• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the Girl Who Has Everything (113)

Visit the Episode GuideSUPERGIRL - SEASON ONE
    FOR THE GIRL WHO HAS EVERYTHING
    EPISODE NUMBER - 113
    After Kara awakens back home on Krypton, her friends discover that she has been incapacitated by an alien organism -- the Black Mercy. While Alex and the D.E.O. desperately try to remove it, Hank is forced to impersonate Kara to save her job, but finds it harder than he thought to be Cat Grant's assistant.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 23 February 2016, 08:59 PM.

Other than seeing Jo'hn get into a fight with Kara's aunt, i felt this was a rather poor ep.. The whole "its a dream thing" has been (imo) done to death.

Comment

Yes, the dream sequence is quite overdone.
      But I did like seeing a representation of Krypton. We haven't seen alot of that in the films.

Comment

I agree it's a bit overdone, but I give this one a pass because it's based on one of THE classic Superman stories. Plus, they didn't actually do all that much with the dream sequence. I kind of wish they had done this as a two parter with almost this entire episode in the dream sequence with the next episode starting at the same time with just the Earth stuff.

Comment

2 big questions this episode raised for me;

-Why couldn't J'onn use telepathy to intervene?
          -I know it's a Supergirl show, but if group of rogue Kryptonians are running around, we're really supposed to believe Clark wouldn't take action?
          sigpic

Comment

It is a wonder why Kal el has not taken more of an interest..

Comment

I think we have to grant a wide latitude where Superman is concerned. Because Supergirl is hardly out of diapers as far as her skills as a superhero go, if they bring him in, he'll just take care of whatever it is, leaving Kara scratching her head and wondering what just happened.

If they are to bring him in, what would make the most sense would be for him to become her mentor, taking her to the FOS and have her go through the training course he went through.

I'm using the 1978 movie as basic groundwork here; after Pa Kent died, he went to the FOS and his Kryptonian father had left an education program in the computer that the green crystal shard created, along with the FOS.

Comment

Originally posted by Archaeis View Post
                2 big questions this episode raised for me;

-Why couldn't J'onn use telepathy to intervene?
                -I know it's a Supergirl show, but if group of rogue Kryptonians are running around, we're really supposed to believe Clark wouldn't take action?

For the first point, they mentioned in I think the first episode after he was revealed to be J'onn that Kryptonians are immune to his telepathy.

I mostly agree on the second point.

Comment

This is by far, my most favorite episode of season 1, and the whole series so far.

The story, the acting, the music, the visual effects, ... everything about this episode is beyond perfect. It's a masterpiece -- in my honest and fairly (un)biased opinion. I absolutely love it.

This is not just a story about Kara being stuck in a vivid dream, but a story about Alex looking out for her little sister. It's the story of bonds -- family and friends, and enemies. A story of loss, too.

The line that absolutely breaks my fannish heart, is the one where Alex says to James she's either coming back with her sister or not at all, and he just stands there, promising her he'll stop Henshaw from pulling her out too soon.

And then that whole sequence where Alex is pleading Kara to listen to her, that entire monologue in the judging room (or central room) -- now, there's some fantastic acting going on, and the music is perfect!

Chyler and Melissa are beyond brilliant in this episode.

This episode just tugs at every bit of my big-sister heartstring.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                  X