• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to the Butcher (105)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE EXPANSE - SEASON ONE
    BACK TO THE BUTCHER
    EPISODE NUMBER - 105
    Holden and the other survivors debate whether to set course for Tycho Station after receiving a transmission from a former Marine Commander with ties to a terrible event 11 years ago. Elsewhere, Miller's investigation leads him to a possible destination where Julie Mao was headed.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 18 January 2016, 08:48 PM.

I think it was a mistake to use Fred "The Butcher" Johnson's backstory in this episode, or at least in the manner they did. First, it comes from one of the short stories, not the first novel. Second, it slows down the pace they set in the past two episodes. It might have been better to get them to Tycho Station first, then his story could be revealed in dialog rather than an actual flashback. Also, it seemed to me they were setting it up to reveal Naomi might have been on Anderson Station, but the end of that action was changed from how it was in the book, looking as if the station was completely destroyed and all aboard killed. Maybe her father or some other relative was there, and that's why she doesn't want to go Back to the Butcher.

Comment

I really liked this episode. It wasn't as exciting or fast paced as the last one, but I still thought it was a really good episode. I liked the flashback to Anderson Station, I actually thought it worked well in the episode. I liked Holden in this episode for some reason. I also really liked the parts on Ceres station with Miller.
      sigpic

Comment

I liked the flashback as well. I think it's important for us to "see" as much as possible without being told.

I love how the team supported each other when facing off against Fred Johnson.

Comment

Working...
        X