This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    Whose religious values are being offended by paramedics?

Totally different circumstances. Still no bacon for you.
    Christian Scientists?

Edit: The religion, not actual scientists. The name is very misleading. They are most certainly not about science, especially medical science.
    By Nolamom
    sigpic

Comment

1- "we don't serve officers here" ... Wtf? They usually get free coffee and snacks at night.

2- that's such a douche move I mean paramedics have the worst part of the job and they see some sh*t on a daily basis
      Spoiler:
      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
        Christian Scientists?

Edit: The religion, not actual scientists. The name is very misleading. They are most certainly not about science, especially medical science.
        is that the same thing as Scientology?....as I recall Scientology is another "religion" that doesn't seek professional medical treatment

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
          is that the same thing as Scientology?....as I recall Scientology is another "religion" that doesn't seek professional medical treatment
          They are not related. I know how Scientology rejects psychology and psychiatry and probably neuroscience too. I haven't heard about any other aspects of medicine.
          By Nolamom
          sigpic

Comment

Don't Jehovah's Witness people reject things like blood transfusions?
            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
              Don't Jehovah's Witness people reject things like blood transfusions?
              I believe so. But they have every right to do so. The questions arise when parents are making medical decisions for their minor children.

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                https://www.theguardian.com/science/...aribbean-scare
                Spoiler:
                I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Trump tore out magazine picture of Justin Trudeau, scrawled odd message and mailed it to Canadian embassy, report claims

The message – first reported by Axios – is said to have been written by the US president on the torn-out cover of a May 2017 issue of Bloomberg Businessweek, which featured an image of Mr Trudeau alongside a caption reading “The Anti-Trump”.

On it, Mr Trump reportedly jotted a note reading something to the effect of, “Looking good! Hope it's not true!" according to the US news outlet.

The Canadian ambassador considered the note so strange he thought it was a prank, but after calling US officials was told the note was genuine.
                  Another exchange in December of that year reportedly saw Mr Trump send Mr Trudeau a document purporting to show a US trade deficit with Canada.

Mr Trudeau reportedly responded by including in his letter a printout of a US government website showing America actually has a trade surplus over its neighbour when services are included with goods.

The Canadian prime minister reportedly included a smiley face alongside the document.
                  Spoiler:

Comment

So, regarding the paramedics, can they say, if the McDonalds people who refused to serve them, got shot, or whatever, can they refuse to serve them?
                    when the paramedics used to come to our nursing home especially at dinner time, i always made sure they were fed and watered, i have the utmost respect for the men and women who protect and serve us, and to see these morons treating them like this it is disgusting
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post
                      So, regarding the paramedics, can they say, if the McDonalds people who refused to serve them, got shot, or whatever, can they refuse to serve them?
                      when the paramedics used to come to our nursing home especially at dinner time, i always made sure they were fed and watered, i have the utmost respect for the men and women who protect and serve us, and to see these morons treating them like this it is disgusting
                      Don't worry about it. The behavior of the social justice warriors went off the rails a while ago. They just haven't hit anything hard enough to end the train wreck yet.

Comment

I personally want nothing to do with the SJWs, they do not speak for me, if other women want this then that is up to them
                        sigpic

Comment

I personally want nothing to do with the SJWs, they do not speak for me, if other women want this then that is up to them
                          No, actually, it is up to us as a society to decide if we're going to listen to their BS or not.

Comment

By Nolamom
                            sigpic

Comment

Store clerk found guilty of second degree murder in shooting, killing of teen

Well, that's a good way to throw your life away.

On a side note, you'll have to excuse the poor grammar and punctuation, I can't believe the author of this is paid to write. Kinda says something about what comes out of the schools these days, doesn't it.

By Jessica Holley and WMCActionNews5.com Staff | August 15, 2019 at 5:47 PM CDT - Updated August 15 at 6:19 PM

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (WMC) - After three days of testimony, a jury has deliberated in the murder case against a store clerk accused of killing a teen who stole a beer.

More than a year and a half after North Memphis neighbors found the body of 17-year-old Dorian Harris in their backyard.

Store clerk Anwar Ghazali has been found guilty of second-degree murder.
                              Jury deliberating in murder trial against Anwar Ghazali

“This defendant took it upon himself to the be the judge and jury and the executioner over a $2 beer,” said Lora Fowler, prosecutor.

Police say in March of 2018, Harris walked into the Top Stop Shop, grabbed two beers from the cooler, and walked out without paying.

Security footage from inside the store shows Anwar Ghazali grab a gun and point it at the teen before he left the store.

The video, played for the jury several times this week, captured Ghazali run out after Harris.

“His life was cut short when he was chased at least shot at 3 times with a fatal gunshot wound to his left thigh and left to bleed out and die,” said Fowler.

Ghazali's defense attorney told the jury what the video also shows are the actions of an innocent man.

A man who didn't believe shot gun fire hit the teen.
                              Anwar Ghazali, accused of killing teen for stealing beer undergoes first trial day

He returned to work, never hid the weapon nor deleted the footage despite having the ability to do it.

“Justice will not be serviced if a person is convicted of a crime they didn't commit even if it helps Harris's family,” said Blake Ballin, defense attorney.

No one, including witnesses in the store, called police to report the crime the night of the shooting.

Ghazali will be sentenced on September 23.

Comment

A guy from BC got slapped with a 2,000$ fine for feeding Timbits to a grizzly

Not sure if funny or stupid, maybe a little of both.
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X