Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seasons 4 & 5 - Something that's always bugged me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seasons 4 & 5 - Something that's always bugged me.

Always noticed that as soon as you get into season 4 everything just 'feels' and 'sounds' different.
    Is it just me?

Its like when SG-1 went into season 9 (I loathe to even affiliate seasons 9 and 10 with SG-1... But hey ho) it just felt completely different, season 4 just feels exactly like that.

I dunno if its that they used different equipment or editing but it just feels like something is waaay off from the previous seasons.

Season 4 and 5 had different leaders than the previous three. That was a big difference.

Comment

yeah im not so much talking about the plot.
      Its more the fact that the actual camerawork and sound and everything is different. Just sounds and looks worse.

Comment

They went for a darker feel a.k.a. someone forgot to pay the electrical bill.

However, I'm not a fan of season 4 or 5, and definitely didn't like that grittier, darker feeling they tried to convey. It didn't fit. Probably a pre-vis test for SGU.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

We all know the real reason little lemmening
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            We all know the real reason little lemmening

*sailing on the Nile*
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I get what you mean, there was definately a tonal shift in the series and while there were some really good episodes in seasons 4 and 5 somehow it just never seemed quite the show it had been.

Comment

Originally posted by Arica15 View Post
                I get what you mean, there was definately a tonal shift in the series and while there were some really good episodes in seasons 4 and 5 somehow it just never seemed quite the show it had been.
                it wasn't, by the time they began season 4, they were in pre production for SGU, and they were trying to figure out which sets of atlantis they can use and which ones they can tear down.

Comment

In my opinion Season 5 was terrible, there was only 3 episodes that I felt were any good. They are :

Adrift
                  Lifeline
                  Vegas

I know a lot of people don't like Vegas, but I thought it was a really interesting Stargate episode. Everything else I just can't watch.

Season 4 was a little better, but I believe after season 1 which was great, SGA was on its way down hill. Especially once they introduced the retro virus and Michael arcs. Bad idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Starrtom View Post
                    In my opinion Season 5 was terrible, there was only 3 episodes that I felt were any good. They are :

Adrift
                    Lifeline
                    Vegas

I know a lot of people don't like Vegas, but I thought it was a really interesting Stargate episode. Everything else I just can't watch.

Season 4 was a little better, but I believe after season 1 which was great, SGA was on its way down hill. Especially once they introduced the retro virus and Michael arcs. Bad idea.
                    "Lifeline" was in Season 4.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                      "Lifeline" was in Season 4.
                      Sorry you are totally correct. Therefore I only like one episode in season 5, "VEGAS".

Comment

I would agree with S5 but I'd rather watch S4 than S2 and S3.
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          I would agree with S5 but I'd rather watch S4 than S2 and S3.
                          Season 2,3,4 to me were like a Jekyle and Hyde, total hit and miss. Some episodes were pretty good, but mostly in my thoughts "whatever".

Comment

For me I quite liked season 1,2 & 3 but I wasn't a fan of season 4 & 5 due to the fact the episodes weren't the best and quite frankly the ending to sga was HORRIBLE. I'm not saying I hate season 4 & 5 I'm just saying it wasnt the best and it could have been better. I also did notice a change so that kinda put me off.
                            Lose it. It means go crazy. Nuts. Insane. Bonzo. No longer in possession of one's faculties. Three fries short of a happy meal...WACKO!

Comment

I personally only like season 1 of SGA - maybe half of season 2 at a push but that's about it.
                              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Working...
                              X