Post Watch the Thrones (304)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE 100 - SEASON THREE
    WATCH THE THRONES
    EPISODE NUMBER - 304
    In the wake of a devastating attack Queen Nia of the Ice Nation calls for a vote of no confidence in Lexa, prompting a fight to the death between Lexa and Roan. Marcus and Abby come into conflict with Pike over Arkadia's ongoing alliance with the Grounders.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; April 16th, 2016 at 10:42 PM.

Default Re: Watch the Thrones (304)

After this episode, I just want Pike to die.
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

From the previews, you might want him to die even more next week.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

I´m not very happy either, that Pike is chancelor now.
    On the other side, the b/witch is dead, long live the king!
    <a href=http://forum.gateworld.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=34704&d=1337616958 target=_blank>http://forum.gateworld.net/attachmen...4&d=1337616958</a>

Major General

Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    After this episode, I just want Pike to die.
    For me, its Jasper..

Pike is so blinded by his hate for the Grounders that he can't see clearly or make rational decisions when it comes to them. I'm really annoyed by him right now.

I really dislike that they gave Bellamy a random girlfriend just so she could die in order to push him more into supporting Pike's Grounder hating faction. The whole thing feels really contrived.

I don't care for how easily Clarke seemed to forgive Lexa for what she did at the end of last season and how she's trying to help her out now (it seems like Clarke's falling for her and not just doing it to ensure her people's safety. I really dislike the Clarke/Lexa pairing, I like both characters individually though.

I really liked Lexa during this episode. I liked seeing her with the Nightbloods again and how she mentioned that one of them would probably succeed her. I'm really glad that she killed the Ice Queen instead of Roan.

I also really liked the conversation between Jasper and Monty towards the end of the ep.

I missed Murphy, Jaha, and Raven during this episode.

I can do perfectly well without ever seeing Jaha again. Murphy can explore the situation there just fine.

From the "coming attractions" aired at the end, it looks like Pike is going to be in a whole lot of hot water next week, so my guess is that his story arc is just getting started.

You're right about Clarke being too quick to forgive Lexa, unless the whole thing is a convoluted plot that ends with Lexa dead. Last season ended with a look of unconstrained fury in Clarke's eyes. She wanted blood. I'm just not buying the kiss & make up bit with her.

One more comment about Clarke... at least she's not running around showing her cleavage any more. This show is good enough to not need that kind of eye candy, and it just didn't look reasonable, given their situation.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    One more comment about Clarke... at least she's not running around showing her cleavage any more. This show is good enough to not need that kind of eye candy, and it just didn't look reasonable, given their situation.
    That never happened.

Of course I know Pike isn't going anywhere soon, but that doesn't change my dislike of him. Pike is too blinded by hate to see the bigger picture.
    Jelgate is right

Major General

Quote Originally Posted by VampyreWraith View Post
    Pike is so blinded by his hate for the Grounders that he can't see clearly or make rational decisions when it comes to them. I'm really annoyed by him right now.
    He does seem to have a 'hard on' for killing all grounders. Someone needs to remind him, that they are severely outnumbered and if they want a war they will lose..

I really dislike that they gave Bellamy a random girlfriend just so she could die in order to push him more into supporting Pike's Grounder hating faction. The whole thing feels really contrived.
    It was rather lame that they put that gal in, only to have her die quickly just to push Bellamy into Pikes arms..

I don't care for how easily Clarke seemed to forgive Lexa for what she did at the end of last season and how she's trying to help her out now (it seems like Clarke's falling for her and not just doing it to ensure her people's safety. I really dislike the Clarke/Lexa pairing, I like both characters individually though.
    It does seem like Clarke gave in and forgave Lexa rather quickly.. BUT i do think she has had time to re-evaluate why she hated her...

I really liked Lexa during this episode. I liked seeing her with the Nightbloods again and how she mentioned that one of them would probably succeed her. I'm really glad that she killed the Ice Queen instead of Roan.
    That fight was very cool.. Though what is it 'with the whole Nightbloods'??
    What makes their blood so special?

I also really liked the conversation between Jasper and Monty towards the end of the ep.
    As i mentioned above, Jasper really needs to get his head taken off, since he obviously no longer uses it!

Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    He does seem to have a 'hard on' for killing all grounders. Someone needs to remind him, that they are severely outnumbered and if they want a war they will lose..
    Yeah, he just doesn't seem the type that will listen to reason when it comes to the Grounders though, all he seems to care about is killing as many Grounders as possible.

It was rather lame that they put that gal in, only to have her die quickly just to push Bellamy into Pikes arms..
    Yes it was. It would've been better if she was around longer and we'd seen the relationship develop or if she was a character that we already knew, like Raven, or if Octavia had been the one killed in the attack. Then we could've sympathized with Bellamy more (especially if it was Octavia), and his willingness to kill random Grounders who had nothing to do with the attack might be more understandable (I can see Bellamy being in a blind rage if Octavia was the one killed). As it is, it feels forced and Bellamy comes off as being almost out of character since we viewers had no emotional attachment to Gina or the 48 other red shirts that died in the Mt. Weather bombing.

It does seem like Clarke gave in and forgave Lexa rather quickly.. BUT i do think she has had time to re-evaluate why she hated her...
    Like Annoyed I'm hoping there's more to Clarke forgiving Lexa so quickly (and it not only seems like she's just forgiving her but it seems to me like she's developed feelings for her, which is what I have a problem with, and I hope I'm wrong about it), but I really don't think there is.

That fight was very cool.. Though what is it 'with the whole Nightbloods'??
    What makes their blood so special?
    There blood is black and not red, I'm going to assume that that's rare and that's why it's seen as special and so Nightbloods are the ones that become Commander. I don't know if there is any more importance to their blood being black though, I guess we might find out later in the season.

As i mentioned above, Jasper really needs to get his head taken off, since he obviously no longer uses it!
    Jaspr is annoying me too, but I really liked that conversation he had with Monty.

I thought Monty gave Jasper the kick to the face he needed. Its obvious the death Maya has made Jasper depressed and a little suicidal. However, Monty makes a good point of get over it as they are all hurting because what they did
    Jelgate is right

That was one of the things I liked about it, Jasper really needed to be told off, and I also really liked that Monty showed that he was affected by what he did at Mt Weather. I thought that scene between Jasper and Monty was very well done.

Major General

That was one of the things I liked about it, Jasper really needed to be told off, and I also really liked that Monty showed that he was affected by what he did at Mt Weather. I thought that scene between Jasper and Monty was very well done.
    Of this and last ep, imo it was one of the best acted scenes..

You bring up something that has been annoying me. I haven't cared for Clarke as Wannheda storyline. Their were several others like Monty and Bellamy who were just as crucial in killing the people of Mt. Weather. It annoys me how that scenario is all focused on Clarke.
    Jelgate is right

Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    You bring up something that has been annoying me. I haven't cared for Clarke as Wannheda storyline. Their were several others like Monty and Bellamy who were just as crucial in killing the people of Mt. Weather. It annoys me how that scenario is all focused on Clarke.
    The whole Wanheda storyline annoys me for that very reason as well. Monty made it all possible and Bellamy chose to push the button that would kill the Mt. Men with Clarke, yet Clarke achieves legendary status among the Grounders. Yes, the Grounders mostly dealt with Clarke so they saw her as a leader of her people already, but I really dislike how Clarke always ends up as the special one, the one with the plan, the one who's right (it's not even subtle), when she would've never gotten where she was alone. I like Clarke, but I wish the show would stop trying to make her so special.

That's also why I really liked that Monty at least got a line/scene to show that he was affected by what he did at Mt. Weather as well.

Major General

It is messed up that none of the other 3 involved in that final act in Mt weather were seen in the same light but imo a lot of that had to do with Clarke's status in grounder community..

Major

This episode is one of the reasons I hate scripted TV - because you sit there and shout at the characters because they are being so stupid. Especially based on the preview for next week.

These are the things that should have happened:

When Bellamy decides to switch and join the band of idiots, he should have been faking it, and since he alone was the person that could get the guns, he should have given them all blank rounds or empty guns, and when they went out they would have all gotten killed themselves. Problem solved.

or

In the, what, 12-24 hours between the time they were stopped from exiting the gate until the time they are released and are still going out there to kill the Grounder army - someone...anyone, walks outside, tells them "yo these guys are coming to kill y'all, we can't stop them, so, set up an ambush or something and just kill them when they come out - there are only like 15. You got this."

Just, it's so aggravating to watch people be so stupid and not do the obvious things. I know it's TV, but c'mon.

Also, Jasper's story is so annoying. So glad the other guy left him there in the jungle, I hope he gets offed because seriously dude, get over it.

Totally saw the spear throw to the Queen coming, too, but damn it was still great to see.

Am I the only one who really doesn't miss Finn this season?

Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Morbo View Post
    Am I the only one who really doesn't miss Finn this season?
    Surprisingly no.. I am not missing him.