Who does the cleaning in Atlantis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who does the cleaning in Atlantis?

I just had an odd thought. Who cleans Atlantis? The scientists? The Air Force personnel? The Marines? Is there some sort of rota?
    The book Reliquary mentions in passing that that there is an automatic cleaning system, but never elaborates. We never see any sort of automatic cleaning system in the show. Were there roombas just off screen? Robotic janitors that only come out at night? Nano machines that eat dust and dirt? If it's anything more complex than a roomba, how does it tell the difference between dirt and all other items that aren't Atlantis such as plant specimens or computers?
    Thanks to Legacy we know who cooks. But who cleans?

have you seen the state of the walls? no-one cleans...

Comment

Mazzoni wrote on his blog that they were going to do a housecleaning episode if there was a season 6. Not in terms of cleaning up the storylines mind you but an actual housecleaning episode where Atlantis is severely soiled by all of Rodney's discarded fruit cups, the blood splattered by Ronon's sparring partners, and all the incense Teyla burns.

They have to hire maids and the like but the IOA refuses because they believe the Atlantis expedition budget better spent on more hair gel for Colonel Sheppard.

Instead Woolsley approves a plan where, Rodney goes pick up Weir and his replicators in a jumper and reprograms them to be maids and clean Atlantis to obviously disastrous results. They couldn't get the actress that replaced the actress that played Weir so instead they use Jason Momoa dressed up in a bad wig to play Repliweir.

At the end all the replicators are destroyed and Weir is allowed to take human form and ascend ... where she finds out the ascended beings don't trust her and she has to be the maid in the ascended diner to gain their trust. Eventually she uses her expert negotiation skills to promote herself to the line cook position.

Meanwhile in Atlantis, Rodney takes a naquadah generator and combines it with a Roomba to solve the cleaning problems Atlantis has.

Comment

I forgot to add I clearly made all this up.

Most military bases have people that clean up. We see military cooks and cafeteria workers on the show so clearly there's a lot of support staff.

Comment

No, they dress a Roomba up in leather and a wig and call it a Dust Wraith.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Doesn't the city just sort of zap dust into oblivion? If not regularly, at least when there are lightning strikes or other major power inputs awarding a surplus of energy to tertiary tasks. And aren't those consoles self-servicing when you spill Coca-Cola on them?

ROTFLMAO: the ZPMs are really dustbuster modules. Dust makes everything work. No dust, no Atlantis.

Comment

Maybe, much like when you soak dishes for a while, Atlantis got a good cleaning while it was underwater all those years Or maybe when Alternate-Weir was rotating ZPM's she did a spot of cleaning every few thousand years

Comment

Being a mil man, i can say that EVERYONE in the mil does cleaning duties if they are enlisted.. Even up to the E6 level.. Heck even some O1-O2's will get pressed into cleaning during events called "Field Days"..

Comment

I would think the cleaning is done by personell we never see, because the story has its focus on other people and things.
                  Or the city cleans itself, something the Ancients invented?

Comment

Working...
                  X