get clobbered by Teyla when she was under hypnosis? It was kind of hard to see who went flying where.

  9. #129
    Captain Merlin7's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,763

    Default Re: Shep Whumping

    Quote Originally Posted by smallgirl
    I am fortunate that as I found her unengaging before LFP and the TG, I wasn't particularly bothered by her behaviour in those episodes from the P.O.V of liking her character. I don't like or dislike her, I just feel don't feel anything. My only reaction came from how it effected Sheppard. It definitely came across as emotional blackmail. She's picked up on the fact that Sheppard doesn't seem to have any family and friends back home and she hit him over the head with it. It was like because 'you don't have anyone to care about you can't understand how I feel because I do'. I am not sure if it's me but I think she was annoyed because when she attempted to push his buttons it didn't work. He was cool with her, he explained his reasons, he wanted the matter to be closed. He did capitulate to an extent in LFP but he never really let her get under his skin. It was the same in TG, he was firm and in control. When you attack someone, especially on an emotional level you expect a reaction from them. For them to get defensive and aggressive. He didn't. His 'fight' with Weir in HZ was totally different. She did get under his skin. In that office scene at the end, she looked like she was gaining the upper hand. Teyla's behaviour was interesting in how it revealed more of Sheppard's character. He's extremely hard to reach. He is emotional and we have seen him lose it but it is not usually because someone else manages to get at his feelings but because circumstances effect him. Teyla doesn't understand him and in LFP she realised it. Watching that episode, despite not caring about Teyla, made me angry with her. Myself, in Sheppard's shoes, would have been tempted to give her a real slap down and call her on her selfishness and probably be a bit shirty with her in the next episode. What was interesting to me was that he didn't. He let it slide because it wasn't important enough for him to waste further energy on it. He's got a wall around his inner self and Teyla isn't even close to finding so much as a crack in it. He fools people with his charming outside personna into thinking that's who he is and if that isn't always completely successful, the barrier goes up.

    WOw this is an absolutely fabulous post and may I just say I think you're spot on. Shep is very charming and very good at reading people. But he doesn't let anyone read him. And he definitely has a wall around his inner self. Even JF said the character is detached emotionally in that he shielded himself. Shep is very passionate about things he cares about. About life and people. But don't try to play the emotion card with him.

    Just wanted to add. You're right, he wasn't wasting energy on Teyla. She didn't effect him. I think he was a little pissed at her for pulling the BS she did, even though I think he understood it. He was on both sides of the fence, really. But what DID effect him was what he saw. The Culling. What id did. What it meant. He was shaken by it. When he went back to the pilot's seat and stared straight ahead..that was a powerful moment. And his response to Weir. "Bad" And his explanation and his whispered "But we saved some lives and that means something" Or however the exact dialogue goes.

    Shep is feeling the guilt of wakening the Wraith. Of shooting Sumner. Of making choices and decisions he wasn't ready to make. Gaul and Abram's deaths. All of it. I'm sure he's going to feel the guilt/regret of letting Kolya live. Pure spec but that scene with Kolya in Brotherhood and letting him live was sure a set up for Kolya and Shep to face off in season 2, if I ever saw a set up! LOL

    Then Shep doing the message to Sumner's family. THat was heartbreaking to watch. His admission that he wished Sumner was there.

    Play the guilt card, Teyla. Nice friend you are. ::rolls eyes::
    Last edited by Merlin7; March 15th, 2005 at 03:49 PM.

  10. #130
    Lieutenant Colonel Salty's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3,435

    Default Re: Shep Whumping

    Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes
    Oh, I've been whumping him on livejournal. Two stories posted in the sga_flashfic community under the user name history_gurl. My Sheppard muse just begs to be whumped.


    WHAT???? Where's the link??????? Must go read!!!

  11. #131

    Default Re: Shep Whumping

    Quote Originally Posted by Salty
    WHAT???? Where's the link??????? Must go read!!!
    They're on my livejournal. The link is ... www.livejournal.com/users/history_gurl/

    And Salty? Serious whumpage, I broke Merlin.

    The stories are called "These Hands" and "Hidden in the Heart"
    Last edited by blueeyes; March 15th, 2005 at 05:52 PM. Reason: edited to add titles ... silly me

  12. #132
    Lieutenant Colonel Salty's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3,435

    Default Re: Shep Whumping

    Thanks!!! I'll make sure to have the tissues!!!

    *goes off to bookmark page*

  13. #133
    Second Lieutenant Cronus's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In orbit above your homeworld
    Posts
    499

    Post Re: Shep Whumping

    Hey, favourite bit of Shep whumping would have to be the bug:



    He was by far in the most pain here out of the whole season.
    The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic - Stalin
    The viewpoint of one person is not the viewpoint of all - ShadowMaat
    Dulce et Decorum est pro patria mori - Horace
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
    Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something - Plato
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi
    Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake - Napoleon

  14. #134
    Captain Merlin7's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,763

    Default Re: Shep Whumping

    Quote Originally Posted by Cronus
    Hey, favourite bit of Shep whumping would have to be the bug:



    He was by far in the most pain here out of the whole season.

    Definitely the most pain and Joe made it seem so real ::hugs woobie::

  15. #135

    Default Re: Shep Whumping

    Okay, finally getting to watch this awesome show. Whoo hoo! And what did I watch? Hmmm? Anybody wanna guess? Oh yeah, just watched "Thirty Eight Minutes".

    Y'all were SO correct about the whumpage. Man does that boy whump good. The look he gives McKay during the "certain doom" ramble ... wow. Visual whumpage so rocks!


  16. #136
    Lieutenant Colonel Salty's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3,435

    Default Re: Shep Whumping

    Definitely the best Shep whumping ep!!! And the part where Ford put the water and salt on the bug....man! Joe could act! I would have bet money on that being REAL pain!!!

  17. #137
    First Lieutenant
    Member Since
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    524

    Default Re: Shep Whumping

    Poor Shep got whumped by that Wraith in The Siege I. Poor boy getting knocked out by the stunner. The look in his eyes when he couldn't move and the Wraith was about to suck the life out of him.

    And the anger and frustration with Bob at the end. I just loved the look in his eyes when Shep emptied his second clip into Bob. Joe sure can act! *sigh*

  18. #138
    Colonel emily_reich's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Honolulu with Chopsticks!Ba'al, thunking ded...
    Posts
    5,687

    Default Re: Shep Whumping

    OMG!!! yes, he got so physically whumped in siege 1!! just like you said... the look in his eyes said it all... i just felt so terrible for him, but as a whumper loved it.... just wanted to go save him myself!!

    the end definately had some emotional whump, yup.... he had so much built up and was letting it all out on bob!! his line "i don't think we've gona far enough" said it all i thought.... but still.... oh, wait... *waits for siege 2 to air*

  19. #139
    Major Merentha's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2005
    Location
    FBI Headquarters
    Posts
    2,341

    Default Re: Shep Whumping

    Word! I've watched those two scenes so many times. Even with just his eyes he can act the heck out of the scene. Poor Shep needs a hug

  20. #140
    Captain Merlin7's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,763

    Default Re: Shep Whumping

    SIEGE 1 was awesome whumpage. Joe was fabulous. I mean...not one word uttered, unable to move at all and you could see/feel his fear and see how helpless and vulnerable he was. GUH

    And the end was total emotional whumpage. That close up after Bob says the others will know what Shep's done. A flicker of fear and vulnerability then SNAP! The cold detachment is back in place.

    Also love how Joe had Shep moving stiffly when he entered the holding cell. After being stunned. He got hit twice ya know.

Page 7 of 9788 FirstFirst ... 4567891017571075071007 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Similar Threads

  1. John Sheppard
    By Mulder1975 in forum SGA General Discussion
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: February 28th, 2013, 06:00 PM
  2. John Sheppard
    By DakotaWoman2 in forum General Stargate Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: May 13th, 2008, 04:53 AM
  3. John Sheppard Can't Win
    By KindlyKeller in forum SGA General Discussion
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: April 9th, 2008, 05:07 PM
  4. Why John Sheppard has his name
    By nadie4ever in forum General Stargate Discussion
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: October 31st, 2007, 07:24 AM
  5. John Sheppard
    By BrendaSprung in forum SGA Characters and Relationships
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: March 15th, 2006, 01:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •