This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Department of Boneheadedness.

This thread is for illustrated examples of boneheaded behavior, stupid stunts, Darwin award contestants and other prime examples of a complete lack of intelligence on the part of humans.

Kicking it off...

bicycle.jpg

So what you're saying is that it's the Donald Trump thread?
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I think Annoyed is referring more to folks who do *really* stupid things in general. things that make you look more than twice at the articles in question, just to see if you actually read what you thought you read, and how true they might actually be in the
      triple eek --- or more category.

During the summer within either the same week or less than two weeks apart there were two classic idiot awards from two different individuals doing the following---

1) the guy who went violated rules and went swimming in a River where there was a
      "NO Swimming! Alligators present."

Well, the duh-head wanted to impress his girlfriend to show how macho he was and disregarded the warning, and jumped in anyway. Less than minutes later, he is heard shrieking at his girlfriend to "STAY OUT!!!!!!" and he ended up being pulled under by the resident alligator that made its nest under the dock over there. He was seen coming up once a little while later, and then disappeared. His dead body was found further down the river as the reptile took a nice meal chunk out of him.

That's what happens when you tempt nature, and it bites you back -- BIG time.

2) The second idiot award reported within days of the above alligator incident, went to the teenager who was trying to impress his friends at a party. Somehow, he got access to one of those bigger (rocket propelled) home firework things, and he lit a firework on top of his head. I think it blew up his head in the process as it went off. Whatever happened, he basically died rather instantly. Wonder what his parents (or guardians) were thinking after they saw or heard of this happening.

I was reading the comments on the internet about those above two incidents all weekend and week long. Nearly everyone had the same thought.
      Another dead "Darwin Award". Two less now on the planet to feed.

Those two situations seemed to be last summer's ultimate *classics*, tho.

Comment

The best Darwin awards are always awarded posthumously.
        The trick is to have the recipient earn his reward before he reproduces, thereby eliminating obviously defective genes from our gene pool.

Comment

4 for the price of 1?

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
            I think Annoyed is referring more to folks who do *really* stupid things in general.
            Oh darn, and I wanted to nominate Trump for his Apple-tweet: Block Apple! -- sent from iPhone
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

And here we have another shining example of well thought out behavior.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/03...ard-labor.html

First off.... Travelling to a hostile country is probably not the best idea in the world...

And second, once there, pissing the govt. off is really stupid.

Before the trial, the 21-year-old from Wyoming, Ohio, said he had tried to steal a propaganda banner as a trophy for an acquaintance who wanted to hang it in her church. That would be grounds in North Korea for a subversion charge.

Comment

He has been sentenced to 15 years of hard labor. Idiot!
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

And what gets me, is family and politicians are ranting that the "US is not doing all it can" to get that kid sent back.. Sorry but why should the US govt swoop in to save him when it was his own stupidity that got his butt in trouble?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    And what gets me, is family and politicians are ranting that the "US is not doing all it can" to get that kid sent back.. Sorry but why should the US govt swoop in to save him when it was his own stupidity that got his butt in trouble?
                    I suspect that it is the expectation that has been built up over decades of our society insulating and protecting people from having to face the consequences of stupid decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      This is North Korea. Its not like we are the best terms since they threaten to blow us up every other week

I believe their isn't much that can be done
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Even worse, he might end up getting killed if N. Korea has a temper tantrum.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          This is North Korea. Its not like we are the best terms since they threaten to blow us up every other week

I believe their isn't much that can be done
                          Which is why i can't understand why ANY American would travel there..

Comment

Unwise decision on his part, can only hope there is some 'political' backroom deal to get the kid out
                            sigpic

Comment

All I know is what the internet says............

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...whats-internet
                              sigpic
                              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Working...
                              X