• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hakeldama (305)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE 100 - SEASON THREE
    HAKELDAMA
    EPISODE NUMBER - 305
    Pike leads a massacre of a Grounder encampment that threatens to destroy the fragile peace, and Clarke infiltrates Arkadia to try and make things right. Meanwhile Jaha arrives in the settlement with a spiritual message, and Murphy and Emori make trouble on the road.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 17 April 2016, 08:52 PM.

Man do i feel Bellamy needs his head knocked around. And glad Clarke was able to somewhat defuse the situation. BUT i did agree with what Bellamy said to clarke when they saw one another.
    As for Octavia, if i was her, i would have flat out told Bellamy "you continue with this, you are dead to me. Cause no brother of mine is this idiotic".

Comment

Despite the "deal" at the end, I rather doubt the grounders are going to forget about their army being slaughtered and live happily ever after.

Pike is being portrayed as evil, but he and Bellamy have a point; the grounders started this war, they attack the ark dwellers shortly after they landed. Their whole society seems built upon war, so I don't think it's reasonable to expect them to be peaceful neighbors.

So from the perspective of the Ark people, wiping the grounders out is a valid strategy, but they should have done it a long time ago.

Comment

Ah, so only a dead Grounder is a good Grounder? Wait, I heard that before somewhere... I think about 250 years ago the White Settlers said the same about Native Americans.

Sorry, I´m with the Grounders on this one. They were there first and have all the right to defend themselves against any indruders. Even if they had a rough start, the first Arkers lived (relatively) peacefully the last 3 months with the Grounders and tried hard to keep that peace... until the Farmstation group arrived. Even if they had a hard time among the Ice Nation, it´s no excuse for a massacre and his treatment of the sick ones.
        Also, I can see Lexa change, but not Pike.
        The Arkers are not exactly angels either, seeing as they come from a society where the punishment to EVERY crime was death if you're adult. Arker society and Grounder society have more in common than you want to admit.

Besides, even if they wanted to, they could never wipe out the Grounders.

Hmm, Jaha is back in Arkadia as kind of the savior, so far not many seem to believe him. It´s a pity Raven fell for his beliefs. I hope that chip can be removed somehow (I hadn´t realise before, you had to swallow it...)
        Last edited by Gatecat; 19 February 2016, 09:46 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
          Pike is being portrayed as evil, but he and Bellamy have a point; the grounders started this war, they attack the ark dwellers shortly after they landed. Their whole society seems built upon war, so I don't think it's reasonable to expect them to be peaceful neighbors.

So from the perspective of the Ark people, wiping the grounders out is a valid strategy, but they should have done it a long time ago.

True they did start the attacks, but you could also see it as they defended their territory against trespassers.

Originally posted by Gatecat View Post
          Hmm, Jaha is back in Arkadia as kind of the savior, so far not many seem to believe him. It´s a pity Raven fell for his beliefs. I hope that chip can be removed somehow (I hadn´t realise before, you had to swallow it...)
          I was shocked Raven fell for the BS..

Comment

Originally posted by Gatecat View Post
            Ah, so only a dead Grounder is a good Grounder? Wait, I heard that before somewhere... I think about 250 years ago the White Settlers said the same about Native Americans.

Sorry, I´m with the Grounders on this one. They were there first and have all the right to defend themselves against any indruders. Even if they had a rough start, the first Arkers lived (relatively) peacefully the last 3 months with the Grounders and tried hard to keep that peace... until the Farmstation group arrived. Even if they had a hard time among the Ice Nation, it´s no excuse for a massacre and his treatment of the sick ones.
            Also, I can see Lexa change, but not Pike.
            The Arkers are not exactly angels either, seeing as they come from a society where the punishment to EVERY crime was death if you're adult. Arker society and Grounder society have more in common than you want to admit.
            The Grounders didn't even bother to ask the initial 100 what they were doing or even make a territorial claim before attacking. That puts them in the aggressors role as far as I'm concerned.

Once the Ark itself had deorbited and crashed, I think the Ark folks had enough firepower to take out the grounders, if they chose. 21st century or later firearms against knives and arrows is a pretty big advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
              The Grounders didn't even bother to ask the initial 100 what they were doing or even make a territorial claim before attacking. That puts them in the aggressors role as far as I'm concerned.

Once the Ark itself had deorbited and crashed, I think the Ark folks had enough firepower to take out the grounders, if they chose. 21st century or later firearms against knives and arrows is a pretty big advantage.
              The Grounders didn´t introduce themselfs rightaway, true. I wouldn't exactly greet them with open arms either, given their bad experiance with the Mountain Men. But I´m sure they watched the first 100. And seeing the kids initial enthusiasm to get to Mount Weather they probably concluded they are on their arch enemies side. Which makes a territorial claim unnecessary.... or you coud see the spear in Jaspers chest as one. After that it was pretty clear they are not the first on the Ground.

You do realise there are a few hundred people from the Ark against probably thousands of Grounders scattered across the (eastern half of the) continent? In vast numbers arrows, spears and swords are very effective. Ever seen a rain of arrows in real? It´s quite impressive. Besides, their ammo won´t last forever.
              sigpic

Comment

Bellamy's reasoning for following Pike and wanting to go after all the Grounders (thereby trying to start a war), instead of just wanting to go after the Ice Nation still seems shallow(and forced in order to create drama). It doesn't seem like natural character development to me. At least they had Bellamy look unhappy, tell Pike that they went to far, and had Indra say that he wanted to spare her and the other wounded (though Pike wouldn't allow it and only left her alive to send a message).

Since I really haven't liked how quickly Clarke has forgiven Lexa, I liked Bellamy's conversation with her (Clarke) and I agree with a lot of what he said. I especially liked that he mentioned that Clarke was willing to let a missile drop on his sister. I've always felt that Bellamy should've been upset about that, so I'm glad that it was brought up.

I also kind of liked that Clarke wasn't able to change Bellamy's mind and that he tried to arrest her, even though I disagree with Bellamy's stance on the Grounders. I basically liked that he stood up to Clarke, even though I think Clarke was being the reasonable/ right one (again) regarding the Grounders.

On the other hand I didn't like how quickly Lexa was swayed by Clarke, I'm hoping that there's more to Lexa caving to Clarke's will so easily (though I suppose I shouldn't be surprised if there isn't, since it was Clarke talking to her) or I at least hope that there will be some negative repercussions for Lexa.

I like that Jaha's back with the others and trying to collect followers in Arkadia. I like how he kind of played up the religious fanatic angle when talking to Pike (even Alie was telling him that Pike was going to think him a fool), so that Pike would think him harmless and he could roam around camp doing his work unhindered.

I didn't particularly care for Murphy and Emori(?) robbing people on the road, though I found it interesting that when he got captured by Lexa's Gounders and they found the Alie pill, that they said it had the sacred Mark on it (or something like that). It seems like the Murphy and ALIE storyline and the Grounder storyline are coming together, and I like that.
                sigpic

Comment

Yes, at this point in time, the Ark people have no business attacking the grounders, they can't possibly win a protracted conflict.

I'm saying that given the demonstrated hostile nature of the grounders, and their equally well demonstrated lack of trustworthiness, there have been times in the past when they had the resources to take the grounders out. And I think they should have done so. They could have moved into Mt Weather, an impregnable fortress as far as the grounders are concerned, which just happens to be well stocked with weapons, including missiles.
                  The grounders had been at war with the Mt Men for how long? Clearly they couldn't do anything against Mt. Weather.
                  OF course, they couldn't do that in the show, or they wouldn't have a story anymore.. But from a survival aspect, I think that would have been the smartest thing for the Ark people to do.

Comment

I never thought Bellamy would go this far. He crossed a line he can never come back from. They say it's war? It was a slaughter, plain and simple. It's mass murder. Killing people while they sleep, killing the injured while they can't defend themselves. That's the cowards way. What Lexa done at Mount Weather was bad, but what Bellamy and the others done was so much worse. How can they ever be forgiven for that? The people involved in the slaughter has to be punished if they all get through this crisis in one piece.

Bellamy does have a point in regards to Clarke, but Clarke has always tried to do what's best for her people. What Pike, Bellamy and the others done was for revenge. Plain and simple.
                    sigpic

Comment

The thing is that Pike and Bellamy are probably thinking what they are doing is for their people. You are right that its revenge but its not that simple.
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

I think for Pike it is that simple. He wants revenge and he'll do it in the most cowardly way possible. For Bellamy I think it's more. He's hurting badly after Mount Weather gets blown up with his girlfriend inside so I don't think he's thinking straight. It makes people do some stupid things. But it doesn't excuse the fact they massacred those people, some of them in their sleep, murdered the sick and injured. That is something that can never be forgiven. They crossed a line, there's no going back after that.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X