This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farewell Moffat, and 2016...

Mr Moffat will step down as showrunner after the next season of Doctor Who... which will air in 2017.

Yes, 2017.

We will only get a Christmas Special this year.

Chris Chibnall to take over the chair...

So, let's hope X Files reboots proper, cos I think we may need it soon.
    back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
    and lots more!

I'm pretty positive about Chibnall. He's like a modern Terrance Dicks, nothing he does is super outstanding, but nothing flat-out sucks either. He's reliable and after the rollercoaster Moffat era, just what we need.
    The extra time may help the Moff to iron out his writing, like in 2009.
    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

I was hoping for Toby Whithouse, but Chibnall will do.

Comment

Why is everyone saying Whithouse? The only good Doctor Who episode he did was School Reunion, 10 years ago.
        "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

I don't know about "everyone," only myself. I don't think the eps Chibnall wrote are any better, plus I thought that overall Being Human was better than Torchwood. It's just an opinion anyway, so why should you care?

Comment

It just kind of bugs me because Whithouse's name is everywhere and I can't see the reason for it.
            Imagine if everyone suddenly started demanding for Rob Shearman to become the next showrunner. I mean, he's had one good episode and then he disappeared. Why him?

Comment

Annoying they've delayed the series because of 'sporting events', that 1) I don't give a crap about, so won't watch 'instead of' Who, and 2) they didn't care about the sports when they dumped their coverage, so why do they now care that they're being aired on another channel?

Comment

It's likely just a cover for other reasons.

Comment

Yeah, as usual WHO plays second fiddle to other ventures. It's just SciFi after all... Nothing serious.
                  back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                  "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                  "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                  and lots more!

Comment

Working...
                  X