Independence Day: Resurgence SPOILERS/Trailers/Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Independence Day: Resurgence SPOILERS/Trailers/Discussion

So, the new trailer is out, and promises something huge.

https://youtu.be/LbduDRH2m2M

No Will Smith, which is good.
    • I'm a fan of this awesome Trek webcomic: betafleet.tumblr.com (archived)
    • Eesti on ilus, ja troppide parteide poliitikud pole enam Raudse Leedi valitsuses.
    • I chose the Gate avatar, because it was difficult to choose between SGU character pictures of someone who I thought I was like, and someone who I was fond of. :>

Very nice. I like that they adapted the tech they had left, to upgrade our fighters. That space battle was very reminiscent of some of SG1 and SGA's battles..

Comment

Good actors in this, and good effects. I just hope the story will be interesting

Comment

I hope they come up with a more believable ending this time. An computer virus written by earthlings can even infect, let alone take down an alien computer system? I never did buy into that.

But the trailer looks interesting.

Comment

The trailer looks pretty interesting.
          sigpic

Comment

It look good.

Would have like the earth ships to look a bit more different than just raptors with alien engines stuck on to them through.

Comment

The trailer made it look pretty terrible. But I'll probably see it off course.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                I hope they come up with a more believable ending this time. An computer virus written by earthlings can even infect, let alone take down an alien computer system? I never did buy into that.

A seemingly unstoppable alien invasion being beaten by something as simple as a virus after all the most powerful weapons and technology have failed.. Definitely no intentional reference to War of the Worlds there

Comment

True, and i like that it was a different virus entirely.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post

Considering all our tech was based on alien tech the computer thing was the least of their problems.
                    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

So, who's got their tickets for this friday for it!???

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        So, who's got their tickets for this friday for it!???

For us over here it's tomorrow, Thursday and I have a free day so will go in the morning no crowds....... Next week is school holidays so lots of teenagers and brats will be in the cinema. No thanks.

Comment

I might check it out this weekend. We have a new bistro theater that just opened that's pretty nice.
                          sigpic

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."
                          ~ Supreme Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious

Comment

OK I've just been to the movie and it's fun. I felt I got my money's worth and really enjoyed it.

There were a couple of moments that made me jump here and there and things I didn't expect. Overall I was pleased with this and am going again in its final week. I didn't stick around to see if there was a post credits scene of any kind because there was like 15 people there in the cinema as it's a weekday and I went to a morning session to avoid the crowd from an evening showing, plus next week is school holidays and you have teens and brats around.

Anyway I now wonder if I should have hung around to the very end. I loved it.

7/10

Comment

BTW Kenn who is in your sig?

Comment

Working...
                              X