Matter Creation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matter Creation

So, has anyone noticed how often the Law of Conservation of Mass is ignored in this show? I could point to multiple events, but one in particular event stands out to me.

Spoiler Alert

In the episode where Dr Keller is almost transformed into a hive ship, the ship matter growing out of her seems to come from nowhere. What is the source? They never explain.
    Ah well. I certainly don't watch this show for the accurate science.

The tendrils latched onto the cities power supply and began eating the city itself.

Comment

They were eating energy, not matter, and the amount of energy required to make that much matter would significantly drain even a ZPM. No significant drain on the ZPM was mentioned. I'm not sure they'll even had one at that point. It requires roughly the energy in a nuclear bomb to produce even a small amount of matter. If you could even convert energy into matter. I doubt it's a process that could be performed by a biological system. Scientists can just barely get it to happen in laboratories.

Comment

Originally posted by charmscale View Post
        So, has anyone noticed how often the Law of Conservation of Mass is ignored in this show?
        I'll green you, you had me crying from laughing.

Comment

Working...
        X