John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Sheppard Whump

Okay, so we have Jack whumping and Daniel whumping. Now it's Sheppard's turn

Any fans out there? Show of hands? Anyone else get those tummy flips when Shep gets hurt? 38 Minutes and The Defiant One rank at the top of my fave ep list.
    sigpic
    Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

*raises hand* yup!! i'm here!!

like i said, i love the character development we get when our favorite characters get whumped...

i admit, i'm more a fan of emotional whumping myself, but i'll fess up to being a fan of physical whumping as well... for some reason i've always liked my fave guys to get hurt... and not JUST cuz it makes them the center of attention i feel a bit sadistic saying that, but i have to cop to it!!!

Comment

Not my thing to be honest but I cna understand why some people are in to it.
      "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

So, when our fav guys get "whumped" rather badly. . they need a good nurse. .right?

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

lol.... well not to turn this into another thunk thread or anything, but...

ya know, i think along those lines, whumping often coincides with 'shipping... i've seen MUCH whumping in 'ship fanfic!!! our poor whumped guys need some help getting through it, ya know...

just an observation

Comment

I always thought I was odd that I would get that little thrill when my guy got hurt. It wasn't until I found TV fandoms on the 'net and found there was actually a name for it and realized others feel the same way. I get that tummy flip and the cold sweat when hurt is inflicted. And gimme physical hurt, not emotional stuff. Imagine my thrill that 3 eps into Atlantis I got to enjoy a totally Shep whumping ep!! And he was AWESOME!

I'm hoping Season 2 gives us lots of whump! Shep whump please.
            sigpic

Comment

well i guess we're at different places on the whumping scale... gimme emotional whumping any day!!

but still, there IS that little thrill when they REALLY get whumped (aka physical whumpage!!) i thought i was just really strange until now... i've thought upwhumping stories for my fave guys for nearly 10 years now!! (ok, prob'ly massively embarrasing myself there, but whatever... ...seriously feelin weird right now....)

Comment

ok, im ignorant, but i just to make sure before i think about posting anything, to get whumped is to get hurt, right? don't laugh at me. no. dont laugh.
                ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lionel_pendergast_rocks
                  ok, im ignorant, but i just to make sure before i think about posting anything, to get whumped is to get hurt, right? don't laugh at me. no. dont laugh.
                  You are correct, young Padawan. There is hope for you yet.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

thank you, master.

well, in that case, i say sheppard needs some 'whumping', but Mckay needs a good smack sometime. he might be cool, but he's damn arrogant. and i agree that sheppard got whumped good in the defiant one.
                    ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lionel_pendergast_rocks
                      well, in that case, i say sheppard needs some 'whumping', but Mckay needs a good smack sometime. he might be cool, but he's damn arrogant. and i agree that sheppard got whumped good in the defiant one.

McKay definitely needs a good smack every now and then!
                      sigpic

Comment

Ah -- to distinquish a good smack vs. a whump. Sometimes Rodney needs the good smack (as mentioned before) but we love when Shep gets whumped!

The "thrill" , for me, is to finally "see" the feelings the other characters have for our guy. You get to see the concern they feel. Sometimes you get to see our guy show how brave he is --- don't worry about me kind of thing. The team first, my injuries later. Hurt me, not my team.

Our hero, be he a Major or an archeologist, gets whumped and our heart goes thud! The one thing we don't get enough of are the final scenes, the recuperation scenes. That's where all those great authors come in handy. I wish we could see more of that part. 38 Mins. gave us a good tag, but usually they get rescued and that's it. I would like to see the pain/angst of the recovery process as well.

Comment

I'm a WHUMP Whore. Yep. I like the physical and the emotional whumping. I l love watching my fave guy <Shep in this case> Dealing with both.
                          In 38 minutes, his pain was so viable <Kudos to Joe cause god it seemed so REAL> Yet it was awesome to watch him still being strong and in control. Still being the leader as much as he could. Keeping everyone focused.

And in DEFIANT..it was a measure of how strong he is. He was a bit bent by the end, but he didn't break. Sheppard will never give up.

The last few eps of the season show the emotional wear and tear on him and it's an amazing/insightful thing to watch as well.

GO JOE!

Comment

Originally posted by mtee1958
                            Ah -- to distinquish a good smack vs. a whump. Sometimes Rodney needs the good smack (as mentioned before) but we love when Shep gets whumped!

The "thrill" , for me, is to finally "see" the feelings the other characters have for our guy. You get to see the concern they feel. Sometimes you get to see our guy show how brave he is --- don't worry about me kind of thing. The team first, my injuries later. Hurt me, not my team.

Our hero, be he a Major or an archeologist, gets whumped and our heart goes thud! The one thing we don't get enough of are the final scenes, the recuperation scenes. That's where all those great authors come in handy. I wish we could see more of that part. 38 Mins. gave us a good tag, but usually they get rescued and that's it. I would like to see the pain/angst of the recovery process as well.
                            My sentiments exactly, on everything you said. I love whumping, too. Especially on Jack and on Shep. I thought it was weird, too, but felt better when I discovered wonderful fanfiction.

38 Minutes and The Defiant One rocked! One thing I don't like about TV/Film is that most times when someone gets hurt, they get better WAY too fast.
                            SPOILERS-HIGHLIGHT TO READ: Atleast in 38 Minutes there were repercussions, he almost died--er, well... he did die, they just almost couldn't get him back I didn't like in The Defiant One, Shep just got up at the end and he and McKay walked to the Jumper. After he got knocked a good fifteen feet or more TWICE, you'd think there would be some difficulty gettin' around. Oh, well. I did find a great fic that took off where that ep ended and took care of that little problem for me.
                            Last edited by Zelazny; 22 February 2005, 12:46 PM.
                            Zelazny, FBI~Undercover Division

Comment

I love Shep getting whumped!! Especially the physical whumped. I loved 38 minutes and The Defiant One. In 38 Minutes, when he tells Ford, "Please don't do that again!" I just wanted to hug him to pieces. In The Defiant One, at the end, I wanted to put him the bathtub and clean him up [and tape up his ribs]!

I also like the emotional whump. In Sanctuary, when Shep goes to help Chaya defend her people, she tells him to leave and she'll take care of it. He watches her fade out, and when he turns back he looks like he wants to cry or something. It broke my heart.

Joe is so good at expressing emotions. It seems so real. I can't wait until The Siege 1 & 2 - everyone who's seen the eps says that he seems weary.

Comment

Working...
                              X