Windmills (107)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ecgordon View Post
    My first guess was they would get to the point of discovering Julie in the hotel on Eros, but leaving us with a cliffhanger at that point.
    That is in the preview for the next episode, No. 8. That gives them two final episodes to cover events on Eros after they discover Juile Mao. I guess that is doable. The first book, "Leviathan Wakes" is 18 hours on audio book. Each TV episode is 43 minutes x 10 = 7 hours. Not sure what the "compression ratio" is from book to film but, because No. 7 was mostly stuff not in the book, they basically have 84 minutes to tell 6 hours of the story.

Comment

Originally posted by EaglesPDX View Post
      That is in the preview for the next episode, No. 8. That gives them two final episodes to cover events on Eros after they discover Juile Mao. I guess that is doable. The first book, "Leviathan Wakes" is 18 hours on audio book. Each TV episode is 43 minutes x 10 = 7 hours. Not sure what the "compression ratio" is from book to film but, because No. 7 was mostly stuff not in the book, they basically have 84 minutes to tell 6 hours of the story.
      Well with a tv show, you don't need to have someone describe the scene, what the characters look like, what they're doing, nor all the visuals or the characters' internal dialogue. You just show it and hope the actors can get it across. The time ratio of audio book to live action isn't even comparable.
      Brian J. Smith Thunk Thread - New SGU Hottie
      Zachary Quinto Thunk Thread - Sexy/Scary Sylar

Comment

Originally posted by Empress Vajnraa View Post
        Well with a tv show, you don't need to have someone describe the scene, what the characters look like, what they're doing, nor all the visuals or the characters' internal dialogue. You just show it and hope the actors can get it across. The time ratio of audio book to live action isn't even comparable.
        Usually the movie version of any book leaves out a lot. In this case, The Expanse would be the equivalent to 6 hour movie, gets to include a lot more but still has to trim a lot of the detail and side stories. The Expanse lost almost an entire episode, 43 minutes, with "Windmills" because most of that episode was not in the book. The long Dawes/Miller interrogation in the previous episode was not in the book. So they have put in a lot that wasn't in the book and are behind in telling the story. There will have to be a lot of compression in the last three episodes if they are going to tell the entire "Leviathan Wakes" story.

Comment

Originally posted by Empress Vajnraa View Post
          The time ratio of audio book to live action isn't even comparable.
          In the movies, it's roughly 10 words in the book per second of movie time.

Comment

I have read the second book of the series. And skip the first book of the series, some of my opinions maybe let some peoples disagreeing with me.
            i actually like this episode, it kind of explain why Avasarala do what she did in the second book. I like the scene where Avasarala having a conversation with Elise Holden, James Holden's mother is just like in depth, civilize conversation, mother to mother. It appear Avasarala character is devious politician but try to do right by her people(Maintain peace and stop bloodshed!!). And originally, Avasarala are having much potty mouth in the novel!!!
            I also like the sequence where the Roci encounter the martian patrol("Donkey balls!!!!").
            Sometime author want to change the content to improve storytelling of the novel, they are doing so by adding, deleting or changing some of the content in the book!!
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X