No announcement yet.

The Punisher (Netflix) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm five episodes in so far, and liking what I see! It could have been just stupid gratuitous OTT violence, but it's acted well, its characters are richly realized and well-written, and it's telling its story well. I really hope it keeps this up and doesn't pull a Luke Cage.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I just finished this the other night and I loved it. I might even like it more than Daredevil, which was my definite favorite out of the Netflix Marvel shows until now. And for some reason Karen is so much tolerable ( actually, more than tolerable, she's actually pretty great) when she's around Frank and involved in a storyline with Frank.
      sigpic

Comment

Finished it as well. It was worth the slow burn. My only complaint is not enough violence and we don't really get to see him go "Punisher" much in this show.

Hopefully that will be rectified with the obvious second season.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
          Finished it as well. It was worth the slow burn. My only complaint is not enough violence and we don't really get to see him go "Punisher" much in this show.
          I take a slightly different tack here... I like how they did it in this season, because I thought the downtime in between really emphasized the hyperviolence when it did happen. Like having two songs at low volume, then cranking it up to 11 for the heavy third song, etc.

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
          Hopefully that will be rectified with the obvious second season.
          Really really really hoping this happens. I just don't know what's doing on with the future of the Netflix shows now that Disney is severing distribution arrangements so they can launch their own streaming service.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Even my non comic book, non whumper self loved the show. Great job with the characters/character development off setting the intense action
            sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Finished it a few days ago, one of my favourite Netflix series.

Didnt seem to get distracted like a few of the other ones...

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post

Really really really hoping this happens. I just don't know what's doing on with the future of the Netflix shows now that Disney is severing distribution arrangements so they can launch their own streaming service.
                I think I heard that because the Netflix Marvel shows are owned by them, they're not affected by Disney's streaming plans, it's only things like the films and S.H.I.E.L.D / Gifted / other non Netflix owned shows that are.

Comment

http://cultfix.co.uk/the-punisher-se...rmed-32950.htm
                  Season 2 confirmed!

Comment

Originally posted by teddybrown View Post
                    Yay!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Filming of Season 2 has wrapped.

Comment

Just read that S2 comes out next month. I didn't see an exact date though.
                        sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Well...bet's on a Friday, and more likely than not it will be a week where Netflix doesn't have another major release.
                          sigpic

Comment

Soon to be cancelled, season 2 of the Punisher is out 14th January!

Comment

The 18th, not the 14th

I'm very excited, even though I know it's almost certainly the end.

Comment

Oh is it the 18th? Thought a Monday was a weird release date...

Comment

Working...
                                X