• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ellcrys (110)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE SHANNARA CHRONICLES - SEASON ONE
    ELLCRYS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 110
    With the Dagda Mor's army closing in on the Elvin city, Wil and Amberle rush to Arborlon in hopes of restoring the Ellcyrs -- though Amberle knows that it will come at great cost. Meanwhile Bandon escapes his captivity, and Allanon and Ander lead their allies against the approaching horde.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 03 March 2016, 08:31 PM.

This episode was pretty good, and I enjoyed it well enough. I'll probably watch next season. Hopefully some of the actors get better between seasons. Manu Bennett was the only good actor whose character made it through the season. The girl playing Eretria got a lot better as the season went on, but the guy playing Ander is especially bad. I think he actually got worse as the season went on, or maybe he just seemed worse because he had more to do towards the end (he's pretty nice looking eye candy though lol).

I wish they hadn't turned Wil, Amberle, and Eretria' s dynamic into a love triangle, so that Wil and Amberle' s relationship would have felt more genuine and therefore made Amberle's sacrifice feel more poignent. I wish there was a little less romance and teen angst in general on this show though, there was a little too much of that this season. It felt really high-school drama at times, and as an adult, I sometimes felt silly watching it. It might have been what they were going for though (the high school drama feel), but if it was, I think they focused on too narrow a demographic (especially since it's based on a book series that was written so long ago). This isn't the only show I watch with teen characters, and I usually don't feel silly/embarassed while watching those shows.
    sigpic

Comment

I am a fan of the books and what they did to the Elfstones is beyond words (read: horrible) but the ending with Amberle and Ellcrys was just unbelievable. I waited for this amazing scene and then she opened a door!

Comment

Working...
      X