• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pilot, Part 1 (101)

Visit the Episode GuideLEGENDS OF TOMORROW - SEASON ONE
    PILOT, PART 1
    EPISODE NUMBER - 101
    Time agent Rip Hunter travels to the present day to recruit the Atom, White Canary, Firestorm, Captain Cold, Heat Wave, Hawkman and Hawkgirl to try and stop Vandal Savage from conquering the Earth in the year 2166.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 23 January 2016, 06:00 PM.

No one yet?

I'm surprised.

Good premier. I liked it, and even my girlfriend was intrigued by it (she is tired of Arrow and Flash but I convinced her to give this a shot). Though she kept on making a joke about watching Doctor Who...

Bring on more.
    sigpic

Comment

I kind of loved it, it seems like a fun series. I'm really looking forward to the next episode.
      sigpic

Comment

It felt rushed and would have played out better if the episode would have been 2 hour long or at least one and half episode long.
        sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

Comment

Enough to poke my interest.

Did anybody else get the impression there was some timey wimey history being rewritten in front of our eyes moffat style with this or was it just me?

For example, Dr Stein couldn't remember the discussion he and Ray Palmer had had previously about power sources, plus he kept referring to Palmer as Mr, with Palmer correcting him "it's Doctor" while they were trying to get to the ship when Dr Stein said "Thank you Mr Palmer". There were other little titbits too, but I can't remember them lol.

It's enough to question what will happen when/if they return to the present, does Palmer interact with himself in the past and change his direction in life, or is even Doctor Stein from Earth 2 (or does he do the same thing, perhaps interacting with his previous self and changing his own timeline)?

Or am I just over analysing the actions of an old man? (My dad forgets things all the time lol).

Comment

I liked Sarah hanging out with Captain Cold and Heatwave in a bar and Jax not allowed to go with them

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
            Enough to poke my interest.

Did anybody else get the impression there was some timey wimey history being rewritten in front of our eyes moffat style with this or was it just me?

For example, Dr Stein couldn't remember the discussion he and Ray Palmer had had previously about power sources, plus he kept referring to Palmer as Mr, with Palmer correcting him "it's Doctor" while they were trying to get to the ship when Dr Stein said "Thank you Mr Palmer". There were other little titbits too, but I can't remember them lol.

It's enough to question what will happen when/if they return to the present, does Palmer interact with himself in the past and change his direction in life, or is even Doctor Stein from Earth 2 (or does he do the same thing, perhaps interacting with his previous self and changing his own timeline)?

Or am I just over analysing the actions of an old man? (My dad forgets things all the time lol).
            I just thought Dr Stein was being either Forgetful
            Last Movie Watched
            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
            Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
              Though she kept on making a joke about watching Doctor Who...

Bring on more.
              I got that vibe from the whole 'time master council;.

Though how is it that Rip has Gideon on his ship, and Eobard thawn had Gideon as well in Flash S1??

I just thought Dr Stein was being either Forgetful
              Or he really didn't remember Palmer in school.. He was just that forgetful of the guy?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                Though how is it that Rip has Gideon on his ship, and Eobard thawn had Gideon as well in Flash S1??
                Timey wimey or there's more than one copy.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

I got that vibe from the whole 'time master council;.

Or he really didn't remember Palmer in school.. He was just that forgetful of the guy?
                  This Gideon has a different voice than the one on Flash. I'm thinking Gideon is a time-travel Siri rather than an individual AI.

Comment

Anyone else shipping Jax and Stein?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Archaeis View Post
                      Anyone else shipping Jax and Stein?
                      Makes sense. He's a bad boy, she's a bad girl!

Comment

Makes sense. He's a bad boy, she's a bad girl!
                        ...huh?
                        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                          ...huh?
                          I tried to come up with some clever quip relating Garhkal's to the characters, but nothing can fit. I'm stumped.
                          sigpic

Comment

Maybe he was thinking of Sara and Cold? I've seen people shipping them, so maybe he got the characters names mixed up and that's who he thought you were talking about? That's all I can come up with.
                            sigpic

Comment

This wasn't exactly a good first impression for me.

They had so many characters so often the important scenes felt rushed. The fact that they all accepted the mission so quickly felt weird.

More importantly though, they got a big head start on the bizarre morality of the heroes. Now Stein is a kidnapper? That's messed up.

Stein: I did NOT rufie him!

That's EXACTLY what you did, dude. That should have put a permanent wrench in their relationship.

Jax should not have forgiven him so quickly. The correct response to his apology was "**** you! You drugged and kidnapped me!"

And Rip Hunter not only knew that he was drugged and brought against his will, he specifically told Gideon to prevent the kidnap victim from escaping the life threatening mission he was forced into.

Clearly he doesn't care about getting their consent, so why didn't he just kidnap them all and force them to help him?

Also, he's got a bizarre hypocrisy about altering the timeline. Even putting aside the fact that he's doing this specifically to save his family but doesn't want anyone else to save theirs, he also made a big deal about the importance of the cloaking device on his timeship but then doesn't actually turn it back on again. This is directly responsibly for those guys seeing it, and then Chronos killing them.

Brilliant logic from the guy sent back to prevent a rogue agent from altering the timeline by the way, murdering people in the past for no reason.

It was almost like the time travel in this show is intentionally written as a joke.
                              "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Working...
                              X