X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Womble View Post
    This is the kind of stuff that I used to deal with at my old job:

I've seen people's names auto-corrected from Paulette to Toilet, or from Dimitry to Dirty.

Lesson number one: turn off the damn auto correct when buying stuff. You can turn it back on when you go back to texting

Lesson number two: check your tickets as soon as you have booked it, not two weeks later. Many airlines have a "grace period" of between 24 and 48 hours for fixing minor stuff.

Lesson number three: cheap can be expensive. Ryanair prides itself on flying planeloads of people who hate them but fly with them anyway. When booking a low-cost airline, be ten times more careful.
    Lesson 1 should be "turn the blasted thing off permanently as your 5-year-old kid probably knows how to spell better than that stupid computer/phone"

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
      Lesson 1 should be "turn the blasted thing off permanently as your 5-year-old kid probably knows how to spell better than that stupid computer/phone"
      With the state of the schools these days, surely you jest. You don't think they actually teach them useful things like reading, writing and arithmetic any more, do you?

Comment

Elderly women use canes to fend off man who attacked Edmonton priest

Guess this guy didn't reckon that some old people still have some fight left in 'em

Comment

Since we are on the justice warrior topic:

Kelowna Batman offers assistance to RCMP
          Spoiler:
          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Dust Devil sends inflatable bounce house airborne in China

“The nature of this accident is also not yet known, as it is still unclear whether … it was an incident partly caused by human factors,” said Shi Jinghan, an official with the county government who told media that two children died at the scene of the accident, the Post reported.
            About the only "human factors" that could cause a strong dust devil like that are maybe every visitor there letting one rip at the same time...and maybe all the hot air that comes out of this gasbag's mouth

Comment

Man chokes cashier for bagging chips with canned goods
              Spoiler:
              I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

I saw that...if he tried that in Texas he'd've wound up looking like Swiss cheese

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                  I saw that...if he tried that in Texas he'd've wound up looking like Swiss cheese
                  Cashiers have sawed-offs under the counter in Texas?
                  Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                    more likely the many other customers armed with concealed weaponry all shooting at the guy at the same time but that too probably...although I'd love to see the guy try that if Donnie Yen were his cashier

Comment

As I understand it, that's considered small arms down there.

Comment

Couldn't seem to find a dedicated "funny" thread, so I just thought I'd leave this here: After all, driving one of these things is pretty boneheaded.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                          Couldn't seem to find a dedicated "funny" thread, so I just thought I'd leave this here: After all, driving one of these things is pretty boneheaded.

Looks to me the car did what it was supposed to do, keep the man safe.
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Looks to me the car did what it was supposed to do, keep the man safe.
                            But what if the guy had hit something with a harder hide, such as a lizard?

Comment

but what, but what, but what.
                              What if your 4WD hit a truck?
                              You would be dead.
                              "I drive a big car, so I am safer"
                              Garbage, there is always something bigger than you. A B double would turn your 4WD into a coffin no less effectively than a mini car, probably more effectively as 4WD's are designed to resist impact rather than work with it.
                              You should really look up what happens when the 4WD fame fails.
                              sigpic
                              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I thought it was more of his fear of technology
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X