• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devil’s Due (514)

Visit the Episode GuideONCE UPON A TIME - SEASON FIVE
    DEVIL'S DUE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 514
    Hook's captivity takes a dark turn when Hades threatens to condemn him to the River of Lost Souls. Meanwhile, Gold is suddenly eager to help Emma, and Snow, David, Regina, Robin and Henry find Hook so he can return home to Belle. In Fairy Tale Land flashbacks, Rumple and Milah face a life-or-death crisis concerning their son, Baelfire, that forces Rumple to make a deal that will haunt him. (ABC)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 18 March 2016, 10:06 PM.

Great episode how's rumble gonna get out of this one
    Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
    sigpic

Comment

Lie like always.. Personally i am sick and tired of him saying he wants to change, to be nice, then turning right around and proving WHY hook keeps saying "The snake won't change its skin".. I hope they LEAVE him in hell when they return.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
        Lie like always.. Personally i am sick and tired of him saying he wants to change, to be nice, then turning right around and proving WHY hook keeps saying "The snake won't change its skin".. I hope they LEAVE him in hell when they return.
        You're too nice. I hope he not only gets left, but also ends up in the worse place, whatever that is.
        Meh...

Comment

Rumple may be strong in dark magic, but he's still just a sniveling coward. Always has been; always will be. But this time, he's really mucked things up.

Comment

Heck, i would love it, if someone shoved HIM into that river of lost souls.

Comment

Fantastic episode, one of the best in recent years. I really loved it. Robert Carlyle seemed to really enjoy himself. Wouldn't mind if the show became about Rumple now, the rest of the cast have become so boring.
              The reunion with Milah and subsequent introduction with Emma was perfect. I loved seeing him and Milah finally sort of forgive each other until Rumple picked the wrong path... again(but at least this time there was build-up to it unlike the awful twist at the end of 5x11).
              "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                Fantastic episode, one of the best in recent years. I really loved it. Robert Carlyle seemed to really enjoy himself. Wouldn't mind if the show became about Rumple now, the rest of the cast have become so boring.
                The reunion with Milah and subsequent introduction with Emma was perfect. I loved seeing him and Milah finally sort of forgive each other until Rumple picked the wrong path... again(but at least this time there was build-up to it unlike the awful twist at the end of 5x11).
                Agree mostly.

Though, why do you think Rumple picked the wrong path? Didn't Hades offered him to "solve" this little problem or he'll kill all of them? Which is of course a quite fair trade, with hundreds of possible solutions for him to choose from.

Hades didn't look and behave like someone who doesn't keep his promises, so that means it would be better if Hades had killed them all. Rule included, of course.
                sigpic

Comment

Hades could kill all of them at any time, so I don't doubt that Rumple could've found another way. He also could've tried manipulating Milah. After all, Hades never told him to explicitly toss her in the River of Lost Souls. He could've wiped Milah's memory(if Regina could do it to Henry, surely Rumple could manage it) or hid her or something and still get away with the lie. He just chose the easy, dark path.

Besides, he knows that Hades would prefer to toy with them rather than just kill them all.
                  "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                    Hades could kill all of them at any time, so I don't doubt that Rumple could've found another way. He also could've tried manipulating Milah. After all, Hades never told him to explicitly toss her in the River of Lost Souls. He could've wiped Milah's memory(if Regina could do it to Henry, surely Rumple could manage it) or hid her or something and still get away with the lie. He just chose the easy, dark path.

Besides, he knows that Hades would prefer to toy with them rather than just kill them all.
                    Can dead people be manipulated in the same way living people can be? Sure, without clear rules it is always possible to explain everything in any way you want to.

It seems to me just a little bit idiotic to give Milah and Rumple a well meant scene full of honesty from both sides in the boat and nullify all of that on a whim, as if that wasn't in any way meaningful. It doesn't make sense to me. As you see it it looks to much like Rumple is bad for the sake of it. It seems a little bit to shallow for my taste. But maybe that's what Once is: shallow, IDK.
                    sigpic

Comment

Milah - so you slept with my son and my ex lover

i found that comment way funnier than i should have
                      Last Movie Watched
                      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                      Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by Artemis-Neith View Post
                        Can dead people be manipulated in the same way living people can be? Sure, without clear rules it is always possible to explain everything in any way you want to.

It seems to me just a little bit idiotic to give Milah and Rumple a well meant scene full of honesty from both sides in the boat and nullify all of that on a whim, as if that wasn't in any way meaningful. It doesn't make sense to me. As you see it it looks to much like Rumple is bad for the sake of it. It seems a little bit to shallow for my taste. But maybe that's what Once is: shallow, IDK.
                        It's Season 5 Once, we shouldn't expect too much.

Comment

Working...
                        X