Magicians on SyFy ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magicians on SyFy ?

Anyone see this yet? I'm curious if it's worth it?

I'm waiting for the book from the library, but the sample I read from Amazon was pretty good.

(my apologies if there is another thread...I looked but didn't see one)

I watched the pilot last month when they had a sneak premiere after the final part of Childhood's End. Didn't impress me much, not familiar with the books, although I've heard good things about them. I caught the second ep online a few days ago, but haven't seen the third yet. There are a couple of characters I like, a few I don't, but it's too soon to tell if it will hold my attention. It is a bit derivative of other things, like Harry Potter and Chronicles of Narnia. Not knowing what other things you like, I'd say give it a shot, you might like it more than me.

Comment

Well, I am 3 Episodes in and so far its a mixed bag for me. I like some of the Characters, with the protagonist being a fail in my opinion. The Story feels all over the place for me and it feels like it got a really weird pacing. I guess I should better give the books a try.
      Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
      Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
      There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

I'm still trying to get through the first episode (I started watching it a while ago, but couldn't get into it, I tried picking up where I left off the other day, but I only got about halfway through before stopping again). I was planning on giving it another try later on today or tomorrow. Like ecgordon mentioned, it really reminds me of a more adult mix of Harry Potter and Chronicles of Narnia.
        sigpic

Comment

I'll admit to starting the first episode and falling asleep....I may try again when I've cleared the DVR of everything else new.

Comment

I watched what I guess was Episode 1 this evening. I got about halfway through it before changing the channel.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              I watched what I guess was Episode 1 this evening. I got about halfway through it before changing the channel.
              If you're talking about the one that started about 9:50pm EST immediately after the movie The Devil's Advocate, you are correct, it was a repeat of the pilot. I've seen the first two, not sure if I'll bother with more. There's just too many other things that interest me more right now. Plus I'm reading a lot of books these days that interest me more too.

Comment

Judging by the comments, this Series is here to stay.
                Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Just finished watching last week's episode (No.3) and I'm really enjoying this show. A unique take on magic, to be sure.

Each of the characters have their own separate (and sometimes, opposing) motivations for pursuing magic. The Julia character, in particular, is developing into a rival protagonist for the lead. It's cool that he is not a Harry Potter-type; his teachers go out of their way to remind him that kind of sucks at magic.

I'll definitely keep watching.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorne View Post
                    Just finished watching last week's episode (No.3) and I'm really enjoying this show. A unique take on magic, to be sure.

Each of the characters have their own separate (and sometimes, opposing) motivations for pursuing magic. The Julia character, in particular, is developing into a rival protagonist for the lead. It's cool that he is not a Harry Potter-type; his teachers go out of their way to remind him that kind of sucks at magic.

Still it reminds me much of Heroes. You have all these Story Arcs that might converge at the Season finale, but do not really make up a coherent Episode. Its hard to know who or what to focus on.
                    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Originally posted by Lorne View Post

I might give this a shot it sounds ok, shame they canceled Dresden Files

Comment

Actually, this is pretty good. Its confusing as hell, since nothing is really explained and everyone just goes with it, but after 6 Episodes I am actually hooked. Well, better late than never.
                        Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                        Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

im loving this show, cant wait to watch it week to week
                          Last Movie Watched
                          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                          Life is Strange

Comment

Yeah, it's surprisingly good. The characters are epic (Mayakovsky!).

Comment

Can anybody tell want happen between episode 3 and 4 because I couldn't make the leap to what happen. I actually went to episode guide just to see I got the order right.

Comment

Working...
                              X