Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seasons 4 & 5 - Something that's always bugged me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

season 4&5 were also done by Mallozi and Mullie in control of the show, which probably had an impact on the directatorial style and editing.
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I got the feeling that some of the cast and crew were ready to move on to different projects but stayed for the paychecks.....not that I can blame them for that.
      I like Sharky
      sigpic

Comment

The truth is - and I've probably mentioned this before - when it was decided that SG-1 and SGA would run their seasons in the same year, that meant that the writers had to write 40 episodes A YEAR instead of just 20. That had an impact on the SGA as well, as the writers clearly weren't ready to run 2 shows at the same time. On one side, they had SG-1, which was a well-established show at that point, but on the other side, hey had a show that was new at the time - SGA. Scripts and all pre-production stuff has to be completed before filming starts. That gave the writers less time to think about the SGA characters and its whole general storyline, hence why the writers had Ronnon replace Ford in the show. By the time SGA reached S03, it was already and basically a re-hashed SG-1 series in a lot of areas.
        So when they took over the show, Malozzi and Maulie figured that the show was busted already and thus, served us with the last two seasons which were directed, filmed and written different than the first three. Plus if it hadn't been for the writers strike, they would've probably ended up doing SGU earlier. By the time they finished filming SGA S05, they were ready to launch SGU, because they submitted the idea for the series to the production company earlier and got the approval.

Comment

I think that season 5 was horrible, but 1, 2 and 3 were very well done. 4 was a mixed bag, as I hated all the replicator stuff but loved the Wraith related stuff, like "Midway" - one of my all time favourites.
          Hi, I'm currently working on a new Thread called...
          Stargate SG-1 Season 11 and Onwards

Come and take a look in the Fan Fiction section if you are interested!
          Current Episode - 11x08 - "Abduction"

Comment

Really not feeling the hate on S5. It is possible in my recent re-watch of everything, that I just had it on as background noise while doing other stuff on my laptop, and wasn't really thinking about "fine tuned" episode quality. I suppose I could go back and look at S5 again, especially if anyone or any past posts have identified any supposed "worst episodes ever".

I will say categorically: Vegas ROCKS! Gotta love saving Earth with a wimpy handgun and dying for it, when you had enough cash in the bag to be set for life (as we know it).

Comment

Working...
            X