• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruby Slippers (518)

Visit the Episode GuideONCE UPON A TIME - SEASON FIVE
    RUBY SLIPPERS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 518
    In flashbacks, Ruby and Mulan find themselves in Oz, where they meet Dorothy. After the three witness Zelena's return to Oz, they look for a way to defeat her once and for all. However, Dorothy mysteriously disappears, and Ruby's search for her new friend lands her in the Underworld. Reunited with the heroes, Ruby teams up with Emma, Regina and Snow to continue looking for Dorothy. (ABC)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 13 April 2016, 10:41 PM.

Well that was.... interesting.... to say the least.. So we now have 3 lesbians in our fairy tales.. Ruby, Mulan and now Dorothy..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      Well that was.... interesting.... to say the least.. So we now have 3 lesbians in our fairy tales.. Ruby, Mulan and now Dorothy..
      Looks like the writers got a issue with writing confident and independent Women without making them gay. Luckily thats it though with our single Ladies from Disney Movies... I hope. If Elsa returns with a Girlfriend I am going to scream.
      Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
      Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
      There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
        Looks like the writers got a issue with writing confident and independent Women without making them gay. Luckily thats it though with our single Ladies from Disney Movies... I hope. If Elsa returns with a Girlfriend I am going to scream.
        This wont happen because it'd go against Disney's conditions given to using the character for season four. Of which changing the character in any manner {magic or otherwise} would break the terms and conditions given by the Disney execs to A&E in order to use Elsa and Anna on the show. Adam and Eddie agreed to those terms and cannot go back on them. Ontop of that the Frozen gang wont be returning to the show either, their storyline was season four's first half only, those characters were 'put back on the shelf and wont be revisted'

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

As i have said in other threads on this subject. It almost seems to me like these shows do it, just to 'hit the LGBT demographic'.. Not for any real storyline reason (well that i can see)..

Comment

As i have said in other threads on this subject. It almost seems to me like these shows do it, just to 'hit the LGBT demographic'.. Not for any real storyline reason (well that i can see)..
            I get the LGBT demographic and I am actually happy that gay relationships are being mentioned in TV Shows. Having 3 lesbian Characters for no reason, is a little too much for me though. I hope they dont start thinking of adding a homosexual into the mix as well. Then we can already rename the show to "Once upon a feather Boa".
            Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
            Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Its one thing to mention it, as a nod. BUT another entirely (IMO) to cater to by having damn near every modern show focus (or have as one of the mainstays) a gay/lesbian/transgendered. Heck a good # of the comedy shows are flat out focused ON that..

Comment

Its one thing to mention it, as a nod. BUT another entirely (IMO) to cater to by having damn near every modern show focus (or have as one of the mainstays) a gay/lesbian/transgendered. Heck a good # of the comedy shows are flat out focused ON that..
                Try not to see it too negative. I am gay myself and even I do not approve of this over representation. Hollywood is on that train right now and everyone wants to get in on it. As in so many other situations, the many ruin it for the few that are honest. Glee really meant well, as did many other shows, OUAT however is not on that list.
                Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Try not to see it too negative. I am gay myself and even I do not approve of this over representation. Hollywood is on that train right now and everyone wants to get in on it. As in so many other situations, the many ruin it for the few that are honest. Glee really meant well, as did many other shows, OUAT however is not on that list.
                  The thing is, with Glee, a good chunk OF the show was devoted specifically to 'fighting stereotypes and fighting prejudice.. So i had no issues with their glut of gays/lesbians and even the transgendered "uniq"..
                  However this show is more about fairytales come to life, and i don't remember a single one where anyone may have been gay or otherwise.. So to push it in, is imo just wrong as heck.

Comment

The thing is, with Glee, a good chunk OF the show was devoted specifically to 'fighting stereotypes and fighting prejudice.. So i had no issues with their glut of gays/lesbians and even the transgendered "uniq"..
                    However this show is more about fairytales come to life, and i don't remember a single one where anyone may have been gay or otherwise.. So to push it in, is imo just wrong as heck.
                    Again, try not to take it to serious. And to be honest, Mulan was very genderconfusing even for herself, so thats at least one of the 3 where the Lesbian angle fits somewhat. I do agree with you, but in general I dont find representation once in a while bad.
                    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Working...
                    X