X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is wrong with people?
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
      What is wrong with people?
      That would make a long list...
      If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
        That would make a long list...
        Yes it would, unfortunately.
        sigpic

Comment

I was sent a photo yesterday; apparently one of my customers scrawled "Give back my money, Womble" on the wall of my travel agency's branch in another city (with my actual name, of course). I really wonder what they hoped to achieve.

Another customer sent a strongly worded letter of complaint on my conduct... to my email. No CC anywhere else, just to me. My work email has my name in it. I am this close to replying that I will look into his complaint on my behavior and take disciplinary measures against myself.
          Sounds like a version of "cancel culture" which is a despicable tactic used as a means of protest in the U.S. The idea is if you don't agree with them, they'll force you out of your job or harass you in other ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
            Sounds like a version of "cancel culture" which is a despicable tactic used as a means of protest in the U.S. The idea is if you don't agree with them, they'll force you out of your job or harass you in other ways.
            Fake news?
            I wonder who gave you that..........
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
              small hole? from a cannon shell? define small
              Don't know -- but I can estimate a generous cost to repairs.

Another customer sent a strongly worded letter of complaint on my conduct... to my email. No CC anywhere else, just to me. My work email has my name in it. I am this close to replying that I will look into his complaint on my behavior and take disciplinary measures against myself.
              Do it!

Or maybe not... but it would nevertheless be an hilarious reply.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                Fake news?
                I wonder who gave you that..........
                Not gonna bite on that.... Wouldn't be prudent.

Comment

Oh that's been around long before the cancel culture. If I had a shekel for every time the customer threatened to get me fired, I could have retired at 35. One actually told his lawyer that I falsely claimed to have been the legal advisor for the company... and didn't appreciate my generous offer to produce the recorded conversation.

The fun part right now is that people still think that a travel agent in 2020 can still be intimidated by anything. A couple of times I've already given the customers the full picture of what's going on - usually when they demand someone higher up to talk to or when they threaten to get me fired, and it goes like this: the agency branch where you bought your ticket is closed, all the agents who have dealt with you in the past have been fired. I am literally the only one left whose job description includes handling you. I cannot be fired until we run out of customers to handle, and formally I have no boss except the company CEO because the entire chain of authority between me and him has been fired. Now try and intimidate me with something.
                  If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

That's too much to handle for the customer -- you're good.

Comment

I tend to add a letter when dealing with such...… customers.
                      sigpic

Comment

As one of the pilots said.. "Only in L.A."

FBI investigating report of 'guy in jetpack' flying 3,000 feet in air at LAX: 'Only in LA'

I hope they catch & prosecute this nutburger. Talk about being a hazard to himself and others.

Comment

As one of the pilots said.. "Only in L.A."

FBI investigating report of 'guy in jetpack' flying 3,000 feet in air at LAX: 'Only in LA'

I hope they catch & prosecute this nutburger. Talk about being a hazard to himself and others.
                          *starts singing "Rocket Man"*

Comment

Taking social distancing to a new level, literally, maybe?
                            http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                              Taking social distancing to a new level, literally, maybe?

Nuts but effective.

Comment

Working...
                              X