X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Punisher (Netflix) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Punisher Spinoff Starring Jon Bernthal in Development at Netflix
    By Michael Ausiello / January 16 2016, 9:44 AM PST

Netflix is this close to pulling the trigger on The Punisher, a new Marvel spinoff series centered on Jon Bernthal’s gun-toting Daredevil vigilante (aka Frank Castle), TVLine has learned exclusively.

Viewers will get their first look at Bernthal’s Punisher when Daredevil's second season drops on Friday, March 18, but the early buzz on the Walking Dead alum’s performance is overwhelmingly positive.

"Viewers watching the show will be rooting for this guy with a gun but we’re also going to force people to second-guess themselves," previewed exec producer Doug Petrie in a recent interview with EW.com. "Taking lethal justice into your own hands in America in 2015 is tricky s–t."

For those keeping track at home, this would mark Netflix’s sixth Marvel series, following Daredevil, Jessica Jones, the upcoming Luke Cage, and the in-the-works Iron Fist and The Defenders.

Reps for Netflix and Marvel declined comment.

http://tvline.com/2016/01/16/the-pun...-jon-bernthal/
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

i was hoping for this, can't wait

Comment

I'm going to have to see what I think of him in Daredevil, I haven't read any of the comic books.
      sigpic

Comment

And it has been officially announced

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/04/29...marvel-netflix

Not even a little surprised.
        sigpic

Comment

I heard this. I'll watch it
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
            Not even a little surprised.
            Me neither...but glad to hear it's confirmed!
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

It just makes sense
              Last Movie Watched
              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
              Life is Strange

Comment

The only surprising part is why it took so long...But it was probably to work out the logistics of it.
                sigpic

Comment

I would wager they were waiting to see if the Punished character was well received on Daredevil
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Can...not...wait for this series!! Jon Bernthal (shout out to Shane-TWD) did a good job portraying Frank Castle. The Punisher greatly enhanced season 2 of Daredevil!
                    sigpic

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."
                    ~ Supreme Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious

Comment

Very excited for this !! Great news. Netflix is doing things right with Marvel
                      sigpic
                      Kenton Canada

Comment

Looks like this show may be coming a bit sooner than we expected, as production recently got underway in NYC

http://www.starburstmagazine.com/tv-...s-the-punisher

Comment

Teaser

Comment

Official trailer

Comment

I really hope this goes well. So much potential!

Comment

Working...
                              X