Magicians on SyFy ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ESESEL View Post
    Yeah, it's surprisingly good. The characters are epic (Mayakovsky!).
    I am actually surprised by the non-censoring this Series is doing. I mean Quentin with his Nails, the Rabbit scene and Episode 9 took that to all new levels. At least I have not heard the F Bomb being dropped so regularly. Am I just so out of current TV, or is all that allowed by now?

Originally posted by Starchs View Post
    Can anybody tell want happen between episode 3 and 4 because I couldn't make the leap to what happen. I actually went to episode guide just to see I got the order right.
    Well, Alice left the School after finding out what happened to her Brother. Julia was so angry at Quentin for not helping her, that she went Full blown Inception on him and locked him inside his mind. Any other thing?
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

This is probably one of the best series currently on now. The dark harry potter vibe really works for me.

Comment

I too love the dark Harry Potter vibe
        Last Movie Watched
        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
        Life is Strange

Comment

The Season was awesome, but I got to seriously ask if thats where the current standard for accaptable content is? The first half was aweseome, with the second going more sexual and disturbing by the Episode. Dont get me wrong, I want more and luckily there will be a second Season. Which even prompts me more to ask if this is appropiate now?
          Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
          Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

It has been renewed already
            Last Movie Watched
            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
            Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
              It has been renewed already
              I know, still with shows being cancelled that easily over ratings, this isnt? Its awesome, but way raunchier than I expected from current TV.
              Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
              Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

I think this show is fairly safe for season 2 and its not going to pull another like HBO's The Brink (ie get renewed then canned a few months later) this show stronger in every way imo
                Last edited by mr_kennedy; 15 April 2016, 04:07 PM.
                Last Movie Watched
                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                Life is Strange

Comment

And yeah i actually really loved The Magicians, maybe more so than The Expanse even, i know different genres but only going of my personal enjoyment, and i can't wait for season 2

Would be nice if it could get its own section
                  Last Movie Watched
                  X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                  Life is Strange

Comment

I tried to watch this show, but it didn't keep my attention.
                    sigpic

Comment

I just spent the last two days catching up on this. Not a bad offering from Syfy.

Between this, The Expanse, and 12 Monkeys I'd say that Syfy has a pretty good slate of Winter/Spring shows now.
                      sigpic

Comment

I ended up watching the whole first season on Netflix shortly before the new season started. I thought it was ok. I pretty much disliked all of the characters other than Julia and Penny. I found Julia's storyline the most interesting, and Penny was such a jerk that he was entertaining to me (he also seemed to be acting like a jerk to keep people at a distance).

Anyone watching the second season? So far, I like it a whole lot more than the first. I'm liking the characters a lot more, even Quentin, who I couldn't stand for the majority of the first season (he only bacame kind of tolerable/interesting to me around the last two eps of season one).
                        Spoiler:
                        Even though it most likely will end badly for her, I'm really enjoying Julia's partnership with the Beast right now. I think the Beast is a really entertaining character lol. I'm also really liking Eliot a lot this season.
                        sigpic

Comment

Loved the first season and loving the second so far. All the characters are awful though but that is ok with me. Nice change of pace.

Comment

2x03

Spoiler:
                            I kind of loved this episode. It started out fun with everyone trying to kill each other because of the curse, but ended on a serious/sad note. I was actually really starting to like Alice. I'm also going to miss The Beast and Marina, I really liked both characters.
                            sigpic

Comment

Loving this show, probably more so than the expanse at the minute, not that I don't love that show as well.

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                              2x03

Spoiler:
                              I kind of loved this episode. It started out fun with everyone trying to kill each other because of the curse, but ended on a serious/sad note. I was actually really starting to like Alice. I'm also going to miss The Beast and Marina, I really liked both characters.
                              Spoiler:

I got the feeling the gang will be force to resurrect the "beast" to defeat that murdering, raping, eating fingers god. He died way to easily.

An there got to be side effects of the god taking a **** in that well.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                                Loving this show, probably more so than the expanse at the minute, not that I don't love that show as well.

Spoiler:

I got the feeling the gang will be force to resurrect the "beast" to defeat that murdering, raping, eating fingers god. He died way to easily.

An there got to be side effects of the god taking a **** in that well.
                                I still like The Expanse more overall, but right now this show is more fun.

Spoiler:
                                LOL, yeah, I wonder if what Ember did is going to negatively affect Fillory/magic even more or if it might help since he is a god.

I really hope The Beast comes back I really liked him and he did seem to go down too easily. There was a blue moth/butterfly that came out of him at the end maybe he's still alive in that and can be resurrected LOL, I just really want him back. He was such a fun character this season.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X