Default "Altered Carbon" heading to Netflix

http://www.blastr.com/2016-1-20/cybe...flix-tv-series

Netflix is adapting the sci-fi book "Altered Carbon" by Richard Morgan as a 10 episode series.

I read the book many years ago and I remember that I really enjoyed the book but for the life of me I can't remembering anything about its plot or how it ended even after reading the synopses in the linked article

Here's hoping that Netflix manages to do the book justice and make a great sci-fi show

Default Re: "Altered Carbon" heading to Netflix

Sounds interesting. I've never read the book, but I'm looking forward to seeing what Netflix does with it. They usually have good series.

There isn't much on right now that has grabbed me but I've really enjoyed this series so far, I'm through the first 6 episodes. I've also liked Electric Dreams on Amazon, all stand alone episodes. (I believe they are written by the author of Blade Runner)

Probie

Quote Originally Posted by rkgardner2003 View Post
    There isn't much on right now that has grabbed me but I've really enjoyed this series so far, I'm through the first 6 episodes. I've also liked Electric Dreams on Amazon, all stand alone episodes. (I believe they are written by the author of Blade Runner)
    Electric Dreams episodes are based on short stories written by Phillip K Dick. He was the author of "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep" That Balde Runner was based on.

Captain

I just finished watching this, all I can say is wow, as close to x rated scifi were ever gonna get, dam.

I'm just finishing up episode 3 right now. It's an interesting series, lots of really cool concepts and a really amazing Blade Runner visual aesthetic.

There's something missing though, something that I can't quite put my finger on. I have no issue with (and quite enjoy) 'grim,' so I hesitate to say the show is missing "heart," but there's just a certain je ne sais quoi that's absent IMO. Then again, I'm still early in the show, so that could change.

12345678War910111213

The Last Great Time War