Shock resistance of a ZPM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shock resistance of a ZPM

I know I just posted a thread here, but this question is driving me nuts now that I've thought about it. What happens if you drop a ZPM? How shock resistant are those things? I know you can overload and explode them, because that has been a plot point at least once, but what else can destroy them? And what happens if you do?
    Anyone know? Any speculation?

Originally posted by charmscale View Post
    I know I just posted a thread here, but this question is driving me nuts now that I've thought about it. What happens if you drop a ZPM? How shock resistant are those things? I know you can overload and explode them, because that has been a plot point at least once, but what else can destroy them? And what happens if you do?
    Anyone know? Any speculation?
    Considering they built devices that could take a gigaton-nuke to the face, i would expect ZPM's to be extremely resilient.

Considering that they store energy in another dimension, the regular destruction of a ZPM would be harmless.

Comment

You've got a point.

Comment

From looking at them i agree, they seem to be resilient as heck.. More so than general glass/crystal items.

Comment

I always wondered why the number one project for McKay / Carter and all the other boffins was not to learn how to recharge ZPMs - they have access to the Atlantis database so why not just ask it.

Comment

Working...
          X