Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 25323334353637 LastLast

Default Re: The Department of Boneheadedness.

Seen the article in your neck of the woods about the cleaning lady stuck 3 days in a Manhattan elevator?

Only have the French version but you can probably find it elsewhere

https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/i...a-new-york.php
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
    Wait a minute. POTUS has an ''evangelical advisor group'' ?!?
    Well at least they aren't asking for private jets this time around...

Seen the article in your neck of the woods about the cleaning lady stuck 3 days in a Manhattan elevator?

Only have the French version but you can probably find it elsewhere

https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/i...a-new-york.php
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...evator-n963596
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Well at least they aren't asking for private jets this time around...
    I'm not familiar with what you're saying?
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

I'm not familiar with what you're saying?
    Some televangelist asked for a "donations" for a private jet, not a simple learjet (which would still be ridiculous and unnecessary), but a rather luxurious and big one for help to "spread the word".

Some televangelist asked for a "donations" for a private jet, not a simple learjet (which would still be ridiculous and unnecessary), but a rather luxurious and big one for help to "spread the word".
    !!

Yes I do remember that now, thanks.
    Spoiler:

I want to nominate this woman
    Jelgate is right

Captain

Slovenia MP quits after stealing sandwich

A member of the Slovenian parliament has stepped down after stealing a sandwich from a shop in Ljubljana where he says he was ignored by staff.

Darij Krajcic told local media he was annoyed at being "treated like air" and decided to test the supermarket's security by walking out.

The theft went unnoticed but the ruling Marjan Sarec List (LMS) party member insisted he later returned to pay.

Mr Krajcic has apologised, saying he regretted his "social experiment".
    It's funny, but at the same time many politicians could learn from this.
    If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Spoiler:

Captain

This is the kind of stuff that I used to deal with at my old job:

RYANAIR PASSENGER WHOSE NAME AUTOCORRECTED TO LUKEWARM FACES £100 BILL

A Ryanair passenger is challenging a €115 (£100) fee for changing his name back to “Luke” after autocorrect changed it to “Lukewarm”.

Luke Bradley from Wicklow in Ireland faces the name-change fee after a booking mistake on a €50 (£43) ticket.

The airline has a 48-hour cooling-off period in which booking errors can be corrected free of charge.

After that Ryanair imposes no fee for putting “minor errors” right, but in common with other carriers generally limits this to three letters.

Ryanair says: “Full name changes will still occur a name-change fee.

“In certain situations it may be cheaper to purchase a new flight, rather than paying for a name change.”

Mr Bradley took to Twitter to publicise his discussion about the mistake: “Gabi the senior customer service rep insisting Lukewarm is a name.”

He included a screen grab of the heated live-chat conversation in which he wrote, in exasperation: “My first name is down as Lukewarm Bradley. I DIDN’T ENTER that. It’s not even a name.”

Mr Bradley told The Independent that Ryanair had been tepid in its response: “It’s outrageous they can’t change this.”

A spokesperson for Ryanair said: “It is each customer’s responsibility to ensure the name on the booking matches the name on their passport and we offer a 48 hour grace period to correct minor booking errors.

“This customer requested a name change nine days after making the booking.”

In January the personal finance organisation Money Saving Expert accused Ryanair of having a glitch in its reservation system which changed passengers’ last names to that of the lead traveller.

More than 160 passengers claimed the low-cost airline had automatically changed their companions’ surnames after booking to match that of the person buying the tickets.
    I've seen people's names auto-corrected from Paulette to Toilet, or from Dimitry to Dirty.

Lesson number one: turn off the damn auto correct when buying stuff. You can turn it back on when you go back to texting

Lesson number two: check your tickets as soon as you have booked it, not two weeks later. Many airlines have a "grace period" of between 24 and 48 hours for fixing minor stuff.

Lesson number three: cheap can be expensive. Ryanair prides itself on flying planeloads of people who hate them but fly with them anyway. When booking a low-cost airline, be ten times more careful.
    If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Quote Originally Posted by Womble View Post
    This is the kind of stuff that I used to deal with at my old job:

I've seen people's names auto-corrected from Paulette to Toilet, or from Dimitry to Dirty.

Lesson number one: turn off the damn auto correct when buying stuff. You can turn it back on when you go back to texting

Lesson number two: check your tickets as soon as you have booked it, not two weeks later. Many airlines have a "grace period" of between 24 and 48 hours for fixing minor stuff.

Lesson number three: cheap can be expensive. Ryanair prides itself on flying planeloads of people who hate them but fly with them anyway. When booking a low-cost airline, be ten times more careful.
    Lesson 1 should be "turn the blasted thing off permanently as your 5-year-old kid probably knows how to spell better than that stupid computer/phone"

Quote Originally Posted by mad_gater View Post
    Lesson 1 should be "turn the blasted thing off permanently as your 5-year-old kid probably knows how to spell better than that stupid computer/phone"
    With the state of the schools these days, surely you jest. You don't think they actually teach them useful things like reading, writing and arithmetic any more, do you?
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."

Elderly women use canes to fend off man who attacked Edmonton priest

Guess this guy didn't reckon that some old people still have some fight left in 'em

Since we are on the justice warrior topic:

Kelowna Batman offers assistance to RCMP
    Spoiler:

Dust Devil sends inflatable bounce house airborne in China

“The nature of this accident is also not yet known, as it is still unclear whether … it was an incident partly caused by human factors,” said Shi Jinghan, an official with the county government who told media that two children died at the scene of the accident, the Post reported.
    About the only "human factors" that could cause a strong dust devil like that are maybe every visitor there letting one rip at the same time...and maybe all the hot air that comes out of this gasbag's mouth

Spoiler:

I saw that...if he tried that in Texas he'd've wound up looking like Swiss cheese

Quote Originally Posted by mad_gater View Post
    I saw that...if he tried that in Texas he'd've wound up looking like Swiss cheese
    Cashiers have sawed-offs under the counter in Texas?
    Spoiler:

more likely the many other customers armed with concealed weaponry all shooting at the guy at the same time but that too probably...although I'd love to see the guy try that if Donnie Yen were his cashier

As I understand it, that's considered small arms down there.