• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chosen (101-102)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE SHANNARA CHRONICLES - SEASON ONE
    CHOSEN
    EPISODE NUMBER - 101
    After the Elf princess Amberle wins the right to be one of the Chosen, the King learns that the sacred Ellcrys tree is dying -- and the whole of the Four Lands will be threatened by a horde of demons emerging from captivity in another realm. Elsewhere, a half-elf boy named Wil sets out on an adventure greater than he can yet understand.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 27 January 2016, 09:40 PM.

I thought this episode was pretty good, for the most part. Some of the acting by the younger cast members wasn't the greatest (thankfully the worst one, IMO, didn't last long). A few of the casting choices and scenes looked like they were made for a generic teen series and were pretty cringe-worthy, but overall I liked most of the episode. John Rhys-Davies and Manu Bennett were really good though, and the guy who plays Will isn't that bad when he's around Bennett. The visual effects, scenery, costumes and make-up look also look great.
    sigpic

Comment

The American accents and modern idiom bother me. Language would've changed beyond all recognition in the "thousands of years" since our time and the time the series takes place.

And again, if "thousands of years" has passed between now and then, there'd be nothing left of our civilization. No ruins, no rusty helicopters by the side of the road, no decaying radio telescopes.
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Working...
      X