• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dulcinea (101)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE EXPANSE - SEASON ONE
    DULCINEA
    EPISODE NUMBER - 101
    In a future where humans have colonized our solar system James Holden and the crew of the ice hauler Canterbury investigate a distress call from a mysterious ship. Elsewhere, Detective Joe Miller is tasked with locating the missing daughter of a wealthy family.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>

The only problem I had with this episode is that it should have been longer. Just 42 minutes or so is not enough to set up this complicated story, especially when they add the Earth scenes with Avasarala, who didn't appear until the second book. Even for someone who has read the first book twice, it took multiple viewings of this to get all the subtle nuances in dialog and sets.

I'm sure many were confused by the "belter creole" spoken by several characters, when only a couple of things were explained by Miller for Havelock. I'm wondering if the DVDs will have subtitles, and if so, will they try to translate those phrases, or if that will be explained in bonus features.

Comment

I really liked the first episode of this series. I think it was a pretty good introduction to the world the series takes place in. I guess it would have been nice if it was a little bit longer so we could've gotten to know the characters a bit better though.
      sigpic

Comment

I like this episode, though I am going through it a second time after just finishing season 2.

I don't think they need to subtitle the Belter language only because the original book version wasn't a full language and so that wasn't necessary to the story.

Comment

Working...
        X