new series concept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new series concept

What would you say about a stargate series with the following premise(this is what i want to see with a little adjustments maybe):-

The goauld have been defeated. The ori have been defeated and also the wraith(or at least out of our concern). Destiny is out of contact and the Lucian alliance is conducting their terrorist attacks on earth's outposts all over the galaxy and also at war with the jaffa. Earth is at a constant threat from Lucian alliance and especially from bomb threats in their cloacked cargo ships. Earth is deploying defensive satellite weaponry and advanced sensors designed to detect cloaked activity, equipped with Asgard beams and rail guns, in orbit on a massive scale. Their concentration is on making new weapons and ships with the help from the knowledge of the ancient and asgard databases(as much as they can decipher and understand) but their dependence on naquadah based power is a hindrance, to true dominance, as they cannot decipher the secrets to the asgard power core or the zpm. They are researching everything, from making planet busting weapons and better warships to recreating the sarcophagus technology for human physique(they understand now that using the tech once or twice in grave situations won't warp anyone's mind). They are also making new anubis inspired body armors for their soldiers and new guns which have capabilities to fire both energy bursts and projectile weaponry(according to the situation). They have started programs to train people in a few weeks only as expert doctors/soldiers/scientists/pilots by using memory implant technology. They started to use the modified asgard's beaming tech of creating matter from energy on a bigger scale to produce parts for ships and eventually entire ships. Progress is slow but sg1 and others are starting to take "the fifth race" title seriously. The goal is to create hundreds of warships and in league with other human and jaffa worlds in the galaxy, to create a police force for the entire galaxy and then beyond. Earth has disclosed the existence of the stargate program to the general public along with all the great achievements in science and medicine(optional).

What now happens is that humans and jaffa expeditions are also being launched to nearby big and unexplored galaxies like Andromeda and Triangulum etc. So basically they awake a new and powerful enemy in the andromeda which was trapped in a massive time bubble powered by a black hole(or another dimension). They were trapped there for millions of years by the ancients who were at a war with them for thousands of years. And that would be when the ancients were a proper military force and in their prime and weren't all about the tree hugging ascension business and were exploring/conquering still. The enemy was as advanced as them or more and deadly, with legions of multi faced threats(kinda like an evil version of the 4 race alliance). The ancients had to do some nasty things to stop the evil and that would be part of the reason that the entire ancient race turned to meditation and ascension full time and were way past their war capabilities when they met the wraith and full on hippies. After the ancients have successfully trapped the enemy, they send a team of their special super soldiers into the future to the time when the threat is once again unleashed(can be done by time traveling or time bubble etc). The purpose is to warn and prepare anyone else who comes in contact with this threat, if the ancients are not around anymore. These soldiers are special soldiers with impenetrable armors and force shields. Their senses are supremely heightened and use their brains as much as an advanced human can and have all the powers and the perks that come with that. Their fighting and physical ability is beyond anything us tauri could imagine that the ancients could have done. They are the prime of what ancients achieved as a society. Together with their help the tauri and their allies fight this new evil and advance their tech more and more(they get the holy grail of power aka zpms at last). I would like to see two story lines in here... the current line of events as they unfold and an ancient story line with the POV of one or all of the ancients in the ancient team. So what do you guys think about this hypothetical series?

I'm not a big fan of another "ancients did stuff" premise. I would much rather see a return to the more early days of Stargate when there were multiple races that actually did cool and original things, in stead of endless "ancients did it".

Comment

a series about the four races would be fun

Comment

Originally posted by meenamjah View Post
        a series about the four races would be fun
        I think it would be more interesting to see a series about the descendants of the Four Great Races. Once galaxy in the process of being colonized by all four races as a collaborative effort, the annihilation of their main branch in the Milky Way caused the eventual collapse of civilization in this galaxy. Now, millenia later we see a four-way war between these descendants, with Earth involuntarily tied to the Ancient side even though they want none of it. The four races are very similar in nature to the originals but have no record left of what they used to be, and now adhere to very different ideas and ideals.

Comment

It seems like all stories people come up with these days is about another galaxy where the Ancients were. Tired concept if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
            I'm not a big fan of another "ancients did stuff" premise. I would much rather see a return to the more early days of Stargate when there were multiple races that actually did cool and original things, in stead of endless "ancients did it".
            What i want to see is an ancient story line, a series about them in their prime.... this is what i want to see rather than what others wants basically... all 3 series have been about the tauri...

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
              It seems like all stories people come up with these days is about another galaxy where the Ancients were. Tired concept if you ask me.
              actually what i wrote is about exploration only, not where ancients actually lived for long... and how could anything never made be and old concept? what i want to see is a story about the ancients, not about the tauri...

Comment

Originally posted by destiny khan View Post
                how could anything never made be and old concept?
                threads like these and fan fic etc pretty much always are "ancients did stuff in another galaxy and we find out"

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                  threads like these and fan fic etc pretty much always are "ancients did stuff in another galaxy and we find out"
                  yeah i know what he means, but we have never seen anything... just thought about it... that is not what i was trying to sell as a new concept...

Comment

Despite all naysayers I think your concept is pretty good. I'm sure you could replace 'ancients' with 'Furlings' and make a lot of people all of a sudden read this differently.
                    You've had more ideas that I've heard out of the Stargate franchise in years so good on you. Keep it up

Comment

Originally posted by ozzydave View Post
                      I'm sure you could replace 'ancients' with 'Furlings' and make a lot of people all of a sudden read this differently.
                      Nah. Furlings are the mystery race. After 10 years of mystery and trolling from the writers, there's no way the Furlings could be introduced now. Furlings are whatever people think furlings are. No matter what they turn out to be, you'd please 10% of the fanbase and anger the other 90%. Some people think they're cats, other think they're like Goa'uld, other think they're pure machines. That's just stuff i remember people posting. If you put 100 Stargate fans in a room and ask them what the Furlings should be, i think you'd get at least 50 different answers.

Originally posted by ozzydave View Post
                      You've had more ideas that I've heard out of the Stargate franchise in years so good on you. Keep it up
                      Well, it IS dead so it's not really a challenge, is it? XD

Comment

Certainly an interesting concept. You could write and put it out online. Though it is true having Ancient-anything be the main focus has been done to death (especially having a former enemy of the Ancients).

Thing to note: SG1 and SGA had interesting characters. You might want to provide some fun/diverse characters.

Also, the new enemy: SG1's and SGA's bad guys were kinda...one dimensional. Fun, but one dimensional. It was a black and white fight of good vs evil aliens and, no offense, your villains sound similar. Try giving their motivations or their existence some depth. Maybe make them morally gray. Even if they are evil, try making them gray in some way.

sigpic
                        Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
                        https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Instead of dialing everything up, it needs to be brought down, a lot.

For a Stargate show to be successful, it needs everyday heroes going against impossible odds in an infinite universe. If theyre already powerful, have everything and seen everything, whats the point.

No need for yet another galaxy, ours is big enough for plenty of bad guys to emerge and cause havoc, and plenty of yet to be discovered world to be explored.

We need Atlantis as the new SGC, more teams, maybe a new ship, a new big bad enemy, a lots of small ones. I like the idea of securing our sol system with defense satellites and bases.

A natural evolution of what shouldve happened after SGA.

But... thats boring.

Comment

Originally posted by meo3000 View Post
                            No need for yet another galaxy, ours is big enough for plenty of bad guys to emerge and cause havoc, and plenty of yet to be discovered world to be explored.
                            The asgard hyperdrive + beaming means that rescue is basically a phone call away.

Comment

I'd rather make a crossover series to wrap everything up. Start with SG-1 and properly conclude it. Give Sam and Jack a happy ending, after which they go back to their normal lives. Expand the Ori storyline and also their mythology and give it a longer version of events, presented in Ark of Truth. Also, give a character arc to Teal'c's son (who joins the latest version of the SG-1 team) and Master Bra'tac and show that some potential Goa'uld System Lords are still out there in hiding and being hunted down by the new SG-1. Then, slowly retire the original SG-1 characters (Sam, Jack, Daniel, Teal'c), promote Mitchell to a General rank and make him be in charge of the program once Jack retires. Also, have Landry finally retire, but still keep in touch with everyone.

Then, move onto SGA and have Daniel and Vala join the new Atlantis expedition. Finish off Wier's arc properly and give her a nice send-off. Have Zelenka, McKay, Shappard, Ronnon and Teyla (with help of other SG teams) discover and explore the previously uncovered areas of Atlantis that eventually provide them with needed knowledge to finally defeat the Wraith. Show off the Atlantis database in some episodes and make the episodes be centered around it. Have everyone married by the end of the current season following the final defeat of the Wraith. Reveal that Michael lied about killing most of the Athosians and have them return to their planet, and also - reuniting Teyla with Kennan and her son. Close the Genii storyline as well.

Finally, move onto SGU and reveal that the Stargate program has become too much for Earth's finances - even running basic operations has become too expensive. Now it's up for the Destiny crew to wrap up Destiny's mission and come back. A newly stopped Lucian Alliance attack forces the new USA president to go fully public with it. It turns out that a lot of info has been leaked trough different sources since the very start of the program. While it causes mass panic all around the World, it also causes every available scientist on Earth to join the Stargate program and find a way to get everyone back (or at least whoever survived). Daniel's, Sam's, Wier's, Zelenka's and McKay's knowledge provides the new scientists with new ideas that eventually rehabilitate the program. A new power source is found that can boost up the power of ZPMs and Naquidah/Naquadria and the Asgard core. This allows the US military to build Destiny-class Stargate and eventually reach Destiny. The crew is found and re-supplied and is told to carry out the mission. Rush is content because the Seed ships still didn't catch up. Knowing the program went public back on Earth changes everyone's perspective about Destiny's mission and their current situation. Young - albeit reluctantly - agrees to join forces with Camille and Rush. Matt becomes in charge of SG-teams, Eli becomes the leading technician o the ship, Camille remains the civilian's representative and Young remains in charge of the military personnel. Camille and her girlfriend go separate ways and she eventually finds a soulmate on Destiny. Same with Eli and everyone else. Of course, it doesn't go without occasional disputes between different portions of the crew. With the data, reluctantly provided by Rush, the damaged parts of the ship become available thanks to an episode arc where the crew finds a lot of tech on a planet, resembling the one on Destiny and it is decided to take as much as possible and that ends up providing the crew with the equipment, needed to fix the ship. That allows Destiny to complete its mission, the secret behind the background radiation is revealed (whatever that is) and the crew Gates back to Earth, while Destiny files off to a new mission.

Of course, being there crisis-over series, not everything would be shown, but the most important stuff would. Optional: release a movie where the outcome of the publication of the program is shown. Earth and its allies are the most powerful known forces in the entire Universe.

The series would last about 5 seasons of 15-16 episodes and it would go like this:
                              5-6 episodes for SG-1 stuff
                              4-5 episodes for SGA stuff
                              5-6 episodes for the SGU stuff
                              Also, the story arcs would be well-integrated with one-another and would share some characters.
                              Last edited by Mnikolic; 03 February 2016, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X